GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,106
1 members and 1,105 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 08-11-2003, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Advice to PNAMs from an involved alumna

I (and others) have said this before but I feel it needs some extra emphasis and I would like to add one comment to all PNAM's.

I can understand your hesitancy to reveal who you are pursuing to the whole board, however...........

There are a number of us on this board who are very involved in our GLO's locally and internationally. If you are having trouble getting in touch with a certain GLO that you really desire, please contact us privately and let us help. We have quick and easy ways to get you the information you need without revealing any information about you. We can also contact the AC and inquire on your behalf and can be as discreet as you desire.

I'm sure I echo the sentiments of others on the board, but I hate to see the PNAMs having so much trouble with simply making contact.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:53 PM
cutiepatootie

I really agree with that! I am a recent alum initate and yes i know your hesitancy believe me! I am VP of membership in my alum chapter and if someone asked me for info i would be happy to share about my GLO ( the public stuff that is.....) and who you would need to get in contact with. Your first or last name is not required for if your inquiring for info is just that. I want to help in any way possible. Remember these ladies who are highly involved on this board truly care! we wouldn't be sooooooo concerned if we didn't care about other on here no matter what GLO we all belong too. We , and this is my own opinion , have respect for other GLOS and for each other and i am know i would love to help those because i was once in yoru footsteps not so long ago as a PNAM.

Laura
Old 08-11-2003, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Of course, if you were really nervous about us finding out -- make a throwaway GC account to ask the question.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

What all have said above is so correct!

It is the same with a PNAM as it is with a Frosh going through recruitment! Scared to say who they want for fear of not getting "THE ONE!"

What most do not understand, is that there are a lot of Fantastic People out in the world and a name is not the everything!

A name is a name. The Who People make the Name is what it is!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-12-2003, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

well said smartblondegphib!!! i am also willing to help someone in their ai search!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the perfect example (not brag just fact) -- there are two new Gamma Phis in our sisterhood thanks to GreekChat (Cluey and Houstonchica) and one more should be happening soon

I am willing to help most anyone who contacts me though I will make sure that you pass muster, so to speak....no street walking axe murderers need apply!

AI is a wonderful program and perhaps a permanent thread should be started to list those GC alums who are willing to act as an initial point of contact for PNAMs??? Just a thought....
Old 08-12-2003, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
Quote:
Origanally posted by GPhiBLtColonel

AI is a wonderful program and perhaps a permanent thread should be started to list those GC alums who are willing to act as an initial point of contact for PNAMs??? Just a thought....
Good Point Cele--b/c right now contacts are hit and miss depending who you speak to at the HQ office. In hindsight, a thread like that would have made my initial contacts a lot easier and smoother.

Should the proposed thread be marked important under Cutiepie2000's thread??
Old 08-12-2003, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp-mich24
Good Point Cele--b/c right now contacts are hit and miss depending who you speak to at the HQ office. In hindsight a thread like that would have made my initial contacts a lot easier and smoother.

Should the proposed thread be marked important under Cutiepie2000's thread??
I think so -- how do we get that to happen?
Old 08-12-2003, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepatootie
we wouldn't be sooooooo concerned if we didn't care about other on here no matter what GLO we all belong too. We , and this is my own opinion , have respect for other GLOS and for each other.
This is such a good point! I know that the PNAM's worry about revealing too much for fear of upsetting any potential GLO's. However, I think that we have all learned in this process that what you THINK you want, may not turn out to be where you belong. We all want the PNAM's to be genuinely happy where they go, and whether that turns out to be there first or fifteenth choice, that is GREAT! I agree with all of the above, I LOVE to share my sisterhood with anyone who wants to ask!

aj
Old 08-12-2003, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- we all, really truly, just want every interested AI to find the right home!!! Thanks for bringing attention to this again!!!

I am VERY involved on the International level of my org. If someone needed info on AI, I could get that almost immediately. And I know others here are in similar positions. Don't be afraid to ask in any manner that you are comfortable doing so.

Heather
Old 08-12-2003, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Potential Contact for Alpha Phi

I'm willing to meet with anyone who is interested in alumnae initiation with Alpha Phi . If you're in or near the Greater Vancouver area, feel free to PM me. I'm not a national officer, but I'm very happy to share Alpha Phi with potential candidates!

<soapbox>
I have to say though - that an initial meeting with a member of the chapter shouldn't be interpreted as a guaranteed "in", especially if you're going into Alumnae Initiation as an "unknown" to the chapter. I think this is the mistake that a lot of PNAMs make -- and it's a mistake I made myself in the initial stages.
</soapbox>

Last edited by Sistermadly; 08-12-2003 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

AIs - take advantage of these women! (Well, not like that, you know. ) Like my sisters, GPhi and Panhellenic, have said, there are a lot of GCers who are very involved in their int'l orgs and will be happy to help you - don't be afraid to ask!
Old 08-30-2003, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

bump, to get this back up top
Old 09-03-2003, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

ariesrising,

does this help?

"I try harder, but sometimes I just dont seem to get there"

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-03-2003, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

As far as I know, there is one already that someone started. But I think it got buried somewhere.