GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,132
0 members and 2,132 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2002, 12:47 AM

I would just like to say that as a Clinique consultant it makes me feel really good to read all the positive comments regarding the products. It makes me feel proud to work for the company.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Banned

Cool

What's all this fuss about make-up? If you're ugly, you're ugly!

Anyways, whenever I "go out" a little blue eyeshadow and frosty lipstick will do it.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

So I guess I am succumbing to the magnetism of this thread for all girls . So here is what I use:

I swear by plain old Dove soap for my face and body. I believe it's compatible with all skin types.

Follow with Oil Of Olay SPF 15 lotion. *Note* Make sure you apply some kind of SPF every day to your neck and chest area. These areas age faster than facial skin and have an appearance 7 years older than that of the skin on the rest of your body. This is how you can tell if a person has had a facelift, etc. The face will appear youthful while the neck reveals the true age of the skin plus 7 years.

I don't really wear mascara since my eyelashes are already dark and long and I'm pretty sure I look like I'm wearing false lashes a la Tammy Fay when I wear mascara. But I must wear Body Shop's black liquid liner. On the bottom I wear a little smudged Black Kohl penicl liner. DO NOT wear liquid liner under your eyes unless you are a pro. It looks very odd and very "Cabaret"-ish.

I swear by cream rouge on the cheeks or Body Shops blush beads applied on the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin for a natural sun kissed look.

On the lips is plain old Carmex. $1.39.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I am another Clinique fan, won't leave the house without Almost Makeup. I love it because it is so light, and also has SPF 15. I also am a Chapstick, Carmex, Softlips fiend, but was told recently by a dermatologist that plain old vaseline is the best for keeping your lips moisturized and soft. It works great, and I put some on before bed every night. I love Maybelline mascara the best, and think it works even better than more expensive brand names.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Banned

Thumbs down SINCE WERE ON THE TOPIC ON MAKE-UP......

Why do a lot girls wear mascara to dances and parties, when they know they are going to wind up
crying later?
Old 01-22-2002, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by hocnsoc81
Why do a lot girls wear mascara to dances and parties, when they know they are going to wind up
crying later?
Why would a girl expect to cry at a dance or party? I don't think I understand your question.

Do you mean, that for stuff like weddings, etc. where there is a possibility of crying, women should not wear makeup or try to look prettier? That's what waterproof makeup and bathrooms at receptions are for! lol
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 01-25-2002, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: SINCE WERE ON THE TOPIC ON MAKE-UP......

Quote:
Originally posted by hocnsoc81
crying later?
lovelyivy explains it really well. You should try Lancome Eternicils. Lasts FOREVER on me. I can go swimming w/it if I want! However, it's really hard to take off so I have to use Bi-Facils by Lancome to remove it (the only remover that I've tried -- and I've tried many -- that actually removes totally waterproof mascara).

So expensive but very worth it. I've had too many embarrasing instances where I've had black-streaked cheeks after crying.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:48 AM

Thumbs up An Australian Discovery...

While in Australian, I find that North American brands like Cover Girl, Max Factor and Maybelline are quite expensive (for what you get!)

I discovered this brand in Australia, Napolean.
http://www.napoleoncosmetics.com/

The stuff is great, and I think they want to set up shop in North America soon. The quality is like MAC and Napolean himself is a makeup artist, who had a hand is the development and creation of his own makeup line.

Anyhow, I love the stuff and it is wonderful!