GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,327
4 members and 1,323 guests
John, Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Agreed. Unless they have a legitimate business name on the side, I don't see the purpose of those vans, except to hide whatever is happening inside. They DO look creepy.

My daughter read a book for her chemistry class...it was 100 cases of murderers who were caught using science. While she was reading it, every so often she'd stop and say, "listen to what THIS guy did...." Some of the people were jealous spouses, out to get the inheritance, etc., but some of them were really creepy.
Totally agree with you about the vans. And it's usually those really old ones with small circular windows that have some weirdo driving it, and probably someone tied up in the back of it, too. If I saw one of those things behind me, I wouldn't go directly to my apartment. No way. Old cars creep me out, too. lol I'm just a big scaredy cat.

I was watching something like that on Netflix, similar to what your daughter was reading about. It was about women who committed crimes by putting strange chemicals in food. The one that really creeped me out was the "Milkshake Killer"...creepy, creepy, creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
Mr. KDR and I watched "Puncture" this weekend. I liked it. It was right up your alley, CG, being based on a true story and all.
What was that one about?

Netflix random for tonight:
I just got done watching "Nightmare next door". IT. CREEPED. ME. OUT. The guy was a peeping tom who raped and murdered women. What really creeped me out was that he committed one of the crimes in Lansing, where I used to go to school. He moved to Raleigh, NC. and did it again. What really scared me was the fact that he left work early, broke into the woman's apartment, and waited for her to come home. He actually hid in the closet and watched her the entire day until she went to bed, and that's when he attacked her. So, all that time, she had no clue that there was a rapist in her home.

At first they matched 6 counts of his DNA or something like that, but they needed 13 to convict him. I'm not sure how that whole thing works, but they said something like that. I live in a really nice neighborhood, in a nice apartment, but from the looks of it, she did to. That's why I don't put anything past anyone in any neighborhood, because it can happen anywhere.

Right now, I'm too creeped out to sleep alone, tonight. So, I'm not letting Mr. go back to his place, tonight. I'm making him stay right here with me.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
What was that one about?
A pair of lawyers who take on health care companies for blocking hospitals from buying a safe needle (you can't accidentally prick and once it is used it can't be re-used), I think they called it SafePoint.

I don't wanna give away the whole movie, but of course there was some drama in the mix, especially with one of the lawyers.

ETA: CG, I bet you'd also be interested in "The Elephant in the Room" it's a fascinating, touching, and infuriating documentary about the explosion of dangerous wild animals being kept as household pets.

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 06-27-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Banned

I haven't been on netflix in a minute. Sounds like they got some new shit.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd taken a bit of a Netflix sabbatical, but last night I watched "Shame."

I highly recommend it but I don't think I'll be watching it again.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Getting ready to watch The Hillside Strangler. It's based on a true story, so I hope it's creepy.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

It is. It most definitely is.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
It is. It most definitely is.
Well, it most definitely wasn't scary, lol. I think I'm going to take a break from the true story murder mysteries, because they're not scary, and the only thing that they do is get me upset. Our justice system is a screwed up joke, that's based soley on money, it really is.

Hopefully, I can stay up to watch "Gone". At first I thought it was another recent movie, "Gone" that I saw at Emagine this year, but this one is different. Based on what it's about and the short preview, it looks creepy.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

See, I think the true story ones are more scary because, well, they're true. Someone really did that. But, I think you prefer horror flicks, which I don't really like.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Hopefully, I can stay up to watch "Gone". At first I thought it was another recent movie, "Gone" that I saw at Emagine this year, but this one is different. Based on what it's about and the short preview, it looks creepy.
I watched like 5 minutes of it. I got too sleepy, so I'm going to watch it in a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
See, I think the true story ones are more scary because, well, they're true. Someone really did that. But, I think you prefer horror flicks, which I don't really like.
Yep, I love horror movies. I mean, I like some true stories, like Amityville Horror, which is supposed be true. That movie creeped me out, especially the creepy music.
http://youtu.be/GB6BnTcSupw
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I still have to finish watching "Gone". But, I'm out of popcorn, so I'm going to have to make a trip to the store to get some. I just can't watch a movie without popcorn (movie theater butter flavor). Be back shortly.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I watched "The Perfect Host" last night. It was.........weird. Very weird.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
I watched "The Perfect Host" last night. It was.........weird. Very weird.
I liked it, but I agree -- it was very odd.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been coming across some good ones, so far. I wonder what else is good.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooh, creepy! creepy! creepy! "Choose" looks creepy. It says "Grad student Fiona teams with her detective father to find a ghastly killer who forces his victims to choose between two gruesome fates". Kind of reminds me of "Saw" just based on what it says. "Saw" started getting really dumb, though. They should have just made one. Getting ready to watch "Choose". I hope it's scary.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Banned

I've been looking for American Gangster on netflix and for some reason it isn't listed. When I typed it in, it showed as not listed. Why a movie like that wouldn't be listed doesn't make sense.