GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,476
1 members and 1,475 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-14-2008, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone 23 and still working on a BA or BS

Okay, so im 23 ( just turned) and Im still working on my Bachelors. I want to do it all basically which is why I haven't actually set one path to work towards..... Now that im looking at the road ahead, Im kinda getting discouraged..

Im currently a Registered Nurse.....( I did an Associates Program) as a stepping stone. Part of me wants to go to med school and fufill that dream ( which won't happen until 26-27 if i go straight through with this M&M major that I will start in the Fall), part of me want to become a CRNA (which will tie into the same senquence with the science major or the BSN.) and then part of me just want to do BSN-->NP/ Midwife)

IDK......
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Do you enjoy being a Nurse? Do you wake up everyday with enthusiasm to go to work and do your job? If so, then stay with it.

Sometimes what we choose to study can be influenced by sooo many other things than what is in our hearts or what we are truly interested in. I got a B.A. in Economics in 1987 when I was 23 and now I am a Special Education teacher. I had a lot of math in college so I teach math to emotionally disturbed teens. I did not find my calling until after a variety of jobs, false starts, etc. My life's circumstances drew me to the classroom in 1997 and I have never been happier with my 9 to 5.

I'm responding to you to say that sometimes it is better to follow your heart. If I had to do the undergrad thing all over again I would have chosen a totally different major.

I hope this helps you and maybe some others.

I don't want nobody to give me nothin. Open up a door, I'll get it myself!! (The late, great James Brown)
Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
You are so young. Don't let your age deter you from your goal. What you need is a time management plan. It sounds like you might spend too much time worrying. Just relax and stay focus.
You are worried about a future. No one, and I mean no one has control over. The one thing people can do is use the present to prepare themselves for the tomorrow they want.

Think about all the goals. You have achieved. Remember at one time, those goals were in the future, you have reached them.

Remember, today is yesterday's tomorrow.

Last edited by Strive; 07-16-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

There were several people in my school how didn't finish their Bachelor's until they were 25 or 26. Some had Associate's, some took time off to work, some changed their majors every year, etc. I, on the other hand, finished my B.A. at 21. Another girl finished at 20. The range is huge and everyone is different. You've done so much and you at least have a plan. Just remember that, if the plan changes, that's okay--at least you have one! Life isn't supposed to be this straight and narrow path. My cousin didn't get her Bachelor's until 30--it's worth saying again, everyone is different.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl