GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,655
2 members and 1,653 guests
flamboyanttree, gatordeltapgh

Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried for a week to pay my daughter's dues. The system wouldn't recognize her social with 3 various zips (home, dorm. chapter house). It wouldn't recognize her email and our common pw. At this point, I was wonderiong if she quit and didn't tell me. Finally, I found a phone number and we discovered that her email was wrong. Someone else has been getting statements etc. I'm sure the treasurer thought both of us were thick. She kept emailing these simple instructions and we kept saying we couldn't figure it out. I hope it all gets straightened out. I paid using the incorrect email after speaking to them on the phone. I have never seen an invoice or receipt. They are going to an email address that is one letter off.

Last edited by ZTA zetahunny; 01-28-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added a little at the end
Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

What really bugs me about Bill Highway is that there's no way to override a charge once it's been submitted. Using two examples from my chapter: one sister missed an informal recruitment event and was fined. The even that she missed carried a $25 fine, but the treasurer accidentally keyed it in as a formal recruitment event, and it came to a $100 fine. She protested the fine, but all we could do was pay her back the $75.

In another case, a sister's bank account was hacked into, and she had a good deal of money stolen from her account at the same time a payment was due. We couldn't override or delay it, and she ended up having to pay late fees because there was no way she could pay by the due date. (I keep saying 'we' because I was on executive council during the times these issues came up). It might be great for the treasurer, but it's a real pain for the other members.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
thanks to all your responses. our international office emailed me and indeed bill highway still sends a monthly invoice, even if the bill is paid in full-i find that annoying!!

maybe if enough parents complain from enough groups using bill highway they, will change it. fingers crossed!
Having never seen them, is it possible these are statements? Many vendors send out monthly statements that look like invoices. Especially when there is a credit on the account. And some vendors may do so even if there is a zero balance and/or no activity.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Any more recent experiences with BillHighway, either from the treasurer's perspective or the payee's perspective?
Old 10-10-2016, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't give the payer or treasurer perspective, but I'm quite familiar with it from a chapter management perspective. What are you seeking to know?
Old 10-10-2016, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a great perspective, too. Did it make chapter management easier or more challenging? What kind of functionality does it provide for chapter management?
Old 10-10-2016, 08:02 PM

I am familiar with it from a chapter management (regional volunteer working with chapters) perspective.

Sigma has been using it since 2009.

I find that most advisors think that it makes management easier.

Deposits are direct to the chapter account, Recruitment Directors/VPs of Recruitment can be issued a prepaid credit card with recruitment budget, rather than waiting to be reimbursed, records are better kept in terms of who still owes what, etc.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm familiar from the payee perspective since my daughter's chapter used it. It was convenient for me to pay her chapter dues using it. She had to pay for her own t-shirts, formal tickets, etc. It was nice for both of us to be able the account to take care of it! I liked it
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 AM

I am extremely familiar with Billhighway from all perspectives. Alpha Phi chapter's have been using it since 2012.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I am familiar with it from a chapter management (regional volunteer working with chapters) perspective.

Sigma has been using it since 2009.

I find that most advisors think that it makes management easier.

Deposits are direct to the chapter account, Recruitment Directors/VPs of Recruitment can be issued a prepaid credit card with recruitment budget, rather than waiting to be reimbursed, records are better kept in terms of who still owes what, etc.
Same here, I'm the financial adviser for two chapters and I like BH - I can get in there and run reports to keep track of things and pull information out that I need to work on budgets and various forms as well as approve checks and prepaid card load requests.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

From a chapter management perspective, it's a great way to get a quick view of how chapters are spending their money - or not spending it (which often has a direct correlation with areas of chapter life and health). Getting an eye view of collections can often signal issues with member engagement/retention early on.

The reporting functions are great - but it does require a bit of training (or knowledge of accounting systems) to harness that power.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
We are using billhighway at Old Dominion. It can be a PITA. I also used it to pay my goddaughter's Chi O dues at her school too