GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,461
0 members and 1,461 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2003, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

It was Labor Day weekend before Rush started (Penn State rushes late), and I was at the beach with a girlfriend. She dragged me to this really wild, awful place that was almost like a biker-bar. I was pretty much trapped there for most of the afternoon and entertained myself watching the a large group of lifeguards misbehave.

One of the first rush parties I attended that week was ASA. As the girls came out to greet us, and one girl looked really familiar. I asked her, "hey, weren't you at the Barefoot Bar this weekend?" She got really pale. "Weren't you with the lifeguard who got up on the bar and....." She grabbed my arm hard and pulled me aside: "You and I need to to talk." So I spent most of the first round there hearing how that's not the kind of guy she usually dates and not the kind of place she usually frequents, etc. She was mortified, but pretty funny about the whole thing.

Of course, as all these stories seem to end, that's the sorority where I ended up, and as I found out later, this girl had acted as my guardian angel all through the selection process.