GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 743
1 members and 742 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-05-2000, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Post wheres allll the guys?

Hey i want to know something. Wheres all the "frat" guys on this board. I think us women have taken over..Hehe!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2000, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Heather- please excuse me if I jump into over bearing mode for just a second, but I have been reading your posts and honestly they come off as very superficial. There's way more to being part of a sorority more to college and life! than "Hot Guys", "Getting Drunk", and "Partying". As a matter of fact, you aren't even college yet, judging from you name you are not even of legal drinking age, and you are already obsessed with men and partying? There is SOOOOO much more to life. You need to grow up a little before you get to college in the fall, or you are going to party so hard that you won't be there very long! Just my $.02

ZetaAce
Old 08-05-2000, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eli
Exclamation

Id agree with Zeta Ace.... Learn what you can handle before you do anything drastic. I party too, but in moderation (I guess Im like a permanate DD which sucks sometimes). What I do outside of class does not effect my GPA. Never lose sight of why you are at college. You are not at college to party, you are not at college to join a fraternity or a sorority. In fact, unless you can handle your classes already, I would discourage you or anyone from joining a GLO, as it would hurt you academically.

Easy E www.angelfire.com/va2/gammachi
Old 08-06-2000, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

while, I do agree with the previous two post, We should realize she is still young and that this is something she must learn on her own. When alot of people ar just getting out of high school they view life as one big party, and it just takes a little while for reality to set in.

Let her enjoy her time now and she will learn, like we all have about the facts of life
Old 08-06-2000, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Hey heather, do you mind if I ask what school you're going to this fall?
Old 08-06-2000, 04:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

UCA UNVIRSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Old 08-06-2000, 06:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that the best thing I can say is that you need to take into consideration the reputation you will create for yourself at the school you will spend the next 4 to 5 (maybe even more) years LIVING at, and at the place you will make a HUGE amount of future business/career contacts.

You never know who silently monitors these boards. You don't want to walk into a situation (let's say, find a sorority you really want to join) and have the sisters saying "Oh, yeah, I remember her from that message board, she is definately not XYZ material for whatever reason," before they even got a chance to meet you.

Yes, partying and drinking and men are a big part of the fun part of college and we are all aware of this and we all take advantage of this. However, many of us are aware that we must balance our "partying" and "fun" side with our professional side so that we may have respect from our peers and future colleagues.

We treat this message board in much the same way. There are plenty of silly posts but they are balanced.

If you sound young and immature, people will treat you as such and not take you seriously.
Old 08-07-2000, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I totally agree with you, Asia2000. I have alot of maturing to do before i get in college.
Old 08-09-2000, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

heatherh1981, I'm glad you realize you have a lot of maturing to do before college. I was born in '81 too-graduated from high school in '99, and was more mature than you come off as. Maybe its just because its typed and not spoken, but your posts always make me wonder where your head is. All your posts I've ever seen talk mostly about boys, booze, and parties. And altough those are fun, they need to be in serious moderation. I drink, I party, and I date. But I'm in school to get an education, not find a husband or build up my tolerance. And if this is all you think is sororities are about, PLEASE reconsider why you are rushing. And remember that sororities do not allow their members to act in ways that are below the standards of their org. They won't tolerate it. And reputations can precede you and they're hard to erase. Just my humble opinion.
Old 08-10-2000, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Well said
Old 08-10-2000, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

siuagd,

leave heather alone! if you were more mature than her when you graduated high school, then good for you. everyone's different and you don't know what her life experience prior to coming on these boards was. i've talked to heather off these boards and she is a very intelligent young lady. she may not come off as being the deepest individual on these boards, but she's speaking her mind, is very excited about college and NO ONE here, including myself *who has criticized her in the past but has since realized the err of my ways and reconciled with her* should take away her joy of coming to college.

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-10-2000, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Etienne - You go girl!

I think a lot of us thought/acted the same way when we were just leaving high school. Let the girl have her fun! In a few short years she's going to be graduating college and entering the real world just like the rest of us and this kind of thing will all be in the past.

Plus...sure they might be a little superficial sometimes, but hey...we all are superficial once in a while...and we all have fun responding to her posts and others like them, don't we?
Old 08-10-2000, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

etienneSAI and heatherh1981,
I didn't mean to come off as snotty, and I'm sorry if I did, it is so hard to get meanings without hearing the tones of people's voices. As I said in my second post, maybe joining a sorority will be a good experience for heatherh1981, as she will learn things that maybe she doesn't know about right now, and her sisters will help her grow and mature. And you are correct, I don't know a thing about her prior life experiences, but even after everyone else's posts, she was still posting (how do I say it delicately) 'silly' posts. I in no way want to reduce her excitement of coming to college(I was excited as anyone could be), but I guess I wanted her to be realistic about it, and just did not voice it in a very considerate way. I just know that if I was rushing a girl and all she talked about was boys, booze, and parties, she'd be off my house's list faster than I don't know what, and if she's excited enough about rushing, I don't want her to get nixed because she says something wrong during rush. I would love every girl who's interested to rush and I hope they get the same thing out of a sorority that I have gotten out of mine, but they have to get in one before they can.
Once again, my apologies, SIUAGD
Old 08-11-2000, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Thnaks, blu_theatics. I just get tired of reading her posts. I tried to ignore them, but they just keep coming. I know that's she's young and I think that's why they especially annoy me because I'm the same age as her,(although I think she's a year behind me in school), and I never acted like that. She seems more like a girl getting ready for high school than a girl getting ready for college. Hopefully, she takes our posts as a kind of 'advice'. Maybe rushing a sorority would help her mature and do things in moderation, but if all she talk about at rush parties are the same things she talks about here, its going to be a short rush for her.Once again, just my humble opinion.
Old 08-11-2000, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, in response to heather's question, it is rather odd that these forums have a great majority of women. Why is that? Is it that men just aren't into internet message boards as much as women? In all honesty, I, too, would like to see more men on this board. Diversify the pool, get some new viewpoints, ya know?