GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,336
0 members and 1,336 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG I want to buy France WHOLESALE. Mmmmm Cheese... and baguettes... and wine. And the Eiffel Tower.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-09-2007, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
Another answer: 2 words HELL and NO!
slm
Old 06-09-2007, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

heloo
Old 06-09-2007, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiel View Post
I was asked one time by some geek if we had any catty and mean people with us. I told her that of course we don't. We only have bitches! hahaha You shoulda seen her face! Priceless
heloo
g
Old 06-09-2007, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Ok, I'm NOT trying to cause trouble but name the top 3 frats at your college, because, UM, I LOOOOOVE the XZ's and the RQ's and the PYZ's caz they throw, like THE best parties. Who throws the best parties at your school?
ınterstıng
Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to haggis
Question Is this site for real or just levity?

This is the first time that I actually stopped to read some of the "questions" and "answers" and it looks like it's just for fun and not serious...right? Does anyone ever declare their actual affiliation or just the "ABC's" and "DDD's"? You guys are really funny though so I don't think I'd actually change anything...keep laughing...who the hell cares if everyone loves you or not...be yourself and screw them all!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

This thread is just intended to be humourous-- we get a lot of the same questions over and over from new posters to the boards. There's a SEARCH function users can click on to find old threads that may help answer their questions.

Some more frequent/funny questions:

* Is it true that ABC sorority and XYZ fraternity are brother/sister organizations? (no-- there is no such thing. Some groups may be paired up for Homecoming one year at a certain university, but the fraternities and sororities are completely independent of one another!)

* I am an upperclassman with a low GPA and I want to join a sorority at an SEC school. Do I have a good chance? (short answer: You have a very small chance and should be open to joining all of the chapters. SEC schools have a competitive recruitment where even freshmen with 4.0s are heavily cut. Even if you stick it out until the end, you probably will not receive a bid.)

* I want to join ABC sorority, but there isn't a chapter of it at my school. What should I do? (The process of chartering a sorority is long and exhaustive, and the campus Panhellenic and the sorority have to be on the same page. It can take years. You are much better off going through recruitment with the chapters on your campus.)

* Is anyone here from Greece? (no, this is not a web site for people from Greece or people who speak Greek.)
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post
This is the first time that I actually stopped to read some of the "questions" and "answers" and it looks like it's just for fun and not serious...right? Does anyone ever declare their actual affiliation or just the "ABC's" and "DDD's"?
There are lots of people who declare their affiliation as you can see in their signatures and usernames. However, when you're posing a scenario like "I was pledging ABC but they made me ride around naked on a goat. Should I depledge?" it's best to err on the side of anonymity.

Bottom line: the "ABC" & "XYZ" are used so no one is unnecessarily offended by their sorority or fraternity being named.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
lol, we did actually have a chapter that got "caught" rating PNMs. Not sure why they were that dumb, but the PNMs saw it and spread the word. It certainly wasn't secret hand signals though. Just plain numbers.

Secret signals they might have gotten away with!

/Snoddy looks are better
This response is a little late, but just FYI:One of my fellow Rho Chis was a member of AAA sorority which was known for being very pretty, but also very promiscuous, and maybe even a little snobby. Anyway, she confided in us that they used hand signals during rush. I guess a certain one meant "save me", and another girl would join in on the convo. Even worse, her house was the only one that would let us watch their skit during rush (the others made us wait in the housemom's room). We thought this was very generous of them until we heard it announced that their house made top tier for grades for the past 5 years or something crazy like that. It was pretty common knowledge that AAA ranked probably around #10 for grades, which upset me and another Rho Chi b/c our sororities were #1 and #2 for grades.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOETaleah View Post
Cause I know you can join an honours society like Phi Beta Kappa.
At first, I thought I'd just have a good laugh at all this, but this quote made me remember something I could add. Once, a girl recognized me from a function for Psi Chi (The National Honor Society in Psychology). So she comes up to me and asks, "So, can I still join a sorority if I join Psi Chi first? Like, will they not let me in because it has Greek Letters?" I actually did see someone ask this on GC too about dual membership in a sorority and an honor society. I was too to laugh the first time and was still too to laugh the second time.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

im a newbie

im not a part of NPC i just wanted to know what rho chi or rho gamma is / are.??? I always here about them on Gc and i get so confused... sorry about the newbie question- had to ask!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPDPrez View Post
im not a part of NPC i just wanted to know what rho chi or rho gamma is / are.??? I always here about them on Gc and i get so confused... sorry about the newbie question- had to ask!
A "Rho Chi" is a sorority member who serves as a "Recruitment Counselor to PNMs during recruitment. She disaffiliates herself from her sorority for a given amount of time so that she can be a fair and unbiased resource for the PNMs. Her affiliation is revealed at the conclusion of recruitment.

They were called Rho Chis for years before it was discovered that "Rho Chi" was already being used by another organization. I've seen them called Rho Gammas, Pi Chis, Sigma Gammas, etc. on different campuses.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned

There is a "brothel" law in Cobb County, GA.

Frats are allowed to have houses but there is in writing that if there are more than 6 girls living in a house at one time it's considered a whore house, therefore no greek row at KSU
Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
There is a "brothel" law in Cobb County, GA.

Frats are allowed to have houses but there is in writing that if there are more than 6 girls living in a house at one time it's considered a whore house, therefore no greek row at KSU

There is no such thing:

http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=54474

Lakers Nation.
Closed Thread