GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,184
0 members and 2,184 guests
No Members online

Old 08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Questions about Rushing

So I am considering pledging this fall but I am really nervous, I am not going to lie. I try and be nice to everyone but for some reason a lot of people dislike me without me even saying a word and I don't know why. I am not to unattractive and I think it is because I don't really know how to assert myself and be ultra friendly because I am so used to being judged and shunned. Any advice on what I can do to change that before rush week?
And also, what kind of things should I wear to rush? Our rush is set up so we are spending 15 to 45 minutes with one Sorority before going to the next and I have no idea what to wear, any one have advice for something for Chapter Introduction night?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer1993 View Post
So I am considering pledging this fall but I am really nervous, I am not going to lie. I try and be nice to everyone but for some reason a lot of people dislike me without me even saying a word and I don't know why. I am not to unattractive and I think it is because I don't really know how to assert myself and be ultra friendly because I am so used to being judged and shunned. Any advice on what I can do to change that before rush week?
And also, what kind of things should I wear to rush? Our rush is set up so we are spending 15 to 45 minutes with one Sorority before going to the next and I have no idea what to wear, any one have advice for something for Chapter Introduction night?
Does your school's Panhellenic Council have a website?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah but there is not any information on that and I don't know if it would be looked down upon if I contact them and ask more about rush.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah but there is not any information on that and I don't know if it would be looked down upon if I contact them and ask more about rush.
This is not frowned upon. That's what Panhellenic is there for. They want you to ask questions so you'll be prepared.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay and I just looked at the Schedule for rush week, what kind of dress would be used for "partially structured recruitment?"
Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Okay and I just looked at the Schedule for rush week, what kind of dress would be used for "partially structured recruitment?"
Every school has different dress requirements (some schools have dressier recruitments too). Panhellenic would know better than we would. Most schools have some sort of recruitment guidebook or website with "what to wear" suggestions. You could call and ask them to direct you to that.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Spend some time reading the threads here. Use the search button or look at the links below. You can get many answers, or find out where to find those answers, by doing some reading.

We don't know your school, so we don't know the environment, weather, schedule, etc. The Office of Greek Life, and women from your school, are the BEST places to get school-specific info.