GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,729
3 members and 2,726 guests
AOIIalum, MSKKG, Sarak24034

Old 01-26-2009, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha News

Tougaloo vigil set for MLK service: The Gamma Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. will host its annual Martin Luther King Jr. candlelight vigil and memorial service at Tougaloo College today.

----------------------

Plainfield, NJ Alumni Chapter set to be rechartered:
PLAINFIELD —The city's alumni chapter of the national Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity has scheduled a rechartering ceremony after years of inactivity, according to chapter President Kevin Turner.

“We've got a void here with us not being up and running,” Turner said. “We're filling that void.”

---------------------------
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Declares MLK and Fraternity’s Contributions to Civil Rights Movement “Inextricably Linked” to Historic Election of First Black President: Judge Glenda Hatchett, Former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer, and Congressional Members of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Commemorate King Holiday on Eve of Barack Obama Inauguration

----------------------------

Toland speaks on past and future of black America at Unity Breakfast

For 10 years, the local chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity has sponsored a Unity Prayer Breakfast in remembrance of the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

The latest on Monday, January 19, had even more significance as it was held the day before the swearing in of Barack Obama as the first African-American president of the United States--certainly a step towards achieving the “dream” of Dr. King.

The tone for the breakfast was set by District Judge Aubrey Ford, president of the local Alpha Nu Lamba Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha, Dr. King’s fraternity when he was a student at Morehouse.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-07-2009, 07:30 AM
GreekChat Member

The new website is ICE COLD!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I like it too

OMG the hymn is playing!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I like it too

OMG the hymn is playing!

There are some other surprises on there to. Someone is doing big things. *hint, hint*
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen1ne View Post
There are some other surprises on there to. Someone is doing big things. *hint, hint*

LMAO OMG I JUST SAW IT!!!

A mess! LOLOLOL

Hi, haters!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LMAO OMG I JUST SAW IT!!!

A mess! LOLOLOL

Hi, haters!

It definitely ain't hard to miss. LOL I am excited about everything going on now. Can't wait for New Orleans!

ETA: I know important people now.

Last edited by Phrozen1ne; 02-07-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

General President Herman "Skip" Mason, Jr. will be on Rev. Al Sharpton's Show TODAY

WHAT:
General President Herman “Skip” Mason, Jr. will be a guest on Rev. Al Sharpton’s Radio Show. With this being Black History Month, it is befitting to hear from an organization where many pioneers of the civil rights movement began their journey to civil, social, political and educational significance in becoming a member of Alpha. GP Mason will enlighten the listeners on what Alpha has done and what Alpha plans to do to impact the lives of African Americans.

WHEN:
TODAY, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 between 1:30 and 2:00PM/EST (See below for local listings for the local station frequency)

Station Frequency City - State WVON-AM 1450 Chicago IL WILD-AM 1090 Boston MA WOL-AM 1450 Washington DC WAMJ-FM 102.5 Atlanta GA WCHB-AM 1200 Detroit MI KZIZ-AM 1560 Seattle WA WERE-AM 1300 Cleveland OH WPUL-AM 1590 Daytona Beach FL KBMS-AM 1480 Portland OR WAUG-AM 750 Raleigh NC WGIV-AM 1370 Charlotte NC WDBZ-AM 1230 Cincinnati OH WROU-AM 1240 Richmond VA WGCV-AM 620 Columbia SC WJLG-AM 900 Savannah GA WAAW-FM 94.7 Augusta GA WAPZ-AM 1250 Montgomery AL WAGF-AM 1320 Dothan AL
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Zero community service hours?

Ques, Alphas, and others probe race

Last edited by Senusret I; 02-23-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Same talk, different day.

I hope people, particularly those administrators with the grand ideas, are taking the next step.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Miami Alpha Phi Alpha Chapter hears from the national president during a salute to local achievers at the ''Legends'' luncheon.

The national president of the nation's oldest African American Greek-letter organization, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, addressed a host of brothers and their guests during the Alpha's Living Legends luncheon held at the Hotel Sofitel in Miami.

The purpose of the gathering was to formally pay homage to three members of the Beta Beta Lambda Chapter, crowned as ''Alpha Legends,'' who have not only excelled in their careers, but rendered service above themselves in the Greater Miami community and beyond.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

And the Kentucky Alumni Chapter of the Year is....

HARDIN COUNTY — A local community service fraternity recently won a statewide award for its efforts.

The Alpha Phi Alpha group was named Kentucky Chapter of the Year by the national Greek fraternity at a convention last month in Bowling Green, Education Coordinator Stan Holmes said.

There are about 10 Alpha Phi Alpha chapters in the state.

The 15 members of the local chapter — Omicron Nu Lambda — work on a variety of local initiatives. These include a Boys 2 Men mentoring program and a program called Go to College, which helps prepare teens for post-secondary education and introduces them to university life.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

“Brother DeGraffenreidt was a pioneer and definitely a mentor of mine. He carried himself with dignity throughout his time in office. His impact will be felt for decades to come. He paved the way for young brothers and sisters who hold political office today.”

DeGraffenreidt was a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. He once said during an interview regarding the fraternity that he chose to join the fraternity because of the way Alpha men carried themselves as gentlemen on his college campus, their snappy attire, and the way they treated the female students as ladies at Tougaloo College.

Broward County loses Black political trailblazer: Fort Lauderdale’s first African American City Commissioner, Andrew DeGraffenreidt, succumbs at 79
Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Millikin Alphas Win Brotherhood Award

“The experience for me was rewarding because I see all of the hard work that the graduate and undergraduate chapter has worked,” Shawn Daniel, president of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., said. “This really was a joyous occasion because all of our brothers around the Midwest came together with one goal: to discuss, socialize and work together.”
Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Dhani Jones (Cincinnati Bengals) of Epsilon chapter gets his own show: Dhani Tackles the Globe.

Discription from site:

"By trying his hand at beloved national pastimes from around the globe, Dhani explores the way sports help to define culture. As a top athlete, Dhani will be able to demonstrate the thrills and challenges of each game by playing it himself.

Off the field, Dhani immerses himself fully in each city, getting the locals' take on the best places to eat, drink, shop and sleep. Throughout his travels, Dhani finds the love of sports to be universal, providing common ground wherever he lands."

Last edited by Phrozen1ne; 03-15-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: needed to add something.