GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,426
2 members and 2,424 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Vote in USA World Showcase Talent - Taylor Reid

Hey, y'all!! This 13 year old singer from my home county is competing the the online voting. I and she would appreciate your vote!!

http://www.mtscproductions.com/video/f15.htm

Local resident up for TV Viewer Award
By Robbie Schwartz
The Walton Tribune

Published January 4, 2006
WALTON COUNTY — Taylor Reid hardly ever gets nervous anymore when she takes the stage.

“I just really enjoy singing,” Reid said. “I am confident enough in myself and that this is what God wants me to do.”

Reid, 13, who has been singing since she was 6, in October won an award from the USA World Showcase competition for Best Original Song by an Unsigned Artist in her age group and now is up for a TV Viewer Award in the American Idol-style singing competition.....

The accolades that adorn her room show that Reid has enjoyed a lot of success with her singing. But Reid and her family were not sure about entering into the Showcase. Reid waited until the last minute before auditioning, which was done over the phone. Singing a cappella into a phone, with her friend looking on and the movie they were watching on hold, Reid sang her song nine times, erasing each one that she felt like she didn’t do right or didn’t like the way it sounded on the playback.

That was in July, and shortly afterwards Reid was selected from thousands to be one of the 175 performers who would take the stage at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for the showcase.....

The competition was held in October. Exhausted after arriving, the first thing that Reid remembers doing was ordering a $17 shrimp cocktail when they got to the hotel. After her three performances the next day, the first thing Reid did was eat McDonalds......

Reid was slated to perform twice, once for her original song “For You” and once for singing “On My Knees.”

On the Internet, Reid performs the latter song but it was her original song “For You” that brought her back for her third performance of the day-long event, which was at the evening’s awards ceremony.

It was there that she was bestowed with her award....

But much like the rest of the music she has written, the singer did not like the song at first.

In fact, the only thing she liked about the song was the chorus.

But last year, working on her own demo, she realized that she needed original works and not just to be singing other people’s songs. With her friends and her mom helping, Reid was able to iron out “For You,” re-writing the verses. At Higher Ground Recording Studio in Oxford, the background music was set to her lyrics and, according to Reid, “It was perfect.” The song talks about how Reid would do anything for God because he sent his son to die for her and that she would tell her friends and the world about Him.
In addition to being the only contestant from Georgia selected for a TV Viewer award, Reid was also the only female performer over the age of 13 that was invited to come back and perform at the awards ceremony....

Reid now hopes to do well in the TV Viewer Award. Although her performance has already aired on the PAX channel, it can still be viewed on the Internet where viewers can vote for Reid until Jan. 7. If Reid is one of the top 25, voting will continue until Jan. 14 to decide the eventual winner....

Thanks, y'all!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )