GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,407
1 members and 1,406 guests
Titchou

Old 02-14-2008, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
If you're a Bridezilla who insists that your bridesmaids not look better than you at your wedding, this is the perfect dress. Not only will they not look better than you, they'll look hideous.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Though I feel what would really make the dress pure perfection would be some 80's poufy bridesmaid sleeves to balance out the culottes.

PSimissU
Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPi_Jawbreaker View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing. Though I feel what would really make the dress pure perfection would be some 80's poufy bridesmaid sleeves to balance out the culottes.

I think Imma order these in some hot Neon shade for my ladies AND add the 80s puff sleeves, and perhaps some fingerless lace gloves.... a la 80's madonna and Cindi.... nothing says class like fingerless gloves !
Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
LegallyBrunette, you are absolutely right. I don't know how I could have missed THIS:

Truly the worst.

ETA: I keep trying to figure out what it reminds me of... I think it is a cross between the fairy godmother (which would definitely be on the cinderella theme) or one of those fairies from sleeping beauty?
Ahh thanks for the help!

Ugly Step-sister. Good call on that.

I seriously can't even imagine this making an appearance in a wedding. I think I'd have to excuse myself from the ceremony I'd be laughing so hard.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

wow that dress is... special
Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 PM

Maybe it's because I don't have my glasses or something, but I cannot tell WHAT THE FRONT OF THE DRESS DOING??

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

And what is with that colour of pantyhose???
Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Maybe it's because I don't have my glasses or something, but I cannot tell WHAT THE FRONT OF THE DRESS DOING??
It appears to be a sweetheart neckline accented by a blouson effect (made popular by Brenda Walsh) with a belt to accentuate the waist. Topped off with sheer black pantyhose and OPEN TOED SHOES. OH MY GOD. This is so ugly.

Last edited by OtterXO; 02-14-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: WAIT, IS THAT A BOW IN THE FRONT????
Old 02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
It appears to be a sweetheart neckline accented by a blouson effect (made popular by Brenda Walsh) with a belt to accentuate the waist. Topped off with sheer black pantyhose and OPEN TOED SHOES. OH MY GOD. This is so ugly.
Oh, that's a bow in front alright. And if I'm not mistaken it appears to be defying gravity. My favorite part? Go to the website and check out the colors it's available in--I think Triple Berry or Daisy would really up the ugly factor even more.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
More madness:

My Big and Twin are geting married a month apart in 2009 (she in June and twin in July). There's a bit of competitiveness on my Big's part to make her wedding "better" than hers. There's only one problem, my Big's budget is HALF of my Twins. So, as my Big's MOH, guess who gets to listen to her complain about how "___'s wedding is going to be so much better than hers?" You guessed it. Me!

Here is something you might want to share with your big. Perhaps the reason your twin has double the budget is because everything here (in New England) costs more. When FI and I were looking at places here in Boston, we basically had to triple what we initially planned to spend. Please also note we weren't looking at the top hotels downtown. We were looking at the "cheap" places and no joke, were looking at $20,000 for catering alone. We weren't serving cavier and having raw bars either...just your standard chicken, filet, fish wedding meal.

We had considered checking out a castle nearby, but our guests would be all spread out in different rooms for dinner. It happens at a lot of the old mansions here. We attended a wedding at one this past summer. Luckily, they were able to put up a tent in the yard for the actual dinner otherwise we would have been shoveled into TINY rooms like sardines. The dancing took place inside. You couldn't watch the couple share their first dance because everyone was trying to squish into the doorway to see. People watched for a few seconds and then moved out of the way so other people could have a turn. Tell your big to find a great big space for everyone to be together and have fun!

B and I actually decided to get married in PA because we can get an upscale location with gourmet food at the same price as the elks club here in MA. No joke.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My Big Redneck Wedding on CMT

So I broke down to check out the CMT website, and even if you can't watch the shows, you can see pictures from the weddings, which really are worth 1,000 words each.

Here's a link to the photo galleries. Warning, there's a plethora of camo! http://www.cmt.com/pictures/my-big-r...ow_photo.jhtml

ETA: I love the little cartoon critter animals playing musical instruments that are part of the show's theme. I love the squirrel (obviously!) blowing into a moonshine jug, and also the jackalope with a tambourine, the deer with a banjo rocks too.

Last edited by VandalSquirrel; 02-16-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Am I the only one who thinks, "Time of Day" themed bridal showers are lame? I always end up with a time like 2:30 p.m.. Most people I know are at work at 2:30.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
So I broke down to check out the CMT website, and even if you can't watch the shows, you can see pictures from the weddings, which really are worth 1,000 words each.

Here's a link to the photo galleries. Warning, there's a plethora of camo! http://www.cmt.com/pictures/my-big-r...ow_photo.jhtml
OH. MY. GOD. I only got through picture 18, I can't look at anymore!!!!

You weren't kidding, camo on the groom, camo veil, camo in the bouquet, on the family, the bridesmaid's dress. And was the bride's family posing in front of a display of a DUCK BLIND???

And that first bride, the lovely vision in the strapless dress, poor girl's out there in the elements with snow on the ground (standing on top of a demolition derby car, NICE touch!) and all the men are standing around in their warm camo hunting jackets. Chivalry IS dead.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefish81 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks, "Time of Day" themed bridal showers are lame? I always end up with a time like 2:30 p.m.. Most people I know are at work at 2:30.
I have never been to one of those, maybe a roll of quarters for the vending machine at work?
Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

We've been bombarded lately by Save the Date magnets. The last 2 were from polar-opposite relatives: my hippie niece who's getting married in a dance hall in Central Texas and Mr. C's preppy cousin who's marrying an Indian doctor in an upscale Atlanta church. (I bet she'll have both an American and an Indian ceremony.)

Oh well, we needed the magnets to hold up our hordes of sports teams schedules....
Old 02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefish81 View Post

My shower was a time of day one and it actually worked out pretty well. People just need to be creative. If you have 2:30pm...think of what you could get them for 2:30 on a weekend or vacation instead of a work day. We got a colorful bag and beach towels to sit on the beach with, and a glass pitcher set for entertaining in the afternoon. You find ways to work around them.

And then.....some people just don't worry about the time and get you what they want to get you.