GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,108
0 members and 1,108 guests
No Members online

Old 02-16-2004, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the welcome! Feel free to PM at any time about Courtney, she is just fabulous!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Oops! Jen was still logged in on my computer and that was actual my reply (Adrienne) about contacting Court! But thank you again!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JazzDancerKt
Kappa Kappa Gamma Roll Call

UserName: JazzDancerKt
Chapter: Beta Nu, Ohio State University
Initiation Date: 2/2/03

Currently: not holding an office, but I was just elected Marshal for the 2004-2005 school year and I will be installed 3/7/04.

About me: I am from Centerville, Ohio (suburb of Dayton). My mother (Terry [Hallum] Terhune) is also a Beta Nu Kappa (she would have pledged the winter quarter of 74). My Dad is an ATO from Ohio State. Soooo, becoming Greek here was already part of my plans when I came to this great school. Being a Kappa makes me the best person I can be, and I love that.

Major: I just switched to English Education (as a junior! ) but I'm going to school the whole summer to make up for lost time! I want to teach secondary school literature.

[Shameless Plug: I need a job here in Columbus!]

Non-Kappa Activities: Drum & Bugle Corps (with the Toledo Glassmen ), Ballet, Reading, Computers, photography
Old 03-17-2004, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

username: KappagirlFU
real first name: Sheri
initiation date: 3/26/2001
home chapter: Eta Alpha Chapter, Furman University
Offices: served as Recording Secretary, and Chapter President

Home chapter claim to fame: Winning homecoming 2004, and being the coolest, but kinda smallish, fraternity on campus.

About me: I am a senior graduating in June. And currently looking for a job, no fun.:-( I plan on staying in Greenville, SC for a little while and then who knows. I am originally from Saint Simons Island, GA, which I'm sure no one has heard of. It's half way between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL. Other than that, joining Kappa was the best decision I have made. And I am going to miss all my sisters so much!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Username: Graceac
Real first name: Angie
Initiation date: January, 1992
Home chapter: Delta Eta, U. of Utah
currently serving the Fraternity as: Salt Lake City Convention Chairman 2006

Home chapter claim to fame: Started as a local sorority Lambda Phi Lambda. Used the hourglass as their symbol to mark their time until granted a charter by Kappa in 1932.

About me: Born and raised in Salt Lake, stayed for school, and still live here (common among many Salt Lakers). Served my chapter as Reference Chairman, Marshal, Frat. Ed., Standards Committee, and Slating Chairman. Have also been Recruitment Advisor, Standards Advisor, and on Alum Assoc Board. Taught 5th grade for two years and then decided to have a baby. Grace is 8 months old and already bleeds blue and blue. Stay-at-home mom. Also a Keeper of the Key.

Loyally,

Angie
Old 06-02-2004, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Username: jennytsk
Real first name: Jen
Initiation date: January, 1996 (I feel old!)
Home chapter: Gamma Chi, George Washington Univ.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

username: TrueBlueKappa
real first name: Mandy
initiation date: 11/23/02
home chapter: Eta Eta, University of Central Florida

About me: I'm a charter member of Eta Eta chapter and have loved every minute of my time in Kappa.

Last edited by TrueBlueKappa; 07-15-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call

user name: ILLINIgirl
Chapter: Beta Lambda, University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana)
Initiation Date: 11/9/03

Currently: not holding any office, but hoping to next year!

About me: I'm from a northwest suburb of Chicago and I just rushed in September of 2003. I've known I wanted to join a sorority since as long as I can remember. My mom was a Pi Phi at Illinois State University and her stories of being in a sorority only made me want to join one more and more. Next year I will be a sophomore at U of I and I can't wait to move into the Kappa house!

Major: Business undecided...probably accounting or finance

I just joined the forum today so this is my first post! But I have been reading the forums since I found them back in January of this year...I'm addicted
Old 06-05-2004, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kappakrystal
name: Krystal
Chapter: Eta Eta, University of Central Florida
Initiation Date: 03/21/04

I recently found this forum and was hoping to meet more Kappa's (even some from my own chapter since I know very few!). I'm a sophomore majoring in journalism with an english minor. I am very excited to be a part of a national organization and to meet more people. Talk to you later.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

username : LuvUTrulyKKG
real first name: Steph
initiation date: 3/13/04
home chapter: Eta Alpha, Furman University

currently serving the Fraternity as: Round 2 Chair for Recruitment in January 2005 (that's the Philanthropy Round here), as Substitute Social Chair for my roomie-sissy, Dawn, who will be in Spain this fall, and I am working on updating our website! I am also Panhellenic Vice President of Public Relations!

Home chapter claim to fame: We won Homecoming 2003 with Pi Kappa Phi, we are continually increasing our numbers, we are small but mighty, and we have a great showing on GC! (KappaGirlFU -- Sheri, our past president, HappyKappa -- Libby, our current president, KekeKappa -- Keke, our Round 1 Chair, KappaHurricane -- Kelly Ann, our other Round 1 Chair and one of my roomies for next year, and a Recruitment Counselor (Alpha Zeta)!)

ETA: And I forgot to mention our chapter advisor, Katie Gamble... also known as PrissyKappa, who just got married recently!

About me: I am from Ocean City, NJ, and I love going to Furman! I am an elementary education major and I love that too! I love my sisters too! Next year is going to be great... we have so many hardworking and dedicated sisters and our chapter is going to be AWESOME next year!!

L&L,

Last edited by LuvUTrulyKKG; 06-13-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call!!!

Username: UMKKG
Initiation Date: 10-20-01
I am a Beta Phi from University of Montana
Current office: President
Past Offices: Marshal, Social, Risk, PR
Best thing about being a Kappa: The people who I have met and what I have learned from them. We are amazing people and I am proud to be a part of this organization!
Beta Phi accomplishments: Thanks to the help of Courtney and Felicity we doubled our chapter in size and are still growing! Our advisor Heather was the female Advisor of the Year (2003-2004). We are lucky to be here thanks to the help of our WONDERFUL advisors and alumnae and also the all the help Nationals has provided!
Info about me: I am an elementary education major (plan to teach junior high) I grew up on a farm out in the middle of nowhere (North East Montana) My younger sister is also a Kappa with me
Old 06-12-2004, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

It is wonderful to see all these new Kappa faces on the boards! Welcome! Feel free to get our Kappa board jumping, it's usually kind of quiet in here.

Loyally,
Kari
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristi
username: kristi
real first name: Kristina if you want to get technical
initiation date: 03/06/2004
home chapter: Zeta Upsilon Chapter, Georgia Southern University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Webmaster

About me: I'm a military brat. Spent 3 years in Massachusetts, 6 in Germany and the rest in various other places, usually for less than a year. Well, up until middle and high school and now I'm currently in Georgia. Now I'm attending Georgia Southern and majoring in computer engineering and dedicating every other spare moment to Kappa. I just joined this past March and I'm so excited!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Ah, finally got this account to get activated...

username: Shima-Mizu
real first name: Catherine, but everyone calls me Cat
initiation date: 02/22/2004
home chapter: Eta Delta Chapter, Valparaiso University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Webmaster
Home chapter claim to fame: We had the smartest new member class for the semester I joined
About me: I'm a Japanese major, math minor. I'm an avid lover of martial arts, been practicing for about 4 years or so now, and I teach on campus... I love anime and hope to translate it one day. I'm from New York, the Long Island part of it. Valpo's in Indiana, and I enjoy being away from home. I'm shima-mizu on livejournal as well.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RiaLucia
username: RiaLucia
real first name: Maria
initiation date: 11/08/2004 (I had to go get my badge and check...how sad is that?)
home chapter: Eta Delta Chapter, Valparaiso University
currently serving the Fraternity as: New Member Education Chairman
Home chapter claim to fame: One of our women who just graduated and used to post here from time to time said it best "our chapter's just a baby!" We were a local sorority, Phi Beta Chi, until 1998. So we don't have much in the way of a long-standing tradition of being or doing something in particular as Kappas. However, like Cat said, we have an awfully bright new member class this past spring! Best out of 6 sororities!

About me: I, like Kristi, am a military brat, so I've been all over. Born in WA state, lived in Virginia, Germany, Pennsylvania (where I am now), and I've been to school in Ohio and now Indiana. I enjoy singing, dancing, acting, reading, and writing. I'm going into my senior year of college and I'm so very excited for it, as I've been ready to get out ever since I did the Walt Disney World College Program and got a taste of "real" life. So that brings me to my other "about me", which is that I'm a Disney freak and constantly sucking up info about its parks, resorts, movies, etc. I am an English major, but my love lies in my minor, which is communications. I enjoy graphic design and do a little web work, and if Cat wasn't such a fantastic webmaster, I would've stepped in and freshened up our chapter website myself. I hope to graduate on schedule and return to Orlando, Florida and take up a career with Walt Disney World.

You may also recognize me on the Kappa LJ community, as my name on LJ is also RiaLucia. Actually, that's my name pretty much everywhere.