GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,379
2 members and 2,377 guests
AOIIalum

Old 08-05-2014, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
One of the great tragedies of life is that we'll never know what that thing was. Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
As a lawyer, I sleuth things out. I drilled down on the names and they both got their undergrads at Arizona State University. These twins are unlikely to be the twins in the closed thread, cannot strictly rule them out but it is unlikely.
Perhaps “that thing” is that one of the twins transferred to the other’s school (i.e. Arizona State) and they ended up in the same chapter.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2014, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Perhaps “that thing” is that one of the twins transferred to the other’s school (i.e. Arizona State) and they ended up in the same chapter.
Possible and impossible at the same time because we don't have enough information.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Possible and impossible at the same time because we don't have enough information.
So, Schrodinger's sequin tights?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I sluethed too, but couldn't find any sorority affiliation for either. Not even on linkedin.
But I would LOVE to eventually know the identity or sorority -- or if it was even true.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

I felt that the pink sequin thread had a southern ring about it, or at least a sorority recruitment that is/was southern as we think of southern rush. For some reason I thought Ok.U(competitive rush) and University of Tulsa. Maybe it was because Callie was from an adjacent state and her family had a big ranch.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

The OP messaged me and hinted that she was a Pi Phi. I still think she was a sock puppet, though. There was plenty of trolling going on back then.

There was also some relation (IP numbers?) to the posters key*key and anchor*anchor.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:51 PM

That key*key person was awful.

I still maintain it was someone on assignment from a creative writing class to represent themselves as a sorority member and were irate that we "made" them.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I felt that the pink sequin thread had a southern ring about it, or at least a sorority recruitment that is/was southern as we think of southern rush. For some reason I thought Ok.U(competitive rush) and University of Tulsa. Maybe it was because Callie was from an adjacent state and her family had a big ranch.
Well, I went to OU then transferred to TU.
I looked at the # of sororities at each school, from her description, and it adds up. I also know women who went to both universities about the time of her (supposed) recruitment and know from my own experience.

I think I can crack the code! (Or, at least, I'll try.)
So, I'll go back to the story and read it with new eyes.
(This will take some time, so remember: Patience is a Virtue.)

In post #18 (from the original thread), TU was more of a commuter school & the visionary president at the smaller school was Pascal Twyman. He was awesome, very charismatic, mingled with the students (I got to have breakfast with "the President" my first year) & did great things for the university. I could call the President's office and he would take my call! He even got Germaine Greer to be a Visiting Professor in Women's Studies for a year! The reason the TU campus has expanded to 2x the size since the 1980's is due to Pascal Twyman.

When he passed at age 55 from cancer, past/current students & staff cried. President Twyman was well-respected and loved.

Now, to solve some mysteries ... hopefully.

Our Pink Sequined girl listed 6 sororities, which TU has 6: Chi O, Tri Delta, KD, Kappa, DG, Theta. This is each chapter's location on Sorority Row, starting with closest to campus (which may help with sluething).

She lists the sororities on her campus as 11, which matches with OU: AXO, AGD, APhi, XO, DDD, DG, GPhiB, Theta, Kappa, Pi Phi, and depending when she went thru Recruitment, the 11th chapter would be either ZTA or AOPi. [updated, as I figured out KD chapter closed at OU]

So 5 of 6 chapters at TU have chapters at OU. BUT, OU's recruitment and bid day are usually prior to TU's dates. Maybe there was a change the year she went through recruitment.

Now, I have to say, the Greek atmosphere at Tulsa is NOT one where if your sister got a bid at another university while you were going thru recruitment, that the other houses would not ask you back. (But since she said it was the other way around -- her sister pledged at TU and she was still in recruitment at OU -- possibly, but not likely.)

Last edited by ChioLu; 08-05-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I still maintain it was someone on assignment from a creative writing class to represent themselves as a sorority member and were irate that we "made" them.
Agree. Just too many markers of bad fan-fiction for it to have been real. There were several "tells" that the poster had generated the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

ChiOLou: "Well, I went to OU then transferred to TU.
I looked at the # of sororities at each school, from her description, and it adds up. I also know women who went to both universities about the time of her (supposed) recruitment and know from my own experience."

Yes!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 08-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma?

I Googled both of their married names a couple of days ago....I believe they both may be DG's.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, there go my plans of getting to bed at a decent hour tonight...
Old 08-10-2014, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklexi View Post
I Googled both of their married names a couple of days ago....I believe they both may be DG's.
Yeah if you do an image search looks like they're DG. And maybe too young to be the mystery twins?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

The twin lawyers from the state of Arizona both went to ASU. Pink Sequinned Girl went to a big state school and her twin went to a small private school in the same state so that story would not match up.

If it is Oklahoma University and Tulsa University (which matches up with the story and the 1 chapter at TU which isn't at OU), then I've done enough sluething to know which sororities match up to the ski resort names. All based on house description, chapter size or when the chapter came on campus. But, I don't want there to be hard feelings (from what the original poster described). It's her opinion and her opinion only.

If you're ready to read who is who in her story, I can give you names.

I was hoping to identify the mom, as Pink Sequinned Girl said she was Miss America runner-up and cannot find a Miss Oklahoma, who went to TU, that was 1st runner-up (other finalist rankings, but not 1st runner-up).

Would there be any other states where the big state school had 11 chapters, 5 of which were at the smaller private school, with the private school having a visionary president???
Old 08-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

That was the one thing that also threw me off ChioLu-the mom that was a beauty pageant runner up. Maybe this was a red herring?

I would love it is you would please let me know your match ups. You can pm me if you would like. i can't wait!!! And thank you for taking the time to do this.

You won't hurt my feelings if your post publicly. Zeta was there for a while, but never really got a firm foot hold. It's a fact.