GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,533
2 members and 1,531 guests
nathnpetrovo648, Xidelt

Old 10-03-2008, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Ranking Chapters

I did do a search for this before I posted. The first eleven pages were mainly recruitment stories the others were pretty much talking about PNM selection.
I am wondering about how a PNM should go about choosing a chapter to visit or accept an invite from. I understand that some houses you feel more drawn to and there are others where you have strong feelings of dislike.

Example:
After the first open house, you are required to rank houses. Let us say there are six. You are allowed to give four houses a number one spot and two other houses a number two spot. After visiting six houses, you love one like two and are unsure of three.

My question:
How would you go about choosing which ones to give a number two and which to give a number one?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2008, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I did do a search for this before I posted. The first eleven pages were mainly recruitment stories the others were pretty much talking about PNM selection.
I am wondering about how a PNM should go about choosing a chapter to visit or accept an invite from. I understand that some houses you feel more drawn to and there are others where you have strong feelings of dislike.

Example:
After the first open house, you are required to rank houses. Let us say there are six. You are allowed to give four houses a number one spot and two other houses a number two spot. After visiting six houses, you love one like two and are unsure of three.

My question:
How would you go about choosing which ones to give a number two and which to give a number one?
I'd go for definitely putting the one you love and the two you like as #1, then (honestly?) pick one of the remaining three. Use whatever system you like - try not to be superficial about it but if that works for you, then it works for you. Don't use tent talk - go more along the lines of your personal values. Is one chapter head and shoulders friendlier than the others? Or do you see more members of one in your classes? I'm not saying these are good reasons to JOIN a chapter, but for ranking purposes... go on what you have to go on.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd rank by how the chapters and national organizations fit your most important factors in choosing the group. Do you find philanthropy, mission, etc more important? Is it how you click with the women? It's the little things that MAY make you choose one over the other...and that's okay. I was at a tie when it came to after pref. with two organizations. It was the tiniest thing that helped me make my decision who to rank first.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
My question:
Go through recruitment ... I think that you'll fiind that it is easier to make this decision than you initially think.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas City View Post
Go through recruitment ... I think that you'll fiind that it is easier to make this decision than you initially think.
She is right now.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I'd pick the one with the best colors. Duh.

Haha, just kidding. I'd look at the (inter)national level...since you'll possibly be attached to that sorority after graduation, etc.

Last edited by WhiteDaisy128; 10-05-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: plural...silly CJ