GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,255
2 members and 2,253 guests
indygphib

Old 08-04-2014, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Oklahoma State University Recruitment 2014

Recruitment starts with Check-in and Orientation tomorrow, August 5th, and Round 1 on August 6th.

http://gogreek.okstate.edu/fall-recruitment

2014 Schedule in Brief

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 Check-in and Orientation
8 a.m. to 12 p.m. -- Check-in at Gallagher-Iba Arena
1:30 p.m. -- Parent/Guardian Orientation at Gallagher-Iba Arena
3 p.m. -- Potential New Member Orientation
5 p.m. -- Dinner and Sorority Neighborhood Tours
7:30 p.m. -- Reality Check
The check-in process for fall recruitment is very important. So, let’s talk about it. First and foremost, please note that moving into your permanent housing assignment does NOT automatically check you in for recruitment. PNMs and their parents/guardians must report to Gallagher-Iba Arena, on Hall of Fame Avenue, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Tuesday, August 5. Failure to check in with the Panhellenic Council by 12 p.m. will result in a PNM being unable to participate in recruitment. Further, the parent/guardian orientation at 1:30 p.m. will include vital information for parents/guardians about the expectations of sorority membership and details about the recruitment process. Attendance is highly recommended. However, PNMs are not required to attend the parent/guardian orientation. Following the parent/guardian orientation, PNMs and their families should conclude all family business. The PNM orientation begins at 3 p.m. at Gallagher-Iba Arena. PNMs should arrive promptly and be ready for a group photo.
Suggested attire: Just be comfortable.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 Event Round One (Open House Day 1)
Events are 30 minutes long and participants will have short conversations with a few members. By the end of this day, participants will have visited approximately half of the 13 chapters. Alpha Xi Delta will be participating in this round only and will then hold informal recruitment after.
Attire for this day: OSU apparel such as a gameday dress or T-shirt, casual shorts, skirt, jeans or capris and casual, comfortable shoes or flip-flops.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 Event Round One (Open House Day 2)
Events are 30 minutes long and participants will have short conversations with a few members. By the end of this day, participants will have visited all 13 chapters. Alpha Xi Delta will be participating in this round only and will then hold informal recruitment after.
Attire for this day: Provided T-shirt, casual shorts, skirt, jeans or capris and casual, comfortable shoes or flip-flops.

Friday, August 8, 2014 Event Round Two (House Tour/Philanthropy Day)
Events are 40 minutes long during this round. Potential new members will go on a tour of each chapter house and participate in a project to benefit each chapter's national or local philanthropy. Projects may include: making quilt squares to be assembled into blankets that will be given to the Stillwater Center for Domestic Violence, making cookies to donate to the Ronald McDonald House, making charm bracelets to give to the Make a Wish foundation, painting chairs for local schools, etc.

This is a good time to ask chapter members about philanthropy and community service requirements, scholarship expectations, campus involvement, intramural sports participation and financial obligations.

Suggested attire: Dressier than days one and two but still casual. A sundress, pants, capris or a skirt and nice top, and comfortable shoes.

Saturday, August 9, 2014 Event Round Three (Skit Round)
Events are an hour long on this day, and the skit performances are fantastic. Participants will have conversations with chapter members about new member programs and retreats, sisterhood activities and friendship.

Suggested attire: Dressier again; wear a nice skirt and blouse or dress.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 Event Round Four (Preference Round)
This is the final event round of recruitment and is a more serious day. Potential new members will have deeper conversations with chapter members regarding chapter values and what chapter membership means to them.

Suggested attire: Dressiest of the week; a dress that you would wear to church or a wedding. You do not need a formal or cocktail dress.

Monday, August 11, 2014 This is Bid Day!
In the morning, potential new members will receive their invitation to join a sorority. New members will then go to the Panhellenic Bid Day Ceremony. Parents/guardians can refer to their email or go to the designated location(s) at noon on Bid Day to find out what chapter has extended an invitation for membership to their student. Parents/guardians will be directed to the chapter houses to meet up with their students for afternoon activities. There will be light food, pictures, new member meetings, parent/guardian meetings, and more!

Attire for this day is VERY casual. The chapter you join will provide you with a T-shirt. Wear casual shorts, jeans or capris and comfortable shoes.

Last edited by Lovethesand; 08-04-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2014, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Here's the link to the Alpha Xi Delta Colonization recruitment schedule

http://okstate.alphaxidelta.org/inde...tment_schedule
Old 08-04-2014, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

So excited about the recolonization of Epsilon Omicron, hoping it all goes fabulously
Old 08-04-2014, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Xi Delta was our neighbor, across the street and down one, and I am glad Epsilon Omicron is returning to Stillwater. I wish them every success! I wish I could have been in town today with other alums for for the dress rehearsal of the KD skit. Go Pokes!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

My niece will be rushing!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter said all the visiting Alpha Xi Deltas she's met have been friendly and charming and fun. Wish them well.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

My SIL texted me and said that the check-in with smoothly and the Panhellenic reps. who checked the girls in made my niece feel very much at ease, and that she feels good about the process (right now anyway!). Good job OSU Panhellenic!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

None of the material I have seen, including the recruitment book, say how many parties per round PNMs can attend max. I must be looking right at it and not seeing it.

Also, update on the AOPi house, pretty pleaz.

Also, good luck FSUZeta niece!! The Zeta house is a vintage treasure!

Last edited by Katmandu; 08-05-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughters best friend from when we lived in OK is going thru rush. I'm so excited to see where she ends up. I was not in a sorority when I went to OSU but all my friends were. It's fun to see how much things have changed.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Katmandu. My niece is getting excited. She, her mom, and her dad got her room looking great (SIL texted me a photo). Mom and dad are worn out! If I hear how rush is going, I will let you all know-discreetly, of course!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

To those with friends and family in recruitment at OSU....enjoy! Ok State is very friendly and very beautiful. It is a great place to be greek, and a great place to be independent. I ended up with friends in many houses, and made lots of friends who were happily Indy. All of my hi school friends went to OU, Baylor or Ivies, but one visit to Stillwater my Sr. year sealed the deal. I also received a top notch education.... equal to any. Would love to hear how it all ends up.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
None of the material I have seen, including the recruitment book, say how many parties per round PNMs can attend max. I must be looking right at it and not seeing it.

Also, update on the AOPi house, pretty pleaz.

Also, good luck FSUZeta niece!! The Zeta house is a vintage treasure!
AOPi house is huge and beautiful! Saw it from the outside last week but did not have a chance to go inside.

PNMs can attend 12 open house, 9 philanthropy, 6 skit, 3 pref parties.

I met several Alpha Xi Delta consultants and they were adorable!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

You read my mind ladybug12-I was wondering how many houses they attended on phil. round, since the description said that they would tour all the houses. Perhaps it would have made more sense if it had read they will tour each house they are invited to.

Do you know how late they go tonight? I don't want to bother my SIL.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Ladybug 12. None of the material I saw said how many parties each round they could attend. It's a much better breakdown now. Back in the day, we had 12 chapters. The rounds were 12, 6, 3, 2. Very steep cuts the first day and then only 2 prefs with 12 chapters.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

http://gogreek.okstate.edu/frequently-asked-questions

All the way at the bottom of the page: "For more information on decision making and mutual selection, click here to view a brief presentation." Go to Slide 4:

Recruitment Format
12*-9-6-3
First round: PNMs attend events at all 13 chapters on Wednesday and Thursday.
Known as Open House Round.
*All students will attend an event at Alpha Xi Delta, however, they will not be participating in the bid matching process.
Second round: PNMs attend a maximum of 9 chapters on Friday.
Known as House Tour/Philanthropy Round.
Third round: PNMs attend a maximum of 6 chapters on Saturday.
Known as Skit Round.
Fourth round: PNMs attend a maximum of 3 chapters on Sunday.
Known as Preference Day.