GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,233
1 members and 2,232 guests
Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

"PAPER" VS. "MADE" BGLO

t

Last edited by _polly; 10-05-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _polly View Post
To anyone who can answer my question with sincerity,

I am a college student and I feel this year is the right time for me to express my interest in the BGLO that I have longed for since I was a little girl. However, recently, I have heard that the chapter at my school was "paper". I pray I am considered and if I am I do not want to just sign my name to join, I want to EARN my letters.

Now, my intentions are in no way to disrespect BGLOs, this prestigious organization, or the chapter on my campus, but I honestly know in my heart that I want to go through the same process (or most similar to) that of women in previous decades "underground pledging". This is very serious to me and you may say, "Why would you want to endure this?". Honestly, I believe in the tradition and culture of pledging into BGLOs and to know after I cross that I WORKED hard to be in this organization means so much to me. The emotion and passion behind it is unimaginable for me right now because I am not Greek, but I want that feeling after I cross.

I mentioned earlier, that I have heard the chapter at my school is "paper". I know that I want to join in UNDERGRAD ONLY because of the visions and goals that I have for this organization immediately after joining? Do you think that I have chance of being made by members of this organization, whether it be that I contact members of this organization that I know are made to visit during MIP, or any other suggestion/advice that you have? Is there anyone solution to my "paper" vs. "made" problem? If you do not want to post your answer to the public PLEASE email me at [redacted].
OMG you said all that and then ended with your email address?

This can't be for real.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

It isn't attached to my identity. It's fine.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

You have no business in anyone's sorority. You are already intending to be disloyal to the rules of the organization. You are already shitting on the chapter on your campus because they are upstanding ladies who believe that service is more important than prestige. Like really, how dare you. I hope you apply for membership and are rejected.