GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,620
0 members and 1,620 guests
No Members online

Old 06-01-2018, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Texas State Day 2018

Is this event only for alumnae?
TIA
Old 06-01-2018, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of non-KDs attending. It's not ritual or anything but basically just for KDs.

Oh, do you mean collegiates? They could attend, sure.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

It's out bi-annual get together here in Texas. It's put on by a Texas Alumnae chapter and because the state is so big we generally change locations between North Texas area, Houston, Austin and San Antonio. This year it is sponsored by our Richardson/Plano Alumnae Chapter. Some years there are lots of collegians in attendance but for the past 8 years it's been mostly alumnae. Anyone is welcome so if you want to come with your KD daughters you are more than welcome to attend. We have breakout sessions and this year we are focusing on women in business. We have three talented KD women who founded their own companies including Patricia Miller co-founder of Vera Bradley who will be a part of that. Also, the Director of Girl Scouts in North Texas will be speaking.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! Yes, I was asking about my collegian daughter. Wasn’t sure she knows about it, but I’ll tell her about it if she’s allowed. ��
Old 06-02-2018, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I know at least four TAMU - College Station Collegians are coming,
maybe more. That's the only chapter I know about. I also know that the Richardson/Plano Alumnae Chapter posted on the Dallas Mom's Club facebook page so I'm assuming moms are invited. PM me for more info if you would like.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

That’s great to hear! Sent you a PM
Old 06-04-2018, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

APHi2KD,

Hello! I am on the organizing committee, and collegiate members are most definitely invited! We have tried to communicate that message through letters to the chapters (I think), information via advisors, and on the collegiate chapter Facebook pages.

Our speakers include Pat Miller, who is a Kappa Delta alumna and one of the co-founders of Vera Bradley Designs, our NVP-Alumnae, Tove Thomas, NVP-Membership, Karen Fesmire, and the CEO of Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas. I think that their messages would be of interest to woman of any generation.

I hope that your daughter decides to attend!
Old 06-04-2018, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, KD4Me—
Thank you!! She registered last night and is trying to find other chapter sisters to join her. She hadn’t heard about it, but is really excited. I know she’d love to meet collegians from other TX schools and has met very few alumnae, so this is right up her alley.
Thanks so much for the info!
Old 06-24-2018, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter had a WONDERFUL time and is SO glad she went! It was daunting to go as only a rising sophomore and not knowing a soul, but she was made to feel very welcome! She’s exhausted, but very inspired by you all and the continuing and genuine sisterhood she witnessed.
Thanks to everyone who reached out and especially to Just Interested for seeking her out in the crowd and introducing her around!! ❤️
Old 06-24-2018, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm thrilled she had such a good time. She is lovely and it makes me proud that she's a KD. Also, excited she is living in the house next year and was able to visit with her CAB and HCB chairmen. We had a lot of fun visiting. It's always a good time.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post
My daughter had a WONDERFUL time and is SO glad she went! It was daunting to go as only a rising sophomore and not knowing a soul, but she was made to feel very welcome! She’s exhausted, but very inspired by you all and the continuing and genuine sisterhood she witnessed.
Thanks to everyone who reached out and especially to Just Interested for seeking her out in the crowd and introducing her around!! ❤️
I am SO glad that she was able to come and that she had a great time! I am proud of her for attending, in spite of not knowing anyone else who would be there. It can be hard to walk into a room where you don't know anyone, even if they are all sisters. Hope she joins us at Convention next year and the next State Day in 2020!