GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,311
2 members and 2,309 guests
navane

Old 12-18-2001, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
I love makeup! I swear most of each paycheck goes to Sephora and MAC!

Right now, these are my faves:

* Vincent Longo Lipstick in Topaz
* MAC Paints in Graphitto (this is great layered over MAC Hush eyeshadow)
* Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo in Ooh Aah (great for going out at night!)
* Paula Dorf Foundation (I could not live without this! It's perfect for my skin!)
* MAC Eyeshadow in Vex(a beautiful shimmery highlighter for your browbone)

I could go on and on.....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-18-2001, 04:05 PM

Talking

I finally went ahead and had one of those makeover thingies in the deparment store counter, and now im hooked on:
Estee Lauder Equalizer makeup in Sandy
Estee Lauder lipstick in spice

im just excited that i finally have the perfect foundation shade!
Old 12-18-2001, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
I usually don't wear lipstick, and if i do its a gloss...well yesterday i went out and bought Nars lip lacquer in chastity with a trish mcevoy lip liner #14(a purply color), i love them both..i usually swear by mac lipglass for every day stuff, but this stuff is great!
Old 12-18-2001, 07:57 PM

Boy, to pick only one is tough but I am a total lipstick junkie. I have a thousand of them. Right now my fave is MAC Photo, which is a very dark toffee brown. I also like Clinique Double Truffle. I recently discovered Victoria's Secret makeup and I really dig their lipsticks.....I love Fire and Tainted Love.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

2 Favorites

I love anything clinique or MAC. I love the way the clinique soap makes my face feel. I also love MAC pressed powder. They both make really nice shades for ethnic people like myself.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:39 AM

Cool

I just wanted to ask any of the other asian americans in this board, how do u do your eye makeup? any tips at all? colors, blending techniques, anything!
Old 12-19-2001, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't walk out of the house (now that I don't have color) without Clinique Super Double pressed powder and the gentle mascara. I also use softlips instead of lipstick when it gets cold and dry.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I have no good tricks, but everytime I get a makeover at a store I have to remind the makeup artist that I don't have that "crease"
in my eye. I usually stick with one color at a time.

Quote:
Originally posted by gammazetagrl
I just wanted to ask any of the other asian americans in this board, how do u do your eye makeup? any tips at all? colors, blending techniques, anything!
Old 12-25-2001, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

For my every day, all I do is go to class, I wear Lancome compact with cherry flavored chapstick. Couldn't live without either of those two!
Old 12-26-2001, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate MAC but cannot live without Bobbi Brown or Stila. My current faves:

Eyeshadow: BB Petal, Stila Kitten
Lips: BB Brown Shimmer (been wearing it for years) and Stila Petal Shine
Foundation: Senna custom blend (There are Senna stores in So. Cal. and it is sold at Marshall Field's in Chicago and OH, but you can also check out their web site at www.sennacosmetics.com). They also sell this amazing green stuff to go under your foundation. Really gets rid of the red in the skin. I am also totally adicted to my Anna Sui shimmer for nights on the town.
Eyeliner: BB Steel or any dark brown Senna color
Hair: I love ARTec smoothing shampoo and conditioner and cannot live without Farouk's BioSilk.
Scent: Hanae Mori or Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant (ladies, the men love this one).

After reading this it is difficult for me to believe that I don't wear makeup every day. Guess I am just picky about it when I do. By the way, they sell BeneFit at some Bloomingdales and Nordstroms stores and all Sephora stores. They usually don't carry the whole line though.

Last edited by bruinaphi; 12-28-2001 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lauradav
Scent: Hanae Mori or Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant (ladies, the men love this one).
Finally there is someone else who has heard of Hanae Mori!! Her "Butterfly" is my absolute favorite perfume in the world. I got hooked on it one day as I was walking through Marshall Field's and got handed a sample. I'm very picky about perfume and don't like much, but it smelled so good I had to go back and buy it. I wore it for the first time on my wedding day, so now it always reminds me of that day.
Old 12-26-2001, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

can't pick just one

1) I have blonde eyelashes, so mascara is a must. Maybelline Volum'Express Mascara. Lots of it.

2) I also have really bad skin, acne plus rosacea. I've been on Accutane for about a week now so it should start clearing up soon, but until then I go NOWHERE without Stila foundation (shade A, heh heh for Albino, I'm really pale)

3) If I'm wearing mascara and foundation, then I can't be without lipstick, and the color I wear depends on what I'm wearing. Favorites are Stila lipstick in Wendy, MAC lipstick in Redwood or Twig, Victoria's Secret lipstick in Ruby Slippers or Red Velvet. Stop that laughing, Victoria's Secret makes wonderful makeup...they make this cream-to-powder stuff with an SPF 10 that totally cuts down the red in my face and I'll die if they ever discontinue it.

and always, Neutrogena Moisture and Chapstick Lip Moisturizer, both with an SPF 15.

Wow, I really had to cut that list down. I can't go NEAR a Sephora without spending at least $100, I need to stay away, especially since I have discovered three new fave makeup brands, Bloom, Tony and Tina, and TooFaced. But if I had to buy only one brand for the rest of my life, it would be MAC. If you need a color, they make it. I actually got into them a number of years ago, when I had trouble finding a foundation light enough to wear. Clinique didn't make one and I went to the MAC store on a whim. The rest is history

Going to stop now, for real.
Old 12-27-2001, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Lips: Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm (I dont wear lipstick)- it has peppermint oil in it - love the tingle - and its all natural, no addictions!

Face: Revlon New Complexion Powder & Mattifying Makeup in Sand Beige.

Body: Tom Kitten Cream for Baby from Crabtree & Evelyn - clean, light scent and makes my skin soft soft soft!
Old 12-27-2001, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by volgirl2376
Lips: Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm (I dont wear lipstick)- it has peppermint oil in it - love the tingle - and its all natural, no addictions!
Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm is awesome! I use it during the winter when I'm not wearing lipstick! Great stuff.
Old 12-27-2001, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019

Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm is awesome! I use it during the winter when I'm not wearing lipstick! Great stuff.
I used to get plain old Burts Beeswax Lip Balm, but now I've gotten hooked on the fruity kind...right now I'm into a pot of really yummy smelling Banana Lip Balm by Burt. It's great!