GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Lambda Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL all those interested should pledge and find out
Old 06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

What if one is already a Sigma or Zeta and doesn't know because they didn't cross pledge with "the firm?"
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanite_GAMMA View Post
I don't see AKA's doing it, DELTA's either, and so on & so forth.
Old post by a random but there was no reason for Delta (and any org besides the ones involved) to even be mentioned in this thread.

Trying too hard.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

ultimately it comes down to, to each his own, i have a lot of love for my letters and I'm proud to be a part of the firm
Old 06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Old post by a random but there was no reason for Delta (and any org besides the ones involved) to even be mentioned in this thread.

Trying too hard.
Co-sign. I'm surprised at her (old) comment too. As large as SLG is, she should have let her "argument" stand on its own merits rather than try to undercut other organizations.

But yea, this FIRM business gets out of hand sometimes. There are some people on my campus who act like they pledged FIRM rather than their respective organizations

Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

^Why is there an ODPhi talking on here then...

FIRM down here in Arizona is recognized but loosely based. Us Betas and the local Sigmas grip together, the Zetas and Gammas cross pledge, and were always supporting eachothers events.

Nationally tho, SLB and SLG arent everywhere, and so FIRM isnt always known or recognized, as relations may be sour or orgs nonexistant. SLB is only is 26 states right now, which is nowhere near the Sigmas or Zetas reach, and SLG is somewhere around 27.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Why shouldn't he talk on here?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCRATES 1 View Post
^Why is there an ODPhi talking on here then...

FIRM down here in Arizona is recognized but loosely based. Us Betas and the local Sigmas grip together, the Zetas and Gammas cross pledge, and were always supporting eachothers events.

Nationally tho, SLB and SLG arent everywhere, and so FIRM isnt always known or recognized, as relations may be sour or orgs nonexistant. SLB is only is 26 states right now, which is nowhere near the Sigmas or Zetas reach, and SLG is somewhere around 27.
For the same reason Sigmas, Zetas, Betas, Gammas, and an Alpha are posting -- it's a PUBLIC DISCUSSION BOARD.

You're picking some interesting threads to bump

Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Trying too hard.
...sums up my thoughts on this whole topic...can't believe I haven't seen this thread before.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a sister of Sigma Lambda Gamma, i can attest to the idea, and fact that sigma lambda gamma, sigma lambda beta, and phi beta sigma have very similar elements, when it comes to their processes. I can attest to this through my own process, in which i have LB's, and LC's (LC meaning line cousin, since we were pledged together, i.e cross set.) As a result, some details of our processes are shared, since they are part of all three orgs process. I have also, since becoming a sister in Fall 06, witnessed, and pledged, some now sisters of zeta phi beta.

With much respect, it is understandable that this "royal family" relationship is not known by everyone, since every campus that has slg, does not have pbs, zpb, and slb. etc. However, i do ask that people keep open minds.

I kept an open mind when the sigmas at my school were the ones that approached our organization as cousins, since the chapter of phi beta sigma and zeta phi beta did not return to our campus until 2003, 5 years after our chapter of sigma lambda gamma was established...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza Anchor View Post
considering our process is so similar why do ppl question the fact we're related? plus i heard on the east coast theres cross pledging and theres sigmas going to beta pm's so isn't that even more proof and reason to respect the the FIRM?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

If one of my sorority sisters decided to start a new sorority, I would feel absolutely no need to affiliate with that group in any way, shape, or form...let alone share my process with them. I would view that group as a completely separate entity that happened to be founded by one of my sisters--period. Further, if said sister was using any of our practices/procedures to establish the new group, I can guarantee she would be shut down pretty darn quick.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahi3 View Post
I am a sister of Sigma Lambda Gamma, i can attest to the idea, and fact that sigma lambda gamma, sigma lambda beta, and phi beta sigma have very similar elements, when it comes to their processes. I can attest to this through my own process, in which i have LB's, and LC's (LC meaning line cousin, since we were pledged together, i.e cross set.) As a result, some details of our processes are shared, since they are part of all three orgs process. I have also, since becoming a sister in Fall 06, witnessed, and pledged, some now sisters of zeta phi beta.

With much respect, it is understandable that this "royal family" relationship is not known by everyone, since every campus that has slg, does not have pbs, zpb, and slb. etc. However, i do ask that people keep open minds.

I kept an open mind when the sigmas at my school were the ones that approached our organization as cousins, since the chapter of phi beta sigma and zeta phi beta did not return to our campus until 2003, 5 years after our chapter of sigma lambda gamma was established...
lol

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I am new to Zeta, but not to her history. I have never heard about SLB/SLG. I feel that if your founder received permission from Nationals, then SLB/SLG would be widely known throughout Zeta and Sigma. There is no need to be ugly towards my Sorors and Brothers cause WE know nothing of your existence. SLB/SLG is not apart of our history. So instead of being disrespectful, you should pay homage to those who came before you, and basically the beginning of "your existence". So if my brother is your father, then you would be our cousins. So lay off the sarcasm because if there are Soror/Frat supporting you, trust me...it's not because they want to be you because I'm sure IF they did...they would have cross-pledged.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPHIre View Post
So if my brother is your father, then you would be our cousins.
Uhh...wouldn't that make them your nieces and nephews? Just sayin'.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Some people recognize FIRM, others don't. As mentioned before, it depends on how you were educated. I am a sister of SLG (a founder at my school) and I was not taught to recognize Sigmas or Zetas as "cuzzos" but when I first wore my letters on campus, my line sisters and I were approached&welcomed by the blue and white family. I don't think people should push the "connection" onto others, if you like the idea of FIRM than that's great. If you don't, that's also great. To each their own!

Oh, and this is in response to an old post that said we were up to 26 schools. We are now up to 126 chapters now! And that's not including our colonies!