GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 853
1 members and 852 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-25-2015, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile West Coast Girl Takes On Southern Formal! HELP!!!

Hi!
I need (lots of) help from all my southern greek sisters!
I was born and raised in California and now I go to school in Arizona where I'm an Alpha Phi. I've been to lots of formals, socials, date parties with fraternities at ASU (we usually go to Vegas) but in April I'm going to a fraternity formal in Myrtle Beach with a guy that goes to school in the south...
I'm mainly interested in what y'all suggest wearing! I'm not sure the full itinerary yet but I know theres a formal dinner.
Do girls usually wear long dresses or short? Any specific styles or brands to avoid?
I know it seems really simple but we dress different over here and I don't want to look like a fool!
Thank you so so much for your help!!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Contact the Alpha Phi chapters that are in South Carolina. Your sisters should be able to help you out.

You're smart to know that the Las Vegas outfits probably won't be the best choice!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 03-26-2015, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I wish I had more details, but fraternity formal outfits vary from school to school and even chapter to chapter. I'm actually in the same boat as you, where I've been invited to a mountain weekend/formal and have no idea what the dress code is. If the school is Clemson PM me and I might be able to help!