GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,335
1 members and 1,334 guests
TLLK

Old 07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush Cuts

Hey i dont know if you're allowed to answer to this but i have been wondering about the first day of rush cuts. In that day you meet one at most two girls from the chapter and are at risk of being cut. Is this based soley on you not clicking with one girl? I feel like you barely get a chance to know the chapter without being cut (if you are).Thanks so much!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
You are getting very close to Membership Selection information and you shouldn't concern yourself with that. Concentrate on things that are in your control like conversation skills and finding fun topics to talk about during recruitment.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsunshinec44 View Post
Hey i dont know if you're allowed to answer to this but i have been wondering about the first day of rush cuts. In that day you meet one at most two girls from the chapter
This is absolutely not true for every chapter or every school.

Last edited by 33girl; 07-21-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Well at some school there aren't cuts made after the first night. Also one girl doesn't decided if you should be cut or not. There are several factors that are considered I wont go into too much detail, but your high school activities,gpa, and classification can play a role in it also. Don't stress yourself out worrying about cuts everything will work out for the best.

Last edited by alphagamgirl06; 07-21-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hey i dont know if you're allowed to answer to this but i have been wondering about the first day of rush cuts. In that day you meet one at most two girls from the chapter and are at risk of being cut. Is this based soley on you not clicking with one girl? I feel like you barely get a chance to know the chapter without being cut (if you are).Thanks so much!
I am really rather confused KCsunshinec44. First you start a thread about "throwing what you know" which may I add dumbfounded the majority of the GCers who commented. Now you post this one about rush cuts??
Perhaps you should focus more on what recruitment is all about and if you have the necessary requirements to even begin rush in the first place. My intentions are not be mean about this, but as my New Member assistant mom taught us, "you never know whose eyes are watching you". You may think the sororities at your school won't find out about you intentions with GC, but you'd be surprised. Please listen to the sisters who have been through it and witnessed rush firsthand. If you have questions I am sure many of us on here will answer them, given they don't tread into forbidden water.

Good luck, and I hope you find the sorority you can call home. Just give them the opportunity to find you.
... devotion to the right, the good, and the true
think pink
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are getting cut on Round 1 for grades, it's decided before you step foot in the door. I can tell you that much, but nothing more
Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

At all of the schools I'm familiar with, round 1 is the round in which you talk with the MOST women. On my campus I'd say it was typical for a PNM to meet 3-5 women at each party.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aopirose View Post
You are getting very close to Membership Selection information and you shouldn't concern yourself with that. Concentrate on things that are in your control like conversation skills and finding fun topics to talk about during recruitment.
Cosign.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
In one of your other threads you indicated that you will be a sophomore, have hung out regularly at fraternity parties, and that "its almost positive that everyone gets in" on your campus.

When wise GC members suggested that you bring it down a notch, and warned you about over-confidence, the response to everyone was to "calm down."

So, if you are a sophomore, who has been seen out at greek functions, and are "guaranteed a bid" why are you so concerned about getting cut because you didn't click with "one girl?"

Trust me. They will have more to go on that just "one girl's" opinion.

I will re-issue the wise advice you have been given before: just relax and worry about what you are in control of. Read as many threads on GC as you can. The rest, whatever that may be, will fall into place.

Last edited by ComradesTrue; 07-21-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
In one of your other threads you indicated that you will be a sophomore, have hung out regularly at fraternity parties, and that "its almost positive that everyone gets in" on your campus.

When wise GC members suggested that you bring it down a notch, and warned you about over-confidence, the response to everyone was to "calm down."

So, if you are a sophomore, who has been seen out at greek functions, and are "guaranteed a bid" why are you so concerned about getting cut because you didn't click with "one girl?"

Trust me. They will have more to go on that just "one girl's" opinion.

I will re-issue the wise advice you have been given before: just relax and worry about what you are in control of. Read as many threads on GC as you can. The rest, whatever that may be, will fall into place.
Yeah, what she said.

*waving* Hi Blondie! I haven't "seen" you 'round the boards much!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 PM

How sororities decide who gets invited back each round is considered part of the Membership Selection process of that sorority and is considered private.

What we can tell you is that getting an invite back depends on a LOT of different factors, not just what you describe.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If you concern yourself too much with it, it'll make recruitment WAY more stressful than it is. All you can do is relax, be yourself, and be personable and polite to the girls you meet.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Im really sorry that i tapped into some sort of rush tabbo. I did not mean to offend anyone. I will stop focusing on unimportant details and just try to me myself! Thanks for the help everyone
Old 07-22-2008, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget to throw each sorority's sign as you leave the house during round 1. The sisters will be very impressed with the fact that you have taken the time to learn their hand symbols! Throw what you know!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
^^^LOL
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Im really sorry that i tapped into some sort of rush tabbo. I did not mean to offend anyone. I will stop focusing on unimportant details and just try to me myself! Thanks for the help everyone
Each GLO's membership selection process is confidential and falls under their Ritual. Sororities are called "Secret Societies" for a reason.

It's not that you are focusing on unimportant things, it's that you are asking about specific things which we cannot discuss.