GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,547
2 members and 1,545 guests
indygphib

Old 11-27-2003, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to krystle
Binders?

Okay, so next semester, I'll be getting a little sister

And I'm already getting ready for it. It's kind of sick. Lol....but ANYWAYS....I was just wondering if anyone made binders for their little's to bring to meetings and shiz like that...I know I got one from my Big and I absolutely LOVE it...

And if you do do them, what are the kind of things that you put in? Any poems, quotes? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LITP :-*
Old 11-27-2003, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
Our SDC makes binders for all the new members. She puts in our local and national constitution. dresscode, point system, calendar, roster, meet the sisters (it is a booklet with a page for each sister with her interests and her picute so the new member can make a connection with the actives) and other things (varies each semester. for example some SDC's have put in note cards, pens, highligthers, and song books).

then the binders are decorated. They take fabric, cut out phi sig letters, and glue them on. Either the SDC does it for them or they can do it them selves if they want.

I think the poem and quotes are a great idea!! Sounds like you are going to be an awesome sapphire sister.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I never heard of doing this... It's a really good idea!!! Thanks for bringing it up!

diokete hupsala
Old 01-07-2004, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
We recently started doing that to all the actives but the SDC made special ones for the new members in order for them to get acquainted with the history and other contact information.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Binder from my Big

I know this thread is rather old but I wanted to post the binder that my Big made for me. In our sorority (Phi Sig - Zeta Zeta) all the new Bigs make their new Littles a binder that they can use in chapter and for memories, etc.

My Big went all out for mine and I love it so I just have to share!

This is the front cover

The first page of my binder is a letter from my big to me with advice on many different things, inside jokes, and basically the sweetest things in the world. She put a bunch of 3D stickers of things we have in common, and again inside jokes haha.

Every big gives her little a nickname and this was mine. Usually a Family will have a theme and ours is Disney characters.

Here is what she wrote:
As Genetic Experiment 626, we know that you can sometimes get a little out of hand, but everyone knows you mean well. The most important thing in your life is family, and as your family we will always be here for you.

"Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten."

Each family has a name. We are the Classy Family and this is our immediate tree.

These pages are pictures from Bid Day with me running in, our pledge class, the whole sorority, and Jess and I with our Rose-buddies (like a big sister that you have from bid day until you get your real big. most people continue to refer to each other as rosebuddies even after big/little matching)

These pages are from Big/Little Reveal and the decorations in my room.

These pages are from our Sapphire Ball (Formal 2010)

My big put a bunch of colorful pages in the back to take notes on during chapter.

My big put a bunch of really cute quotes relating to sisterhood, college, etc.

And finally the side of the binder

Hope you enjoy and that these help anyone making a binder for their little!
I loved getting mine and I love looking through it. It also really does come in handy for chapter!

LITP
Lyndsey
"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return. Well I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you."
Old 07-13-2010, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
/swerve

CUTE!!

/swerve
Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
/swerve

CUTE!!

/swerve

Ditto.

Want.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Awww, that's really cute! Thanks for taking the pictures to show us!

We didn't have that when I was a NM... Totally jealous now!

diokete hupsala
Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

You are all so sweet =] I will have to let my big know that she did such an excellent job!

I cannot wait to get my own little (crossing my fingers it happens this spring) so that I can make her a beautiful binder, hugs and kisses blanket, and lots of handmade crafts and presents.
"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return. Well I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you."