GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,135
0 members and 2,135 guests
No Members online

Old 10-10-2002, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

New York DG's

Specifically anyone from the Manhatten area...

... I'm thinking about going to NYU this summer and taking a music business course. Can any of y'all give me any pointers as far as where I might be able to get a job, should I live on campus and if so where, what I can expect as far as how expensive it is, etc...
?
Old 10-10-2002, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Not a DG, but...

NYU summer housing is probably the least expensive in that area of NYC. My cousin lived there last summer when she was taking a class there. From what I recall, she paid for a meal plan and a nominal fee for housing compared to private apartments in the Village. Rents of over $1200 per month are not unheard of, so keep that in mind when considering your summer living arrangements.

My cousin waited tables near the campus. If that is the type of job you are looking for, there are dozens of restaurants and bars that look for workers. There are also lots of retail clothing stores so that is another option.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking DG's in New York

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I lived/interned in New York this past summer. I worked in Manhatten and lived in NYU dorms. I paid $800 a month in rent to live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other girls. It is cheaper if you are taking classes. I had the most fun summer of my life though. I had an amazing internship at Seventeen Magazine and had so much fun living in the city. I recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity! If you have any questions, definitly email me! My email is cketzler@wam.umd.edu.

Love & ITB,
Caroline
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDG View Post
Specifically anyone from the Manhatten area...

... I'm thinking about going to NYU this summer and taking a music business course. Can any of y'all give me any pointers as far as where I might be able to get a job, should I live on campus and if so where, what I can expect as far as how expensive it is, etc...
?
I really dont know if you can have a job here.of course you should live in the campus if they can provide you home because a studio in ManHattan will cost you at about $2000 at least
The city is very expensive but dont forget here is the center of the world you can have many options for cheap and for very expensive things.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanai1 View Post
I really dont know if you can have a job here.of course you should live in the campus if they can provide you home because a studio in ManHattan will cost you at about $2000 at least
The city is very expensive but dont forget here is the center of the world you can have many options for cheap and for very expensive things.
This thread is 8 years old. That studio probably costs $3000 by now.