GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,268
0 members and 1,268 guests
No Members online

Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
No one here believes a fraternity would send a letter like this. It isn't done unless you have some kind of local doing their own thing there. The only letter I can see someone sending you is a cease and desist if you're being even 10% as annoying, repetitive and obtuse as you are being here. It certainly isn't rush season and hasn't been for a while, so this shows me you've been pursuing this for quite some time.
To the bolded: IFC spring rush is actually happening now at many colleges. By now, I mean the start of the college's spring/winter semester/term.

And yeah, I have never heard of any NIC/IFC chapter sending this type of letter.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysammy225 View Post
I have to again state this, the fraternity wrote a letter and stapled it to his door in the dorms. It read "we reject you, we do not want any motherf***ing retards in our frat. dont dare showing your face. you do we will kick the s*** out of you go f****ing die. go sit in your special ed classes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
If there was something on your dorm room door, that is not an official letter of rejection. That was people being mean. If such a mean letter on your dorm room door does exist, forward it to Greek Life/the national body of the fraternity for further investigation. That does not mean you will then be accepted by the fraternity but it means that the fraternity will be investigated and possibly punished.
^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Five. If you sincerely were concerned about discrimination, why would you consult strangers on the internet instead of complain to your school? Obviously, it is a student organization so why not complain to the office of student life or whatever it is on your campus. They could investigate and get more facts than strangers on the internet could any day and actually act on them.
^^ And this.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
My mind ---> your fingertips

Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure your school newspaper would love to see that letter and do a story on it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What seriously? How stupid is this forum? ada and brown v. board would be some of the laws that are against discrimination? who doesn't know that there are laws against discrimination?
The person you are calling stupid is actually on the Bar of the Supreme Court. So I think he would have a general idea what he is talking about.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
you act as if you know something personal yet i see no presented evidence.

perhaps the belligerent answers are because the individuals themselves have a personal hatred of minorities, women or anyone with any disabilities and any question as to whether their own discriminatory actions are wrong responds with completely ignorant answers of "any organization and business can discriminate against anyone"

because they bullied the person? their behavior? because they admitted it?

i am just amused by how many people here are supportive of discrimination of all kinds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
How stupid are you? First of all, you were typing to an attorney. Second of all, you are the one who claims exclusion on the basis of discrimination.

If you are going to be all dumb and psycho over your rejection, at least use this as an opportunity to learn more about Greekdom. If you acted then as you are acting now, I can see how your rejection was well-founded.
Come on, DrPhil, you know you hate women and minorities. Just admit it.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
The person you are calling stupid is actually on the Bar of the Supreme Court. So I think he would have a general idea what he is talking about.
And don't forget, he is the Chief Justice of Greek Chat!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
To the bolded: IFC spring rush is actually happening now at many colleges. By now, I mean the start of the college's spring/winter semester/term.

And yeah, I have never heard of any NIC/IFC chapter sending this type of letter.
Do you really think there's been time in this semester to conduct rush, hand out bids, and leave notes on someone's door because he's had enough time to annoy all of you because he's making an ass of himself? Your schools must start very early!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Court will come to order.

Quote:
What seriously? How stupid is this forum? ada and brown v. board would be some of the laws that are against discrimination? who doesn't know that there are laws against discrimination?
Okay, first off: Brown v. Board of Education (which is a case, not a "law") or any other case that is based on constitutional rights only applies to the government (state or federal). Only the government is bound by the Constitution, so only the government can violate someone's constitutional rights. Public school. Yep. Private organization. Nope.

So, if you're dealing with a private organization, you've got to find some other law that says a private organization cannot discriminate against you for whatever specific reason. The ADA won't get you where you need to be: It prohibits discrimination in employment and discrimination by public entities (schools, government offices, public transportation, public parks, etc.), public accomodations (hotels) and commercial facilites (restaurants, stores, movie theaters, etc.). It does not apply to membership in private organizations.

And by the way, asserting (correctly) that the situation you've described doesn't violate the laws you think it does does not equate to being "supportive of discrimination of all kinds." This forum is not that stupid.

Last edited by MysticCat; 01-12-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typos fixed
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Do you really think there's been time in this semester to conduct rush, hand out bids, and leave notes on someone's door because he's had enough time to annoy all of you because he's making an ass of himself? Your schools must start very early!
It is possible with good planning! My alma mater has spring informal this week for both sororities & fraternities. Monday was the first day back from break. My chapter had functions Monday & Tuesday evening. We gave out bids Tuesday and yesterday and filled all of our spots. I cant speak on rationale for the fraternities, but most of the sororities on campus will hold functions immediately upon returning to campus in order to remain competitive and to recruit the most desired PNMs before someone else does.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
And don't forget, he is the Chief Justice of Greek Chat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Court will come to order.

Okay, first off: Brown v. Board of Education (which is a case, not a "law") or any other case that it based constitutional rights only applies to the government (state or federal). Only the government is bound by the Constitution, so only the government can violate someone's constitutional rights. Public school. Yep. Private organization. Nope.

So, if you're dealing with a private organization, you've got to find some other law that says a private organization cannot discriminate against you for whatever specific reason. The ADA won't get you where you need to be: It prohibits discrimination in employment and discrimination by public entities (schools, government offices, public transportation, public parks, etc.), public accomodations (hotels) and commercial facilites (restaurants, stores, movie theaters, etc.). It does not apply to membership in private organizations.

And by the way, asserting (correctly) that the situation you've described doesn't violate the laws you think it does does not equate to being "supportive of discrimination of all kinds." This forum is not that stupid.
*Doink Doink*
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

How did I miss this?

Sammy, legalities aside (and legally, you have zero case, so shut up about that).

When you claim you went on some sort of letter-writing campaign, come on dude, that's just desperate and pathetic looking. Stop it.

We're private organizations with private selection criteria. You're not changing anyone's mind here or probably anywhere else. Go join some student organizations or something.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have to again state this, the fraternity wrote a letter and stapled it to his door in the dorms. It read "we reject you, we do not want any motherf***ing retards in our frat. dont dare showing your face. you do we will kick the s*** out of you go f****ing die. go sit in your special ed classes"
Absolutely never happened.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTD Alum View Post
Absolutely never happened.
I think perhaps one of his other personalities wrote it. We've seen the OP, his friend, and some law student already.