GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,184
3 members and 1,181 guests
JayhawkAOII, Sarak24034, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-15-2019, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Not the 1st time Olivia Jade was handed something that she did not have the merits to achieve on her own:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wait...170100717.html
Old 03-16-2019, 12:00 AM

So she won a rigged game that was televised on phones?? I really wonder if my grandparents were this confused when television was invented.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Some Schools are considering expulsion of the students involved in the scandal.
https://news.yahoo.com/university-so...123243363.html
Old 03-19-2019, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
So she won a rigged game that was televised on phones?? I really wonder if my grandparents were this confused when television was invented.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

University of Southern California students allegedly embroiled in the college admissions scandal that has rocked elite universities across the country won't be allowed to register for classes, while officials conduct an internal investigation.

"USC has placed holds on the accounts of students who may be associated with the alleged admissions scheme," the university announced in an update on its website on Monday. "This prevents the students from registering for classes or acquiring transcripts while their cases are under review."

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/19/70493...ribery-scandal
Old 03-20-2019, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

While that stinks for the students involved especially for those who truly might not have known their parents were up to questionable tactics. I applaud USC for making this move its only fair to the vast majority of students who put in an honest effort in order to get into USC.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

More USC info on the cheating scandal:
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/20/usc-s...ating-scandal/

And UCLA, this student is on their nationally ranked soccer team. With NO soccer experience.
(Initially, I wasn’t going to post this as it gives her name but since she posed for the photo — which is still active on the UCLA soccer team website — the student is complicit as well.)
https://www.campuscircle.com/review....ssions-scandal

Last edited by ChioLu; 03-20-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I think a true tragedy in all this scandal are the high school students who worked really hard to get in to these schools, but were denied admission. Those high school students who are actually academically talented and/or top-notch athletes.

This past Sunday, CBS Sunday Morning, had this segment. This is truly a tragic story. This young lady was academically talented and the captain of her high school robotics team. She thought she was not good enough (with all her accolades) to get into MIT.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-lost-...andra-valoras/
Old 03-20-2019, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
^^^ She is not in our member database. I would appreciate it if you would please delete your post. Thank you.
Have you contacted her to remove it from her LinkedIn profile?
Old 03-21-2019, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I read all 200+ pages of the indictment that was published. Holy COW. Guess these people never learned about omerta (you can google it). Idiots. What moral compass? What ethics? I want to slap all of them.

The names and Greek affiliations of several students are readily available on the Internet. To me, it's not about being Greek or finger-pointing. As I repeatedly write, "there but for the grace of God"... and before anyone jumps, yes, one of the students is (or was, I can't check Sister Search on the Theta website to see if she's still a member b/c it isn't functioning and who knows when it will be? Theta launched a new website which IMO they shouldn't have, it's incomplete and not ready, but I digress) a USC Kappa Alpha Theta. *shrug*. This "pay for admission" mess speaks to a much deeper place. Which is dark, and very sick. Very, very sick. Trying my level best not to speculate and all I can say is WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE "ADULTS" THINKING??????????

So, now we sit and wait. Until the next thing comes along. Which it will. The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 03-22-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Lori Loughlin’s daughters both withdraw from USC
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/14/lori-...llege-bribery/
Her younger daughter is 19. Is she a freshman and just joined Kappa (as Recruitment is now in January) and, if so, will she get initiated?
From a story in The Hollywood Reporter a couple days ago:

At USC, Loughlin's daughter, Instagram influencer Olivia Jade, hasn't been seen at the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority she pledged in January. "I don't think she's still considered a member," says one person familiar with the sorority, which held its initiation the weekend of March 23. "I don't think she'll come back, I don't foresee that happening."
Old 03-30-2019, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
From a story in The Hollywood Reporter a couple days ago:

At USC, Loughlin's daughter, Instagram influencer Olivia Jade, hasn't been seen at the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority she pledged in January. "I don't think she's still considered a member," says one person familiar with the sorority, which held its initiation the weekend of March 23. "I don't think she'll come back, I don't foresee that happening."

"One mother of a Brentwood School senior cops to scouring Singer's Facebook page for friends she and the counselor have in common — and questioning what his relationship to those parents might entail (Loughlin often sang Singer's praises to other members at the Bel Air Bay Club, where she and Giannulli belong, according to several sources). "People are fucking pissed off at these cheaters," says the Brentwood mom. "This paints all of us in a really bad light. My kid scored over a 1500 on the SAT. No extra time. No payoff. Just hard work, and [the kid] is beyond stressed out about college because of these other kids who are cheating. It's kids like mine who lose."

Here is my problem with this statement. This mother thinks her child never had any advantage and she is wrong. While her child didn't cheat, they still have advantages over the majority of high school students by the parents buying a "premium" education at the private Brentwood school. The child probably also had the benefit of the parents paying for additional tutoring and SAT prep classes.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Additional charges filed

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...TJGYkpH36w0g7g
Old 07-03-2019, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
LOL at the girl in the crowd yelling "Lori, Lori, Lori! Pay for my tuition!"
Old 07-31-2019, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

In the latest twist in this saga.

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli's daughters were reportedly dropped by their sisters.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...144442358.html