GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,536
1 members and 2,535 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 05-23-2016, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Facebook pages

We have a Facebook page for mothers of PNMs at the University of Alabama. (Actually there are 2, thanks to a spat a few months ago.)
Sorority members did not set it up! One of the mothers did it a couple of years ago and it took off.
It has been VERY helpful in explaining how recruitment works, the importance of recommendations, sorority requirements for membership....not just for recruitment but through the year, too. We are lucky to have a couple of sorority advisers and a number of sorority alumnae to help answer questions.
It's been so helpful that I'd recommend every Panhellenic set one up!
Are there any other schools out there that have something similar?

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2016, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Great idea!!! Not sure if there is one for Ole Miss but I can check. I sure wish I had known about this forum earlier- would have helped alot. I am in a general FB forum with other recruitment moms and its been awesome for me- as my daughter is 1st greek in family and went thru COB. I find it extremely helpful even still.

OK I just checked and yes there is a recruiting page for Ole Miss....so I just typed in search and several came up.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a general forum? I'd love to check that out.

Here are ours:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alab...itmentparents/

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660101780870319/

Since we have a LOT of out of state students (something like 60%), we get lots of questions about recommendations, dress etc., and of course there's a good bit of variation among the different schools and eras.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are the ones I found...

https://www.facebook.com/olemissfrat...ylife/?fref=ts

I guess there are no real specific ones.

They also have several sites especially for each sorority. But one specifically for parents I do not see unfortunately.

Last edited by carnation; 07-26-2016 at 04:25 PM.