GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,427
3 members and 2,424 guests
MSKKG, navane

Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I kinda sorta really really LOVE the pepto pandas...

*runs and hides*
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txAOII_15 View Post
I kinda sorta really really LOVE the pepto pandas...

*runs and hides*
I question your taste level now, little sister!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
I love my (Theta) print too. It hasn't been well received on these boards, but I am pleased with the way it turned out.

Some, *cough AzTheta* cough, don't like that they added light blue to our black and gold, but I truly believe that they were creating a beautiful sky background for our soaring kites. In addition, the pansies appear almost cloud-like, resulting in an overall effect that blends all of our symbols and colors into one theme for the print. For me, the effect works well. I also appreciate that our letters are in the print, but in a very subtle manner.

I have the tote bag and the scarf, and get compliments often.

I do understand the frustration of some groups, as there are sorority prints that I think they did well, and others that could have been tweaked a bit.

AHEM.

methinks that Blondie93 wears the print well, given the hair color and dewy complexion. FYI, little sister, I have not caved yet and gotten the tote. I have given wristlets as 21st b'day gifts and they've been ecstatically received.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I question your taste level now, little sister!
After the World Wildlife Fund print, I was scared our print would be a hot mess. But I was pleasantly surprised, AND the print fit perfectly into my (relatively) new found love of pink
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like the ADPi print but the one I love the most is Chi O's pattern. I've seen the bracelets in person and for $48 they were underwhelming. The print is somewhat small so it will just look like a plain bracelet unless someone really looks. I was thinking about buying one but now that i've seen it, it's not worth the price.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I used to work in the fabric industry (home furnishings/fashion,) so FWIW, here are my thoughts. I don't think that LP is going to be competely oblivious to wider trends going on, and may (at least in part) pick GLO's whose colors harmonize with those trends.

AGD -- I think AGD is a lock because their colors will be very prominent this spring. You will see them everywhere, in fashion, swimwear, etc. So those AGD totes, scarves, etc. will hold an even more special appeal. I feel certain that LP in general will be right in line with the trend.

ZTA -- Very likely, not only due to the national strength of the org, particularly in the south, but also because their grey and turquoise colors will be prominent in the fashion world (keeping in mind that the ZTA turquoise will likely take on a more greenish cast.) I would expect to see their pattern have two shades of grey (lighter/darker) along with the greenish turquoise perhaps blended with the more blue turquoise. LP might use a very small amount of a brighter color (yellow?) as an accent if ZTA doesn't object.

AXO -- much tougher due to their deeper tones. AXO has a lot of national strength, so if LP goes in this direction, then they will really have to rework the colors to lighten up the overall effect. I feel a lot less confidence in AXO than I do in AGD (which I think is as close to a sure thing as you can get.) Ditto ASA.

GPB -- I could see this happening. A light linen pink will be very popular this spring, and a light brown will be seen as well, although not as prominently. So I would expect to see GPB's pattern have mode and linen pink with brown and a darker pink as accents. The fabric designer might want to cut some white or cream in there as well. I think that LP could come up with a very pretty pattern for GPB.

Tri-Sigma -- if Tri-Sigma doesn't object to blending in pink and amethyst with their royal purple, I could see this happening.

Phi Sigma Sigma -- their colors are right in line with trends (you could say the same for Theta Phi Alpha.)

AST, AEPhi -- their colors are not really in line with trends, but are bread-and-butter for LP, so either might be included for that reason.

So my best guess -- AGD, Zeta, GPB, Tri Sigma, Phi Sigma Sigma with perhaps AST or AEPhi as an alternate. I think that LP will save AXO, ASA, and the other sororities for later cycles.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I used to work in the fabric industry (home furnishings/fashion,) so FWIW, here are my thoughts. I don't think that LP is going to be competely oblivious to wider trends going on, and may (at least in part) pick GLO's whose colors harmonize with those trends.

AGD -- I think AGD is a lock because their colors will be very prominent this spring. You will see them everywhere, in fashion, swimwear, etc. So those AGD totes, scarves, etc. will hold an even more special appeal. I feel certain that LP in general will be right in line with the trend.

ZTA -- Very likely, not only due to the national strength of the org, particularly in the south, but also because their grey and turquoise colors will be prominent in the fashion world (keeping in mind that the ZTA turquoise will likely take on a more greenish cast.) I would expect to see their pattern have two shades of grey (lighter/darker) along with the greenish turquoise perhaps blended with the more blue turquoise. LP might use a very small amount of a brighter color (yellow?) as an accent if ZTA doesn't object.

AXO -- much tougher due to their deeper tones. AXO has a lot of national strength, so if LP goes in this direction, then they will really have to rework the colors to lighten up the overall effect. I feel a lot less confidence in AXO than I do in AGD (which I think is as close to a sure thing as you can get.) Ditto ASA.

GPB -- I could see this happening. A light linen pink will be very popular this spring, and a light brown will be seen as well, although not as prominently. So I would expect to see GPB's pattern have mode and linen pink with brown and a darker pink as accents. The fabric designer might want to cut some white or cream in there as well. I think that LP could come up with a very pretty pattern for GPB.

Tri-Sigma -- if Tri-Sigma doesn't object to blending in pink and amethyst with their royal purple, I could see this happening.

Phi Sigma Sigma -- their colors are right in line with trends (you could say the same for Theta Phi Alpha.)

AST, AEPhi -- their colors are not really in line with trends, but are bread-and-butter for LP, so either might be included for that reason.

So my best guess -- AGD, Zeta, GPB, Tri Sigma, Phi Sigma Sigma with perhaps AST or AEPhi as an alternate. I think that LP will save AXO, ASA, and the other sororities for later cycles.
Very interesting! Can you explain the heinous pepto pandas?

AOII

Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Very interesting! Can you explain the heinous pepto pandas?
Sadly, no. I don't know what that fabric designer was thinking.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Sadly, no. I don't know what that fabric designer was thinking.
Neither do I. LOL.

AOII

Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I know that internationals have to approve the designs, so at least someone in the organization has a say in it.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

And my bets are on AXO, GPhiB, ZTA, AGD and Tri Sig (Cause they are the longest standing members of the NPC without prints).
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

For some reason, I have a feeling Alpha Epsilon Phi will be next as their colors work well with the Lilly palette. I don't think Theta Phi Alpha and Phi Sigma Sigma will come out in the same group since we have similar colors, it will probably be one or the other. Same with Alpha Chi Omega and Alpha Gamma Delta. If my wish isn't granted with the next print class, at least I have something to hold me over until our turn comes .

Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergal1985 View Post
For some reason, I have a feeling Alpha Epsilon Phi will be next as their colors work well with the Lilly palette. I don't think Theta Phi Alpha and Phi Sigma Sigma will come out in the same group since we have similar colors, it will probably be one or the other. Same with Alpha Chi Omega and Alpha Gamma Delta. If my wish isn't granted with the next print class, at least I have something to hold me over until our turn comes .

Glittergal1985, where did you find this? I'm trying to find more Phi Mu Vineyard Vines totes to replace my one tote that got ruined. I can get one with chocolate handles but, I want navy handles.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergal1985 View Post

I was so thrilled to see them using my beloved compass (FINALLY! Alexandra & Co. ALWAYS ignores the compass! ), I literally said "yippee" out loud.

Where did you find this? Is this the final print for sure, or just one of several options? Do you know when it will be available?

Thanks so much for posting it!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Glittergal1985, where did you find this? I'm trying to find more Phi Mu Vineyard Vines totes to replace my one tote that got ruined. I can get one with chocolate handles but, I want navy handles.
My chapter contacted VV and they designed this print for us so we can place a group order. If you can get your chapter/alum association to order with you (the minimum is 40) you could probably get the tote in navy.