GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,867
3 members and 2,864 guests
PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034

Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Yes, he did. Don't feel bad, cheers.
Ya know, christiangirl I don't feel bad, nor do I care because I was called a troll, but yet experienced greekchatters took LowLite's side on another thread, a dumbass who has only 14 posts. And on top of that, instead of looking for an effing job, he post that he now works for Wendy's.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, he did. Don't feel bad, cheers.

But a month later...

If you want people to get their facts straight, maybe YOU should have them straight first.
Yes, I did, but she didn't have to post it all over the board telling people I was unemployed. And maybe you need to mind your own business.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeykiss1974 View Post
Ok, you have a child and a financee to provide for. You need to SERIOUSLY consider taking professional jobs outside of your major (as another GC'er recommended) even if it is entry level or something to just get your foot in the door. Recognize this as a stepping stone - allowing you to gain professional experience, health insurance and pay back student loans. This will give you the feeling that you are contributing to the household, and using your degree in some form or fashion (compared to your current jobs).

It sounds like you have a good woman. Your financee obviously loves you if she's waited over 3 years because most women would not have (yours truly included). Do the right thing by her and just be honest with yourself. As another GC'er stated, dig to see if this is the REAL reason for the hesitation in marriage. If it's not, then getting a job in your field of interest won't help it and the stress of marriage will just amplify it.
I agree with you, which is why I think it would be a mistake getting married right now. Believe me, I am looking, and I have been look outside of what I want to go into. The thing that's holding me back is my experience. I literally have nothing to put on my resume with the exception of:

Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Wendy's
Wal-Mart
Krogers
Painting houses
Midas and I had a few in and out jobs while I was in undergrad.

Last edited by LowLite; 10-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Ya know, christiangirl I don't feel bad, nor do I care because I was called a troll, but yet experienced greekchatters took LowLite's side on another thread, a dumbass who has only 14 posts. And on top of that, instead of looking for an effing job, he post that he now works for Wendy's.
I have way more board experience than you. I haven't posted on GC in a while, like years a while. What's worng with having 14 posts? You had 14 posts at one time, so what's the big deal? And I have been looking for jobs. Mind your own business.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
but yet experienced greekchatters took LowLite's side on another thread
Good lord...how old are you?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

That's not a bad list of jobs to work with. Change your resume to focus on your skills and not your jobs.

I would definitely try to find entry level positions such those offered by Enterprise Rent-A-Car (management trainee positions) or even by management trainee roles offered by Papa Johns or Krogers (especially if you're located in Louisville or Cincinatti). I worked at Krogers as a cashier while in college and that was the ONLY job experience I had too when I graduated.

Also, are you working with your college's alumni office? Inquire about job fairs and recruiter visits (seeing if you can schedule an interview). Contact old professors that you're cool with for leads. No offense, but you've got to work ALL avenues, so unless you live in BFE town of 100 people, there are jobs there for those with a degree (which is just a piece of paper to get you in the door) - you've just go to hustle.

Good Luck. And tell your finance that you're not ready for marriage right now (and the why) so she can make whatever decisions necessary for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLite View Post
I agree with you, which is why I think it would be a mistake getting married right now. Believe me, I am looking, and I have been look outside of what I want to go into. The thing that's holding me back is my experience. I literally have nothing to put on my resume with the exception of:

Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Wendy's
Wal-Mart
Krogers
Painting houses

Last edited by Honeykiss1974; 10-29-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Wendy's
Wal-Mart
Krogers
Painting houses

Those last two and and possibly three actually say a lot. Dude, you have restaurant experience. Restaurants, bars, etc., while not exactly recession proof, tend to still do pretty well in times like these. Go apply to be a waiter or manager or even bus/back. Then after awhile you'll be promoted to bartender if you work hard and are good at it. Then you'll be set. Restaurant work isn't all that bad, and if you work hard at it and pay your dues you can actually get pretty far. And the hours tend to be flexible enough that you could pick up a class or whatever if you are still studying. Seriously, not always the best job, but usually pretty good. You've got the experience, maybe not in what you want to do, but in something that is actually marketable. I would go with that.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
Then after awhile you'll be promoted to bartender if you work hard and are good at it.
I tried telling him to apply for upper management positions, but he chewed me out for whatever reason. One thing I can say though, he worked hard posting his employment problems on greekchat, but instead he got demoted as in "BANNED".
Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I tried telling him to apply for upper management positions, but he chewed me out for whatever reason. One thing I can say though, he worked hard posting his employment problems on greekchat, but instead he got demoted as in "BANNED".
hahaha
Old 10-31-2008, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, I did, but she didn't have to post it all over the board telling people I was unemployed. And maybe you need to mind your own business.
You posted multiple details of your employment and romantic life ON THE INTERNET FOR THE WORLD TO SEE, but I need to mind my own business.

Yeah. Right.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You posted multiple details of your employment and romantic life ON THE INTERNET FOR THE WORLD TO SEE, but I need to mind my own business.

Yeah. Right.
omg!!! lol lol I know, tell me about it.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZG-QxqOg78 <---low lite