GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,254
1 members and 1,253 guests
ajanessshulze31

Old 02-03-2004, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
a recruitment story... sorta

Alright... I don't get to do this very often nor do I post here that often. But I have a recruitment story... I think.

My boss has a 22 year old sister who recently transferred to Sac State. She is looking to get involved in the greek community there because she wants to meet new people. I offered to give my view on greek life but she hasn't come around yet.

My only thing is that she has about a year and a half left of school. Now Sac State isn't that competitive during Fall, like say Florida. But from stories I have read in the past, older girls tend to get heavily cut during formal recruitment, regardless of their personality. I told her brother that spring COB is a better way to go, but now he is saying she wants to wait until fall to get the full recruitment experience. Now my sorority doesn't participate in formal recruitment and is generally pretty open to older members. I am sure the national groups are too during COB. I just don't want her to get discouraged when/if she goes thru Formal and gets cut from her desired house.

This semester I know of about 3 sororities for sure that are taking girls COB. (There are 9 Panhel total.)

So what advice would you give this eager 22 year old? And how do I sound like I am not trying to give shameless plugs for my group?

For the record, here are the Panhel groups at Sac:
Phi Sigma Sigma
Alpha Phi
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Sigma Kappa
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
then...
Chi Delta
alpha Kappa Delta Phi