GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,426
3 members and 1,423 guests
PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034

Old 10-02-2020, 06:40 AM
GreekChat Member

⬆️ What the hell is wrong with you?? That sounds like a Russian troll. A quick recovery is NOT guaranteed: he is out of shape, definitely overweight, rides a golf cart around and subsists of fast food. Look at Boris Johnson—ended up in the hospital, and he’s younger and more agile than the President.
I certainly do not wish the worst for him, but do NOT come on here spouting nonsense. NO, this is not grounds to “suspend” the election. He’s the King of No-Masking; maybe his prognosis will shock more people into the reality that MASKS ARE NECESSARY—a positive thing.
I’m not sure what you had for breakfast, but don’t EVER eat it again.

AND YOU DON’T SPEAK FOR THE REST OF US—not me, anyway—ever.
Yes, I think we all wish them a quick recovery, but NOBODY is going to sign on for the rest of your BS.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-02-2020, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
⬆️ What the hell is wrong with you?? That sounds like a Russian troll. A quick recovery is NOT guaranteed: he is out of shape, definitely overweight, rides a golf cart around and subsists of fast food. Look at Boris Johnson—ended up in the hospital, and he’s younger and more agile than the President.
I certainly do not wish the worst for him, but do NOT come on here spouting nonsense. NO, this is not grounds to “suspend” the election. He’s the King of No-Masking; maybe his prognosis will shock more people into the reality that MASKS ARE NECESSARY—a positive thing.
I’m not sure what you had for breakfast, but don’t EVER eat it again.

Yes, I think we all wish them a quick recovery, but NOBODY is going to sign on for the rest of your BS.
Yeah based on the readings of this troll's other posts I was thinking the same.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
Yeah based on the readings of this troll's other posts I was thinking the same.
I third that sentiment. While Boris Johnson and Bolsonaro recovered, they were younger and weren't obese. It's also unknown what other medical issues Trump has since he and his minions have been unforthcoming. Rumor is that he does suffer from a metabolic disorder.

Since I still do receive news from Cleveland television and put on their Fox affiliate, they reported that Cleveland Cinic officials asked all of Trump's family members to wear masks during the debate. All refused except Melania.

Expecting the troll to aggressively attack me on this.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

What he's saying is ostensibly true. Everyone who has this thing is "expected" to make a full recovery. The odds are in his favor. He does have some definite areas of concern and considering how he's had a lot of difficulty walking, he may have some areas we're not aware of, but even with that, his chances for a full recovery are probably pretty good.

As for the metabolic condition, I wouldn't put a lot of credence into "rumor is that" reports in or around October of an election year.

But maybe if he has a rough go of it, his supporters will start to wear masks?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-02-2020, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

What he's saying is ostensibly true. Everyone who has this thing is "expected" to make a full recovery. The odds are in his favor. He does have some definite areas of concern and considering how he's had a lot of difficulty walking, he may have some areas we're not aware of, but even with that, his chances for a full recovery are probably pretty good.

As for the metabolic condition, I wouldn't put a lot of credence into "rumor is that" reports in or around October of an election year.

But maybe if he has a rough go of it, his supporters will start to wear masks?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-02-2020, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Of all possible October surprises, this is somehow not one I would have guessed.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

\?
It came from a respected physician who has examined what medical records Trump will release. It's not like I'm quoting Breitbart or AON.

But then again, he claims to be a billionaire who pays millions in taxes, but alas, $750.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
⬆️ What the hell is wrong with you?? That sounds like a Russian troll. * * *

I've seen the OP's other posts and have been thinking the same thing. But would the GRU make the effort to try to influence people on GreekChat? Maybe. Hard to say, but it is possible, since he joined only in Sept 2020 and it is what they do. Another tip off is that he said in an earlier post that English is his second language to obfuscate possible grammatical errors, though he/she writes pretty well. Also the time devoted to the topics (Trump); makes me think that he may be neglecting a job, unless he is doing his job by posting.

Also Ronoldo9 's original post was made at 8:20 am Greenwich Mean Time. So the post was made at 1:20 am (pac); 2:20 am (mt); 3:30 am (cen); 4:20 am (east); and 11:20 am Eastern European Time. Get my point.

Anyway, all this political talk needs to be stopped.

Last edited by PhilTau; 10-02-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTau View Post
I've seen the OP's other posts and have been thinking the same thing. But would the GRU make the effort to try to influence people on GreekChat? Maybe. Hard to say, but it is possible, since he joined only in Sept 2020 and it is what they do. Another tip off is that he said in an earlier post that English is his second language to obfuscate possible grammatical errors, though he/she writes pretty well. Also the time devoted to the topics (Trump); makes me think that he may be neglecting a job, unless he is doing his job by posting.

Anyway, all this political talk needs to be stopped.
While I might not agree with some of your posts, this is something I certainly agree with you on.

One other curiosity I've observed is when you call out a troll they just sort of gloss over it.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9 View Post
* * * he bravely stood in harm's way to lead the country even at risk to himself. All obeisance is owed the President.

Thankfully, * * * and the President remains firmly in control of all the levers of government.* * * recover as quickly and brilliantly as many other great, conservative world leaders who have had this, like President Bolsanaro.

While it is now appropriate to suspend next month's election, * * *
Never seen the word "obeisance" used -- ever. "recover quickly and brilliantly" "great, conservative world leaders" "suspend elections" Anybody buying this?

This is not how any American talks.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTau View Post
Never seen the word "obeisance" used -- ever. "recover quickly and brilliantly" "great, conservative world leaders" "suspend elections" Anybody buying this?

This is not how any American talks.
That's what I've been saying!
Old 10-02-2020, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
That's what I've been saying!
Yeah something seemed off from the jump to me.

I get that many of the posters here will have opinions outside of the sphere of the greek world. But it seems like much of the troll's postings are focused on one singular thing. And just to add it seems like their primary goal is to create additional divisiveness.

While I might not agree with the opinions of each and every poster at any given time, I do find it suspect that they are trying to add gasoline to a dumpster fire.
That's my opinion and I'm not calling an individual out. So take it FWIW, it is what it is.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
And just to add it seems like their primary goal is to create additional divisiveness.

While I might not agree with the opinions of each and every poster at any given time, I do find it suspect that they are trying to add gasoline to a dumpster fire.
I would agree with this, I’ve had my own disagreements and miscommunications on this site but I’ve never felt discouraged from contributing before. Unfortunately that has changed in the past few days.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAnchor View Post
I would agree with this, I’ve had my own disagreements and miscommunications on this site but I’ve never felt discouraged from contributing before. Unfortunately that has changed in the past few days.
I've contacted the Super Admin. Got nowhere.
I agree 100% with your statement. We don't always agree but I've never felt under attack. Particularly since this troll has only been out here for a couple of weeks.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Who else recalls the words "Walter Reed Army Hospital" being used often on the nightly news back in the days when it was a special news event just for the president to enter Reed for his annual physical? Or for those times a former president entered Reed after suffering a major medical event? All my local tv stations are GLUED to the current event of Trump moving into Walter Reed Hospital in D.C. except the local Fox station, whose reporter is questioning the current supposed physical health of Joe Biden.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.