GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,568
2 members and 2,566 guests
JayhawkAOII, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=Cheerio;2131807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee;2131774 Yes, Colton looked shocked.

And yes, Colton will be brought into the final three since [FONT=Impact
everyone[/FONT] now hates him?
Seems too early to be making jury fodder calls. At this point in the game, those people tend to get voted out because 1) it's an easy decision to agree on and 2) they tend to be divisive and you can't have your tribe divided this early in the game. The guys even went as far as willing going to TC to get their divisive person out of the picture.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
And yes, Colton will be brought into the final three since everyone now hates him?
I'm not sure they do, at least not in a final-three sense. At least Troyzan seems to want to defend him, and I think others would see him as a threat, not as jury fodder.

As for why they give away the "twist," it basically means that the swap probably isn't going to be the main "plot point" of the show.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=SydneyK;2129298]You know, I think it's time for Survivor to move to a 2-hours/week format.

With 2 hours, they should show more actual interaction between tribe members and less 'Talking to the Camera' pieces, reducing confusion in viewers minds as to whether CONTESTANTS know something about another tribe member or just the AUDIENCE knows it.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

^^Right. That's definitely one of the reasons I'd like to see it go to 2 hours. At least in the beginning, it'd be nice to have more opportunities to get to know the castaways, see how they interact with each other, see more camp-buiilding, see more camp-life, etc...

But, I haven't ever heard anything AT ALL that indicates the show's going in that direction - I was just playing At-Home-Producer-for-a-Day.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
^^Right. That's definitely one of the reasons I'd like to see it go to 2 hours. At least in the beginning, it'd be nice to have more opportunities to get to know the castaways, see how they interact with each other, see more camp-buiilding, see more camp-life, etc...

But, I haven't ever heard anything AT ALL that indicates the show's going in that direction - I was just playing At-Home-Producer-for-a-Day.
CBS does it 2-3 times a week with Big Brother, but that show is certainly not as costly to produce as Survivor. It's all about the money.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
You can check out the secret scene videos at cbs.com. There were 18 or so for this past episode. Some are more confessionals, some are scenes that didn't make it in, but it can really round out what you see on TV and give additional information about what's going on.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight was the first time I have watched Survivor in two seasons - I am soooooo tired of watching the people who are the strongest and who could ACTUALLY survive on a deserted island get voted off, while the jerks - like Colton (who I despise) - and the players who are just plain dumb move ahead in the game. Is Colton a student at 'Bama or what college?
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 AM
GreekChat Member

They've swapped and split up...so they figured out both the living on one beach and the gender based tribes were bad ideas and we're back to a regular season of Survivor. I guess with all the Redemption Island, former player, Exile Island randomness a classic season IS a novelty.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
They've swapped and split up...so they figured out both the living on one beach and the gender based tribes were bad ideas and we're back to a regular season of Survivor. I guess with all the Redemption Island, former player, Exile Island randomness a classic season IS a novelty.
Right.

After the last two tribal councils, though, I'm kinda wishing Redemption Island was around this season. I liked Monica. And Bill. And I can't believe Colton is getting as far as he is. It's crazy. (And so is he!)
Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
They've swapped and split up...so they figured out both the living on one beach and the gender based tribes were bad ideas . . . .
I don't think they've decided that at all. There have been a number of season with tribes based on gender, race, age or whatever, and they have always, I think, mixed them up after 4 or 5 tribal councils. As for the one world thing, it's not that they decided it was a bad idea, but it had served its purpose. Once they had the swap, they needed to separate the tribes to separate the former alliances. Otherwise, all the old alliances can still plot together at the shared beach.

I have no doubt both of these "twists" were planned all along.

Colton plays a bizarre game -- very strong in some ways, but very, very bad in other ways.

As for Matt, his arrogance is what got his torch snuffed.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Not even two mins into tonight's episode and I'm ready to slaughter Colton.....I'll admit the first episode I was rooting for him, now I'm hoping for everything to go against him and laughed when Manono lost the reward challenge
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

COLTON? MERGE!

OMG - God answers prayers.

But you know Colton will be back on some sort of All-Stars deal.

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 03-21-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
OMG - God answers prayers.

But you know Colton will be back on some sort of All-Stars deal.
I know I'll get heat for this, but I really, really hope he is. I actually found him fascinating to watch. Some brilliant strategy coupled with some dismal strategy. Some good understanding of the game coupled with some horrible people skills. Perhaps it's because he reminded me of a few people I've known (especially one guy from college), but he kept me interested.

The thing is, if he comes back, I don't think it would be a repeat of the Colton who just went out. Based on interviews with folks who have been voted off and on tweets that Colton has tweeted over the last few weeks, I think we'd see a more mature Colton. I think that, unlike Russell, he might have learned something.

Meanwhile, LOL at Kat. Bless her heart.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Riddance Colton!

Soooooo glad he is gone!!!!!!!! Tarzan and Alicia need to go next!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Bless Kat's heart indeed. It's a good thing breathing is instinct or she would probably have trouble with that, too.