GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,187
0 members and 1,187 guests
No Members online

Old 04-19-2004, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello beautiful ADPi's

My name is Shannan

University: University of Akron

Chapter: Beta Tau

Active or Alum: Alum May 03'

Positions: Pride Leader, Assistant NMC, Assistant Treasurer, Guard, Recruitment Info chair, Rho Gam (used to be called Rho Chi)

I am on the House Corporation and am in the office House Manager so I am in charge of our ADPi house. I am also VP of the Virtual Violets online alum assoc

Who joined: I joined ADPi because of how everyone treated each other. I loved how they were so down to earth and so real. I didnt want to join anything fake. Those girls were the best things for me. Not to mention I am a legacy. ( lots of family who are ADPis, but I didnt know my grandma was a ADPi till after I joined. We werent close until after I told her I was an ADPi then she and I became close until she passed away.)

Fave memory: Too many to name. The first three years I was in ADPi were the best times in the world I wouldnt take back anything except my last semester since I was so busy I didnt get to come around much and I regret missing my last semester there.

Last edited by ADPiShannan; 09-08-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello

1- Southeast Missouri State
2- Delta Nu
3- Collegian
4- Gift Mart Chair
5- I joined ADPi for many reasons at first... We are very well known in my community, we are a very strong chapter... we are competitive and so on... however, now I realize that my chapter is strong not because we win, but because of the strong sisterhood that we all share.
6- I have to sat that my favorite ADPi memory so far is initiating my diamond sister. I love her dearly, and I was so proud to call her my sister.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to adpi_memphis
1. University of Memphis
2. Gamma Eta
3. Collegian
4. inturmural chair and now Gamma Chi for the WPC
5. I joined ADPi because i knew thats where i was supposed to be. On preference night when i was going through RUSH i dont think i have ever cried so much. I had never seen such a bond between girls.
6. When we won Kappa Sigma's, Bahama Mama this year. All our hard work and dedication paid off.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
University of Kentucky and Saint Louis University

2. ADPi Chapter
Beta Psi and Eta Nu

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumnae

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
Reporter/Historian, Guard twice, Rush Information Manager,
Membership Education Advisor, Recruitment/Panhellenic Advisor

5. Why you joined ADPi
A very strong legacy in the family helped. But I met someone who really wanted to make sure I made the choice for myself. Her genuine concern made my choice easy.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
So many in college, but anymore the things that stick with me are women that have really grown through college and that I have advised along the way. One of the women last year told me how much she just tried to impress me in her role. She was amazing and impressed me as a sister and as an adult and she will be a friend for a long time.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tsuadpi859
Hi my name is Karen!!

1. Troy State University
2. Epsilon Kappa
3. Alumnae
4. Positions held: Special Events chair; Panhellenic Secretary/Treasurer; MEVP; Recording Secretary; Guard; Rho Chi; currently Social Advisor
5. I went through rush to meet new people and ended up absolutely loving it....at the beginning I would have been happy in ALMOST any of the orgs but now I couldn't see myself anywhere else
6. Wow, there are so many but probably the random things like midnight wal-mart trips, just hanging out in the T.V. room, etc..
Old 06-19-2004, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Illinois State University

2. Zeta Theta

3. Alumna

4. Currently I am the Alumnae Communications Director for District IV. I have been an Alumnae Association VP - Membership, Panhellenic Delegate (and then sec'y of that group) and when I was a collegian, I served as Giftmart Chair, (yes, I have the dangle too!), pride leader, assistant property manager, Membership Education Vice President & President. I was also a Recruitment Counselor

5. When I went through recruitment ADPi was the first chapter I visited on the first day. The sister I spoke with also ended up with me on the next round and then she said hi to me on the quad and used my name - I thought if they're all like that - then that is where I want to be!

6. There are many...I'll go with 2001 - District IV Leadership Conference - we were in Northbrook, IL and I was 7 months pregnant. (This is hard to tell w/o divulging ritual...) We re-installed Gamma Beta at Northwestern in conjunction with it and I assisted - I was given a job during initiation to do that allowed me to sit. I was all belly...picture that in initiation attire.
I am also honored to have had my photo taken with Miss Blake at the last convention she attended.

On the side - I have a strange ADPi hobby - when I go on vacations & I'm in (or going through) a town w/ an ADPi chapter that has a house, I find the house and take it's picture. I've got 8 so far...my dream is to someday take all of them...a girl's got to have retirement plans right?? I now also take a picture of the college campus if there isn't a chapter house. (And I've missed about 6 of those in my travels in the last 6 years.)
Old 06-22-2004, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to the board Christy!! It is so nice to see another District IV sister here!! I believe we have communicated over email before...I was President of the Akron Area Alumnae Association in 2002 and have been on the board in other positions since 2000 (currently the newsletter/web editor)!! Good to have you here!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TheKatie926 Send a message via Yahoo to TheKatie926
1. California State University, Sacramento

2. Eta Mu

3. Alumna

4. I joined ADPi because after I saw how much fun my other friends were having in various sororities, I wanted something like that too. It was also a way for me to meet alot of friends when I was away from home.

5. Hmm..so many. Probably the "pass the alphie" we had one year during our first formal recruitment in forever. Parties and formals too.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Karen, Sue, Katie & Christy (and anyone I missed)!!

Christy, I was curious if you know exactly where the Alpha Delta Pi plaque is located on UIC or UC campus? Everytime I'm in Chicago, I want to take a picture of it, but since Beloved is a GDI, I best know exactly where it is first!!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: ADPi Roll Call

Quote:
Originally posted by azureblue
1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian or Alumnae
5. Why you joined ADPi
6. Favorite ADPi memory
--------------------------------------
I'm not sure if I did this already, but I'm gonna do it again cause I feel like it!

1. Texas A&M University (WHOOP!)
2. Zeta Lambda
3. Alumnae, May 2003 (and looking to join an alum association if anyone from Austin happens to see this)
4. Asst. Panhellenic Delegate (I LOVE working with Panhellenic!), Asst. Recruitment Vice President, Recruitment Committee (I also love recruitment), Social Committee, and anything else they wanted me to help with!
5. I still remember the person who convinced me to join ADPi- her name was Lisa. I didn't really want to go ADPi when I went through recruitment, but talking to her and seeing it through her eyes made me want to find out more. Now I know that I found where I belong. I LOVE ADPi, and I partly have her to thank for it.
6. Playing "I never" with my Alpha Class right after initiation. It was the first time I realized that I had so much more in common with the other girls that I thought I did! hehehe
6a. (sorry, I have lots of these) Meeting a random girl on the bus to chapter retreat. She is now my best friend in the whole world! I don't know what I would do without her!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by meazie

6. Favorite ADPi memory: When my chapter brought me up on Standars and I was the Standards chair - that seriously happened but it is not my favorite memory!
One crazy night, we decided to raid the fraternity houses, since most of them were out of town for a sports tournament. We managed to move all of their identifying items around so when Sigma Pi came home, they had the SAE's trophies and composities in their house. We did this at 4 other houses too!
That is SO AWESOME!!! LOL, sounds like something my friends and I would have had fun doing!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:58 PM
peanutttu

Re: ADPi Roll Call

[QUOTE]Originally posted by azureblue

1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian or Alumnae
5. Why you joined ADPi
6. Favorite ADPi memory
[QUOTE]

1. Texas Tech University!!!
2. Epsilon Epsilon
3. Alumnae
4. Asst. Treasurer (2 terms), Pride Leader, Rush Info Mgr.
5. b/c the girls were down to earth and sweet. i could see myself fitting in very well with that group of girls.
6. Taking 8 hour road trips down to Acuna, Mexico!!! SOOO MUCH FUN!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
University of Alabama

2. ADPi Chapter
Eta

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian

Corr Sec

5. Why you joined ADPi
I met a couple of the girls before rush and they were the best! They were genuine and I was able to make new friends since I decided not to pledge the same sorority as everyone else I went to high school with

6. Favorite ADPi memory
The long hours spent pomping for our HC lawn decoration that paid off with 2nd place finishes 2 years in a row!
Old 08-02-2004, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University--the University of North Alabama

2. ADPi Chapter-- Zeta Eta

3. Collegian or Alumnae--Alumnae

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held--Chaplain, Pride Leader, StepSing Co-chair, Gamma Chi Recruitment Counselor

Alumnae Vice President of Membership

5. Why you joined ADPi-- I knew after waiting to join a sorority that the girls in ADPi that I had classes with were the girls for me. ADPi was truly one of the best things that happened to me, and couldn't have come at a better time. Even with opposition from family members and friends, I wouldn't trade it for the world!!! My ADPi sisters are the greatest sisters in the world!!!

6. Favorite ADPi memory-- Too many to count......but I'll try to narrow it down....
Bid Day, 2003 when I ran back to my sisters after 2 1/2 months of disaffiliation from my chapter because I was a Gamma Chi (even though that experience was awesome too!) Saying goodbye to some of my best friends was hard, but running back was fabulous! Running into the arms of a roommate I hadn't seen or spoken to in too long was unforgettable.

Singing All That Jazz for StepSing in our tribute to Broadway was fun, too. It's always nice to hear people compliment your solo singing with whoops and hollers!!!

Last edited by emleepc; 05-09-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University - UCLA

2. ADPi Chapter - Alpha Chi

3. Alumna

4. ADPi positions held - Panhell Delegate, Philanthropy Chair, RIM, and a bunch of other committee/pride roles

5. I went to what I thought was a dinner at the house with a friend from the dorms - didn't realize I was being rushed until people with nametags started sitting next to me and they asked me for my phone number. I loved the girls and the house, so I accepted my bid a few days later.

6. Too many to start writing them out.