GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,237
1 members and 2,236 guests
Sister Havana

Old 02-01-2002, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Icky Day

So I just need to vent. We lost power last night due to the ice storm. Ok, just load up on blankets. Well, it was still out this morning so I don't have power/heat/hot water. I'm sitting at work and just feel icky because I couldn't take a shower and wash my hair this morning. Sorry, just not the way I wanted to start a Friday...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-01-2002, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

You poor thing. Umm question -- how are you on computer or do you have a special God/electricity connection?

Never mind, I see you are at work.
READING is FUNdamental, LOL.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Aww, I am sorry to hear that!

Back in October the electricity at my school went out 2 days in a row! On the first day the electricity went out at like 2 in the afternoon and was back on by 9pm. The following day the power went out at noon and was not turned back on until about 5 in the morning! Luckily, my big sis lives off-campus, so I stayed with her. The dorms were extremely dark, and yeah, I do not own a flash light!
Old 02-01-2002, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

So I just called the electric company and my estimated repair time is by 11:59 pm tonight. Guess I'll have to find somewhere to shower and hang out tonight. The boyfriend isn't home so that is a bummer
Old 02-01-2002, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

A few years back we had a 100 year ice storm. It was all over the news. We had to pull Entergy workers from all over. It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. However, branches, heavy with ice would snap- cars and roofs were smashd. It sounded like gun shots. Huge branches would fall pulling down power lines as fast as they were repaired. Our electricity was out for 6 or 7 days, I just can't remember for sure. They missed our converter box because we weren't tied into our street but to an older neighborhood (low bid) So, three houses on our street were about the last in the city to be repaired. The first 2 nights were wonderful. We played games by the fireplace and cooked on the pit. Then, we ran out of wood... We smelled so bad and were so cold, I was walking around in my fur and sweats (sorry animal activists) trying to keep warm and nothing seemed to help. When the fast food places opened, about the third day, it wa almost a city wide celebration. No one looked at any other person though. Everyone was so disgusting, it was a mutual courtesy.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

My saving grace may be that I believe I'm on the same box as the police station. I don't care about the heat so much as the shower. I'm also trying to figure out what heck to do with myself tonight (to keep me out of my apartment).
Old 02-01-2002, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
How about the mall? Spring fashions should be out now full force-think summer thoughts - hit the local restaurant (there is always one connected to the mall) and have a margarita - think warm thoughts!!

P.S.- you might want to hit the perfume counter also if you still haven't found a shower. he he - just kiddin
Old 02-01-2002, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

The mall closest to me is kinda scary at night. I tried to call my roommate and let him know what was up. He just changed jobs and I guess that I don't have the right name of the company since they told me he doesn't work there...
Old 02-02-2002, 07:36 AM

Hope you got your power back, Karen.

You folks who are complaining about not having *hot* water if your power goes out... I'm on well water and the well requires electricity to operate... so if the power goes out, I get *no* water.

I remember a power problem we had when I was living on the 16th floor of an apartment building. We lost power... and let me tell you, going up 16 flights of stairs loaded with books and groceries is *not* fun.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
You poor thing. Umm question -- how are you on computer or do you have a special God/electricity connection?

Never mind, I see you are at work.
READING is FUNdamental, LOL.
Hehehe - my power goes out ALL the time at my house, and people always ask me how i can get online...i have laptop so it runs of the battery.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Detroit Edison! The power finally came back on at 9 Saturday night. Now, this is after the woman on the phone Saturday morning tried telling me my power was already back on. A) WHy would I call if my power was on (B) if it was on, why was I standing in the dark and able to see my breath? At any rate, its on, now my cable is out. Murphy's law has taken over!