GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,308
3 members and 1,305 guests
naraht, Shellfish

Old 10-04-2004, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the deep south (and there's no place I'd rather be)
I'm clueless.... need guy advice!

This post will probably be long.....

I am horrible at understanding guys. It was just me and my mom when I was growing up, so I am clueless when it comes to male behavior.

Lets start from the beginning....
Met this guy, talked for a few weeks over email b/c he was still at home for the summer. He moved back down here for college. I went over to his apt. and met a bunch of his friends the night he moved back. He was very touchy, feely... told me I was beautiful... the whole nine yards it seemed like he was looking for a relationship and not just a hookup. We had been talking about doing things together in the future like going to football games and other stuff, so it made it seem like he was looking for more. We ended up making out that night. Two nights later I went over to one of his friends apts, then back over to his place and we ended up sleeping together (we were both sober). I spent the night. We talked the next day. The day after that, I went over to his place again and spent the night (it was a thursday). That Saturday night I called his phone but one of his friends answered and said that he had left his phone there but that my guy may be back at his apartment so I decided to drop by and see if he was there. (BAD idea!)

So as I was knocking on his door he comes walking up the steps with another girl. So I tell him we need to talk about "us". He says he doesn't want a relationship and that since we didn't talk about it before hooking up neither did I. He didn't want to be tied down to one girl and he wanted to be able to go out and do whatever he pleased without having to worry about answering to someone the next morning. So the results of the talk was that we were still going to continue hooking up, but if he slept with anyone else he would tell me and then I could decide if we were going to continue the hooking up or not. Turns out the girl he was with was just a friends girlfriend that he was driving somewhere b/c she was drunk and he had stopped by his apt to get his car since he had been driving someone elses.

So we end up just hooking up for about another week or so. Stuff happens w/ my ex and I thought there was going to be a possibility of getting back with him, so I email my hookup buddy a couple pages long email about how the just screwing was not working out for me b/c it made me feel like a hoe, etc, etc. We talked on IM that afternoon a good bit and he apoligized that he wasn't ready for a relationship and he wished me the best with my ex and he said he would be there anytime I needed him.

A few days later (on a thursday) I was in a wreck where I totaled my jeep and came inches from killing myself. I called my hookup guy just to let him know and he was very concerned. He called me everyday that weekend even though he was out of town, just to check on me and how I was doing. That Wednesday I needed someone to take me to the hospital to get the staples removed from my head and hookup boy offered. He wanted me to come over the night before, so I did. He cooked me dinner and we hooked up and I spent the night. the next morning he took me to the hospital then took me home. It was about another week and we hooked up again. The next monday he IMed me and was telling me that he had meet this new girl and he was "intriged" by her but they hadn't kissed yet but that he had promised to tell me if anything happened with anyone else. I was sort of getting tired of getting called all the time just to hookup so I thought this would be the perfect opprotunity to get rid of him for good. I told him how I couldn't believe he was going to date another girl and how I had started to have feeling for him (that usually scares off most guys I know), etc, etc. I lied and laid it on pretty thick about all the feelings I was having for him.

That was two weeks ago. Last night he IMs me and tells me he cut it off w/ the "bitch" and that even though he's lonely he knows he isn't ready or mature enough for a serious relationship. He even apoligized about how he had acted over AIM the night he told me about the other girl. It made it seem like he possibly wanted me back (and possibly a relationship). Then he asked me if I had heard the Nelly song "over and over". I told him no and we started talking about something else. I later looked up the lyrics to the song and it made me wonder if he couldn't stop picturing me with another guy or if he was worried I would picture him with that other girl?

Anyway, today he IMs me and was asking why I was in such a hurry to get into a heavy relationship and then tells me I'm a catch and I should stop looking for a guy and when I do the right one will come along.... so now I'm totally confused.

IF you finished reading this entire thing you deserve an award. Anybody want to offer any suggestions on his mysterious guy behavior????? Cause I'm certainly clueless!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't mean this to sound harsh, but he wants to get laid. Period. All the rest is him just saying a lot of nothing because he wants to get laid.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I don't mean this to sound harsh, but he wants to get laid. Period. All the rest is him just saying a lot of nothing because he wants to get laid.
Dammit ho, you beat me to it.

He's stringing you along, making you think he might want a relationship so you can give in to his needs.

Once he gets it he goes about his way.

But guys like keeping girls around if they think she's guaranteed ass.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Valkyrie is right.

You don't have "the talk" after knowing him for less than six months. All of this cryptic bull in a song is a scam. As for him saying the right one will come along, he's telling you that he doesn't want you for a serious relationship. Move on.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I think he probably does like you. He thinks you are funny, nice, cute... all of those things. BUT he also doesn't really want to be your boyfriend. He wants to sleep with you. Being your friend is fun for him, but it is an outgrowth of him wanting to have sex. Drop him like it's hot, sweetie.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Banned

Do you wear thick heeled flip flops?

-Rudey