GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,314
3 members and 2,311 guests
Cookiez17, Kevin

Old 01-08-2007, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing at UW-Madison

I was just wondering if any of you knew what rushing a sorority at the University of Wisconsin- Madison is like? Im considering going there and I really want to join the greek system at whatever school i attend! Thank you so much for all your help.

P.S.

Any info on the different sororities at UW would be great! Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Unregistered-

Ay yi yi.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Ay yi yi.
Oh, come on, you have so much fun.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't pick a school for a particular sorority. If Greek Life is an important aspect in a college that you choose, I think you should be able to find your niche in a sorority at any university. For example, UW-Madison has greek life and so does Marquette. They are two very different schools, and if you went through recruitment at either, you could probably find your niche. But you shouldn't look at the college application process by thinking "I want to be an XYZ at UW-Madison". Pick the school based on the school, then think about sorority recruitment.

And also, don't ask for info about each sorority. No one is going to come out and say "XYZ is the best" or "ABC is the fat ugly nerdy sorority". If you want to do your own research about greek life at Wisconsin, here's the link:
http://www.uwgreek.com/sorority/home.html

Where are you applying? I am glad to see that you are interested in greek life, and good luck with the college application process!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks for the input

Thanks for you input.
I am definately leaning toward UW and I was just looking at all their different organizations. My sister went Purdue and she had her own opinion of Greek life (mostly good and a rarely bad) and I was just wondering what other people thought. I am going to check out as much as possible and see where I feel the most comfortable at. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a lot of friends from high school go to Madison and I believe all of the ones who completed recruitment found a chapter they were happy at. It's not an overly competitive process - recommendations help but certainly aren't necessary.

There are definitely certain reputations of each chapter, but I'm not going to post them on here.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

First, let me congratulate your choice in (possible) schools! UW-Madison is amazing in so many facets---academics, social opportunities and athletics. Currently, it has produced the most Peace Corp volunteers, as well as the most Fortune 500 CEOs---which illustrates the diversity of student interests and strengths. I am so proud to have graduated from Wisconsin, and have yet to encounter an alumnus that feels otherwise.

The Greek system at Madison is strong, but not overwhelming. Many people join, and many people don't. It's one of the largest schools in the country, and there really is a niche for everyone. I joined as a sophomore, and it was one of the best decisions that I've made. I love my sorority dearly, and made my closest friends in the house. I didn't find recruitment all that cut-throat, and was lucky enough to have to cut houses each round (rather than having them cut me). And, in the end, I got my top choice. I graduated 8 years ago, but have heard that the system is pretty much the same. If that is indeed the case, the current sororites all have their unique strengths, and you should have no trouble finding one that is right for you. Good luck! And, if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.