GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,140
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zolivilittlez29
» Online Users: 1,090
4 members and 1,086 guests
John, navane, Sen's Revenge

Old 02-27-2005, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

From what I've read you seem to know what you want as far as the type of rules, so I will just go on to other aspects of the process. One thing you should consider is checking with your schools History Department. Find someone well versed in Greek humanities. They can help to some degree forming the small stuff that people cherish long after they have graduated and forgotten the RULES, such a motto, crest, RITUAL, etc. They can also help better set in stone these IDEALS that you and you friends are looking for. Don't be afraid to seek help even from a male professor for help with the Ritual. It's not uncommon for a sorority to have a Honorary Member that's male that helped with their founding. I suggest the later as making them an Honorary member will give them a thank you and also the right prospective of keeping the Ritual secret for your sorority. My fraternity's second Honorary member was the ROTC Colonel(this was 1919) that helped create our ritual, coat-of-arms(crest, COFA) and motto. Above all remember this is definately a big step. I know just recolonizing our chapter for us was a big step back in 2001.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-26-2005, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I've done a lot of soul-searching, and a lot...and i mean a lot of research on everything that everyone has told me, and I have essentually come to a conclusion.

Although starting my own sorority would be fabulous, I do see the endless possibilities joining an NPC sorority. I have always wanted to join a sorority and always dreamed of being able to go all over the country and find a sorority sister there. Although maybe one day (in the very distant future) I might have that if my local ever went national, I don't know how much my heart would be into it.

Although my sorority only has 2 NPC sorority (not counting the other national that I dropped out of, that was not NPC or NPHC) I think I'll be able to find my home there. I was hoping that the local that was here waiting to be affiliated would be affiliated by Fall, but I dont think that will happen, so I hope everything works out because by Spring 2006, I might be part of a NPC sorority.

Thank you everyone for all your praise and all your advice...it was great...made me think of my intentions and my priorities! Thanks.