GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,191
1 members and 1,190 guests
Low D Flat

Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I just received this one...

My name is Abdul Nasser Sokariah and I am writing you from Syria, I choose to contact you directly as I need a reliable person to trust who can help me handle my huge deposit with a vault company in EUROPE, and based on my present situation in Syria, I need you urgently to take possession of everything and further modalities/directives will follow. Email: sokariaha@yahoo.com.hk

I wait for your response.

Yours truly,
Abdul Nasser Sokariah

Being the smartass that I am, I responded that "I'm sorry I am a Nigerian Prince whose accounts have been frozen by the evil government of Nigeria."
Old 05-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Short sweet, to the point without using UN, FBI or some dead President:

Good Day,

This is based on blind trust hoping you can be trusted. I have Two Hundred Million United States Dollars for Charity projects and you will get 20% of the total sum if interested.

Regards,
Mr. William Billington
Old 08-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Got a new one:
INTERNATIONAL POLICE ASSOCIATION UNITED STATES (IPA)
Region No. 2 Knickerbockers Station
New York City,New York 10002-0804 USA.

The office of the International Police association (IPA) hereby write to inform you that we caught a diplomat, Mrs. Vernon Wallace at John F. Kennedy International airport (JFK) in New York with a consignment box filled with United State Dollars. Based on our interrogation,she was sent by a payment director from Africa (Nigeria) for your delivery. She said that her first transit in the state was at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International airport Ohio and interrogation is still ongoing. She is in detention until we conclude a proper investigation on how this huge sum of money is yours then she will be released to complete your delivery. Before her release,you are to prove and reassure us that the money you are about to receive is legal by sending the award ownership certificate.

Furthermore,the award Ownership certificate must be secured from the office of the Senate President of Nigeria because it is responsible for the issuance of the original copy since it originated from there. Be assured that your funds will be sent safely to you as soon as we receive the certificate.

You are therefore advised to contact Mr. Paul Davidson Omoforo the sender of the diplomat to assist you secure the certificate if you do not have it.

Below is Mr. Paul Omoforo contact

Name: Mr. Paul Davidson Omoforo
Email: ******.com

Note: You are given seven (7) working days from today to forward the award ownership certificate for verification purpose and scrutiny. We will contact you again once there is no response after three working days.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Mr. Douglas King.
I.P.A Region NO:2
DCP. Douglas H. King
Old 08-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sir/Madam,

Mozilla Firefox which has over 450 Million users all over the world and as a part of our commitment to reward our products users, we recently conducted an online draw for all users of our product.

We are delighted to inform you that your E-mail Address has won you (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds only) GBP750,000 in the Mozilla Firefox Online Promotional Draw.

To claim the prize, email us only for confirmation at: mywin@mailbox.sk

Congratulations, while expecting your confirmation

Yours faithfully,

Ms. Lilian Cruz.
For: Mozilla Firefox Online Promo Team
Mozilla Foundation C 2014 English (UK)
Wohooo!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Winner winner chicken dinner!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Customer Service
Fifth Third Bank (****@533.com)
Add to contacts
Attachment
10/21/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: *****@53.com
*****@533.com
Outlook.com Active View
1 attachment (45.0 KB)
Download 53.com.html (45.0 KB)
53.com.html
Download
Download as zip

Dear Fifth Third Bank Customer,

Please spend some of your time to download and complete this S.A.F.e
act.form imposed by the new Federal Reserve banking regulations.

1 Downloads the attachment provided by our Security Team.

2 Open the attached file (in your Web Browser) and fill in the required
fields.

Sincerely,
Fifth third? What happened to the first, second, wait, I'm confused!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Really I can't follow his instructions!

Dear Friend, I am the manager in the Bill and Exchange department of Society General of banks in Burkina Faso (SGBB) here in Ouagadougou the capital city of Burkina Faso. in my department we discovered an abandoned sum of us$10.5m (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand us Dollars) in account that belong to the SGBB bank deceased customer who died with his entire family along with his suppose next of kin in a plane crashed so therefore, I need your assistance to enable the money transfer into comfortable nominated bank account. If you are interested for both of us to associate in partnership, you should kindly get back to me for more information it we take us 7 to 10 before you can receive this fund if really you can follow my instructions.

Truly Yours,

Mr Waraka KOKO. (SGBB).
Old 05-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

U.S AMBASSADOR TO NIGERIA
WINFIELD HOUSE
MINISTER PLENIPOTENTIARY TO THE COURT OF ST. JAMES'S

AMBASSADOR JAMES F. ENTWISTLE
CELL PHONE: +234 70315 10228

EMAIL----{ james_ambassador2@yahoo.co.uk }

ATTENTION,

AFTER AN OFFICIAL MEETING HELD WITH THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND MINISTER OF FINANCE CONCERNING UNPAID AND UNCLAIMED FUNDS TO FOREIGN BENEFICIARIES, JUST LIKE YOU. I WAS VERY MUCH ANNOYED WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT YOU PAID MUCH MONEY YET YOU NEVER RECEIVE YOUR FUNDS.THAT IS WHY I DECIDED TO HELP YOU.

I SHALL BE COMING TO YOUR COUNTRY FOR AN OFFICIAL MEETING AND I WILL BE BRINGING YOUR ATM CARD WORTH THE $950,000 USD ALONG WITH ME THROUGH UNITED STATES DIPLOMATIC MISSION TO YOUR COUNTRY.

BUT THIS TIME I WILL NOT GO THROUGH CUSTOMS BECAUSE AS AN USA AMBASSADOR TO NIGERIA, I AM A USA GOVERNMENT AGENT AND I HAVE THE VETO POWER NOT TO GO THROUGH CUSTOMS.

AS SOON AS I AM THROUGH WITH THE MEETING I SHALL THEN PROCEED TO YOUR HOME..(SEND YOUR INFORMATION:

1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. CELL PHONE NUMBER
3. ADDRESS WHERE YOU WANT ME TO BRING THE PACKAGE).

YOU HAVE REALLY PAID SO MUCH IN THIS DELIVERY THAT MAKES ME WONDER. YOU ARE A VERY LUCKY PERSON BECAUSE I SHALL BE BRINGING IT MYSELF AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

YOUR ATM VISA CARD WORTH THE SUM OF ($950,000 USD) MUST BE REGISTERED AS AN AMBASSADORIAL PACKAGE FOR ME TO DEFEAT ALL ODDS AND THE COST OF REGISTERING IT IS $255.

THE FEE MUST BE PAID IN THE NEXT 50 HOURS VIA WESTERN UNION SO THAT ALL NECESSARY ARRANGEMENT CAN BE MADE BEFORE TIME WILL BE AGAINST US.
SEND THE FEE VIA MONEY GRAM OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER:

RECEIVER'S NAME: OKEKE OBUM
ADDRESS: LAGOS, NIGERIA
AMOUNT: $255
TEST QUESTION: JESUS
ANSWER: SON OF GOD

AS SOON AS YOU SEND THE FEE MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME THE PAYMENT INFORMATION. I SHALL TELL YOU MY FLIGHT SCHEDULE.PLEASE GO THROUGH MY WEBSITE AND READ BIOGRAPHY:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/biography.html

MY FLIGHT IS FRIDAY AND I EXPECT YOU TO COMPLY BEFORE THEN SO THAT THE DELIVERY CAN BE COMPLETED. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY, THEN IT WILL NOT BE MY FAULT IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE EMAIL ME AT U.S AMBASSADOR TO NIGERIA

AMBASSADOR JAMES F. ENTWISTLE
CELL PHONE: +234 70315 10228

EMAIL----{ james_ambassador2@yahoo.co.uk }

Got a US ambassador tying to give me money
Old 05-21-2015, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

These always crack me up by how absurd they are. I didn't get an e-mail with monies being offered but I got a call on my voicemail from one of those robo-callers saying I'm being sued by the "Internal Revenue Services" and I needed to call back ASAP.

Just for giggles I decided to call the number back and blocked my phone number in case they had caller ID. I asked the person "Edward" from the "IRS" and he confirmed they in fact were suing me but asked for my name to pull up my file. I refused to provide my name, and then said if you're going to sue me then you should send something in writing, he then asked for my address which I refused. I then asked to be taken off the call list when Edward played ignorant and then suddenly hung up.

I went to the real IRS website and reported the phone number and the scam.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

From: Federal bureau of investigation (....@fbi.gov) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.
Sent: Tue 5/26/15 11:25 AM
To:

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Federal bureau of investigation
J. Edgar Hoover building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
Ref: FBI/DC/09/15.

Attention: Fund Beneficiary,

This is an official advice from the FBI foreign remittance/telegraphic dept. it has come to our notice that bank of Nigeria has released US$10,500,000.00 U.S dollars into bank of America in your name as the beneficiary, by Inheritance means. The bank of Nigeria knowing fully well that they do not have enough facilities to affect this payment from the United Kingdom to your account, used what we know as a secret diplomatic transit payment (S.T.D.P) to pay this fund through wire transfer, they used this means to complete the payment.

They are still waiting for confirmation from you on the already transferred funds, which were made in direct transfer so that they can do final crediting to your account. Secret diplomatic payments are not made unless the funds are related to terrorist activities why must your payment be made in secret transfer, if your transaction is legitimate, if you are not a terrorist, then why did you not receive the money directly into your account? This is a pure coded means of payment which we have had in the past has always been related to terrorist acts, we do not want you to get into trouble as soon as these funds reflect in your account, so it is our duty as a worldwide commission to correct this little problem before this fund will be credited into your personal account.

Due to the increased difficulty and unnecessary scrutiny by the UK/USA authorities when funds come from outside of America, and the Middle East, the F.B.I crime commission has stopped the transfer on its way to deliver payment of US$10.500.00 through a secured diplomatic transit, account (S.D.T.A). We govern and oversee funds Transfer for the World Bank and the rest of the world. We advice you contact us immediately, as the funds have been stopped and are being held in our custody until you can be able to provide us with a diplomatic immunity seal of transfer (dist) within 3 days from the world local bank that authorize the transfer to certify that the funds that you are about to receive from Nigeria are terrorist/drug free else we shall have cause to cross and impound the payment, however, we shall release the funds immediately we receive this legal documents.

We have decided to contact you directly to acquire the proper verifications and proof from you to show that you are the rightful person to receive this fund, because of the amount involved, we want to make sure that the legitimacy of the fund you are about to receive is not in doubt whatsoever. Note!! The fund is in the Bank of America right now, but we have ask them not to credit the fund to you yet, because we need a solid proof and verifications from you before releasing the funds, to this regards, you are to re-assure and proof to us that what you are about to receive is clean and legitimate by sending to us FBI Identification Record and also Diplomatic Immunity Seal Of Transfer (DIST) to certify that the fund is not for terrorism/money laundering. You are to forward the documents to us immediately if you have it in your possession, if you do not have it, let us know so that we can direct you where to get it.

These Documents are to be issued to you from the World Local Bank that Authorized the transfer, so get back to us immediately if you dont have the document so that we will inform you the particular place to obtain the document because we have come to realize that the fund was Authorized by the bank that initialized the transfer Identification Record and Diplomatic Immunity Seal Of Transfer (DIST) often referred to as a Criminal History Record or Rap Sheet, is a listing of certain information taken from fingerprint submissions retained by the FBI in connection with arrests and, in some instances, federal employment, Naturalization or military service. These conditions is Valid until 31st of JULY 2015 after we shall take actions on canceling the payment and then charge you for illegally moving funds out of Nigeria.<

Guarantee: funds will be released on confirmation of the document.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final instruction:
60fCredit payment instruction: irrevocable credit guarantee
61eBeneficiary has full power when validation is cleared
62 Beneficiaries bank in USA/outside can only release funds-
62 Upon confirmation from the world bank/united nations.
64 Bearers must clear bank protocol and validation request
NOTE: We have asked for the above documents to make available the most complete and up-to date records possible for the enhancement of public safety welfare and security of Society while recognizing the importance of individual privacy rights. If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimacy of the fund you are about to receive.

The United States Department of Justice Order 556-73 establishes rules and regulations for the subject of an FBI Identification Record to obtain a copy of his or her own Record for review. The FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division processes these requests to check illegal activities in U.S and outside. An individual may request a copy of his or her own FBI Identification record for personal review or to challenge information on the Record. Other reasons, individual may request a copy of his or her own Identification Record may include international adoption or to satisfy a requirement to live or work in a foreign country or receive funds from another country (i.e., Diplomatic Immunity Seal Of Transfer, letter of good conduct, criminal history background, etc.).

FBI Director

James Brien Comey, Jr.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dear Customer !!!

We have been waiting for you to contact us for your Confirmed Package that is registered with us for shipping to your residential location.We thought that the sender gave you our contact details and that you would have contacted us by now.we would also let you know that a letter is also attached to your package.However, we cannot quote its content to you via E-mail for privacy reasons.

We understand that the content of your package itself is a Bank Draft worth $800,000.00 USD,in FedEx we do not ship money in CASH or in CHEQUES but in Bank Drafts only.

The package is registered with us for mailing by your colleague, and your colleague explained that he is from the United States but he is in Benin Republic for a three (3) month Surveying Project. for he is working with a consulting firm in Benin Republic. We are sending you this E-mail because your package is been registered on a Special Order. What you have to do now, is to contact our Delivery Department for the immediate dispatch of your package to your residential address. Note that as soon as our Delivery Team confirms your information, it will only take us one working day (24 hours) for your package to arrive at its designated destination.For your information, the VAT & Shipping charges as well as Insurance fees have been paid by your colleague before your package was registered.

Note that the payment that is made on the Insurance, Premium & Clearance Certificates, are to certify that the Bank Draft is not a Drug Affiliated Fund (DAF) neither is it funds to sponsor Terrorism in your country. This will help you avoid any form of query from the Monetary Authority of your country.However, you will have to pay a sum of $100 US Dollars to the FedEx Delivery Department for the Security Keeping Fee of the FedEx company as stated in our privacy terms & condition page. Also be informed that your colleague wished to pay for the Security Keeping charges, but we do not accept such payments considering the facts that all items & packages registered with us has a time limitation and we cannot accept payment not knowing when you will be picking up the package or even respond to us.So we cannot take the risk to have accepted such payment in-case of any possible demurrage

Kindly note that your colleague did not leave us with any further information.We hope that you send your response to us as soon as possible because if you fail to respond until the expiry date of the foremost package, we may refer the package to the British Commission for Welfare as the package those not have a return address.

to track your package, go to www.fedex.com/tracking and insert the tracking number below to view delivery status.
www.fedex.com/tracking
Tracking Number: 800277347645
Kindly contact the delivery department (FedEx Delivery Post) with the
details given below:
FedEx Delivery Post
Contact Person: Mr Whyte Holmes
Email: fedinternationalpost@postmaster.co.uk
Kindly complete the below form and send it to the address above.

This is mandatory to reconfirm your Postal address and telephone numbers.
FULL NAMES:
TELEPHONE:
POSTAL ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
Kindly complete the above form and submit it

As soon as your details are received, our delivery team will give you the necessary payment procedure so that you can effect the payment for the Security Keeping Fees. As soon as they confirm your payment receipt of $100 US Dollars. They will not hesitate to dispatch your package as well as the attached letter to your residence. which usually takes 24 hours being an over night delivery service.

Note: that we were not instructed to email you, but due to the high priority of your package we had to inform you as your sender did not leave us with his phone number because he stated that he just arrived Benin Republic and he has not gotten a phone yet. We personally sealed your Bank Draft and we found your email contact in the attached letter as the recipient of the foremost package. Ensure to contact the delivery department with the email address given above and ensure to fill the above form as well to enable a successful reconfirmation.

Yours Faithfully
FedEx Online Team Management.
All rights reserved. + 1995-2015
The way I'm going, I'm gonna have more money then the Fed.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:03 PM

^ Maybe you can save Greece from financial ruin!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I love the CONCERN shown at the bottom of the letter

"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Zaria Street, Off Samuel Akintola
Street,Garki 11, Garki-Abuja.

Our Ref: FGN/CBN/NIG/01/2017.

Your Ref...............................

From The Desk Of Mr. Godwin Emefiele.
Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

SUBJECT: Dear Valued Customer.

Dear Friend,

We wish to inform you that your unclaimed payment of USD$10.5 Million in Africa has been released and ready to be paid to you via PREPAID VISA CARD which you will use to withdraw the US$10.5 Million from any ATM Machine in any part of the world.

We have mandated United Bank Africa Ghana, to send you the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER which you will use to withdraw all your US$10.5Million Dollars in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum you can withdraw in a day is US$20,000.00 Only.

You are therefore advice to contact the Head of ATM CARD Department of United Bank Africa Ghana (UBA);

Contact Person: Rev. Goodluck Egobia,
Office email address: removed

Tell Rev. Goodluck Egobia, that you received a message from the CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA. Instructing him to send you the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER which you will use to withdraw your USD$10.5 Million Dollars in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, also send him your direct phone number and contact address where you want him to send the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER to you.

We are very sorry for the plight you have gone through in the past years.

Thanks for adhering to this instruction and once again accept our congratulations.

Best Regards.

Mr. Godwin Emefiele.
Executive Governor,
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)."
Old 08-12-2017, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Ninja, I think you'll own the county of Nigeria by now the way they have been "holding" onto this money for you with the rate of inflation being what it is... Good luck--- but hey when you get it call me, I need a loan!