GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,318
2 members and 1,316 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2008, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
My son and all his friends are setting up shop at a local eatery where they can sit on the patio and watch all the lovely girls go by!
Hah- I remember that well. When I was in school, I knew someone with a condo right by Hardin House and that is where we camped out a couple of years.

Good luck to the ladies!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I'm going to the Pi Phi house on Sunday to see a dress rehearsal of the skit! Whee!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
I'm going to the Pi Phi house on Sunday to see a dress rehearsal of the skit! Whee!!!
That is so much fun! I went last Sun. to the Gamma Phi house at TCU to see their skit.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
Good luck, Texas girls! How I wish I could be there to see it. (and I wish our chapter was still there.)
You and me both, Tiny Dancer!

I'm hoping to be updated a lot during this UT FR!
Good luck, everyone, and hook 'em horns!

TEII
Old 08-23-2008, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

UT recruitment

When is bid day? I wrote a rec for a girl going through at U-T and I want to know what their recruitment schedule is.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C. a Pi Phi View Post
When is bid day? I wrote a rec for a girl going through at U-T and I want to know what their recruitment schedule is.

http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/gli..._upc_sched.php

Bid Day is on Tuesday, the 26th.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

My son went to the AXO house last night to watch their skit practice. He said it was all great fun until he went outside and someone had plowed into his car!!!!!!

Of course, no note!!!

So, in the past 2 weeks, my youngest, who had his license exactly one week - got in a wreck, then two days ago, my son's car (the one that got hit last night), was broken into, and now THIS!!!

Oh well, if bad luck comes in 3's we should be in the clear!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srmom1 View Post
My son went to the AXO house last night to watch their skit practice. He said it was all great fun until he went outside and someone had plowed into his car!!!!!!

Of course, no note!!!

So, in the past 2 weeks, my youngest, who had his license exactly one week - got in a wreck, then two days ago, my son's car (the one that got hit last night), was broken into, and now THIS!!!

That's really bad luck, Srmom. I don't know what to say except I hope that it gets better. One year we bought a new car and it was almost totalled when somebody hit it. The insurance company paid to have it fixed, though, and just three months later it was hit again, and really totalled. I was in the car the second time, and I knew it was bad when I saw ugly green stuff pouring out of the engine area. However, the replacement car has never been hit, and its been nearly 5 years. Knock on wood for both of us.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Knock on wood for both of us.
Knocking furiously!!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srmom1 View Post

Of course, no note!!!

But everyone is okay, right? Hope this is the end of your bad luck with cars!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

/hijack

My brother's car was stolen from in front of our house while he was away during his freshman year of college. My mom was in the hospital having back surgery (a week long stay back then) so my dad and I were busy with work/school and heading straight to the hospital every evening. That weekend, my dad and I went to pick up my brother from school and pulled up to our house and my brother says "Where's my car?" Dad and I looked at each other, incredulous. We had no idea how long it had been gone, just that it was sometime that week since mom was in the hospital. We felt awful. They found the car, miles away, completely stripped
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But everyone is okay, right? Hope this is the end of your bad luck with cars!
Yes, he wasn't in the car when it happened - it was a parked car "hit and run"

Thanks, I hope so!!!

Back to UT rush, today's pref and tomorrow is bid day! My son's fraternity is having a big "back to school" party tomorrow night. They get the monopoly on all the girls because the IFC doesn't allow parties that night - but, they aren't in the IFC .
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

spring rush?

does texas do spring rush? i'm considering transferring there and would like to be involved in a sorority so i can get to know girls
Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

emily, Sorry, no, the sororities don't have spring rush. I recommend that if you plan on rushing in the fall, that you meet as many actives as possible this spring, make contacts if you can, it will be a tremendous help next year.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I am an alumna from UT currently serving on our house corp board. I'm not directly involved with recruitment, but have heard from our chapter members and advisors that BIG changes are in the works regarding formal recruitment at UT, especially regarding summer rush. There is to be no summer rushing as has been the tradition forever. I was told that the national president from every NPC organization on campus has signed on to an agreement that there will be no summer rushing at UT. Instead, there will be some sort of information tables or sessions at summer orientation. There is also going to be a sophomore quota. I'll try to find out more details or have someone who knows update this thread. Any Texas greeks out there know any more on this?