GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,245
3 members and 1,242 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 02-27-2003, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

the show seemed good...i couldnt believe they interview their rushies like that.... we would never intimidate guys like that for fear that they would say fuck it.
on the grant issue...i dont know if i would want him in my house. mtv did not show him in a good light if for rush. but you never know if it was just editing.
i think alex should get a bid. it seems like he really wants to be there, and i too turned my first bid to phi psi down...sometimes we all make mistakes.
over all a lot of the guys they showed seemed good. the thing that concerned me was at the end when they voted---it made it seem as if they did not want anyone to be pledges. 3 strikes for not getting a bid is really a risk...you never know who you are fucking over.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I liked Fraternity Life better than Sorority Life2 just because some of the things that flew out of the guys' mouths were really funny. My sisters and I laughed at the part when Alex and a brother (forgot his name) were talking and the brother said Alex should bring his girlfriend to their parties with him and they can all hook up. It came out wrong, but it was still funny.

I definitely agree that Fraternity Life will be more interesting than Sorority Life and ten times more entertaining with all of their antics on the show.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by Starlet
My sisters and I laughed at the part when Alex and a brother (forgot his name) were talking and the brother said Alex should bring his girlfriend to their parties with him and they can all hook up. It came out wrong, but it was still funny.
I think he meant for it to come out that way, that's why it was funny.

As long as they don't show too many scenes inside their nasty kitchens and bathrooms, I'll be okay watching this show. Yuck!
Old 02-27-2003, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Quote:
Originally posted by DELTAQTE
Um...did anyone peep the next episode? "If you're early, you're on time...?"

That's all I'ma say on that one!
I was thinking the same thing, no comment on that...

I was on the interview process...then they cut 13 out of 18 guys after that. I guess you could have a pledge class of 5 people, but how much drama would that produce?

Grant's off the hook. I say give him a bid. Same on Alex. He's gonna have to let his girl go. Especially if she's calling him on the cell, screaming at him already. That should have already have been an issue.

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 02-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Banned

Question Question on FL

Hey all

I watched it last night too--did you see the little preview of next weeks show? They had the guys doing pushups, and I was wondering--is that considered hazing? If so, eeek! Why would they film it!?

I think the show looks really good, but I do think MTV is making these guys exaggerate and that could potentially give fraternities a negative image. Like having that one guy talk about how that guy's girlfriend is such a bitch, and that one guy saying "did you just get laid?" I'm wondering if MTV is saying "ok, now act like sexist boors for the camera!" hehehe.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

It was everything I thought it would be and so much more.....such drama over STUPID SHIT. I think that was the last time I'm going to watch it.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Guilty pleasure

Oh my -- it was complete trash, and I loved every minute of it.

I can't wait to see Lindsay. I wonder if they are going to make her like Maris on "Frasier" or Vera on "Cheers" -- you always hear about her, but you never see her.

My favorite moment was the DZO sister talking about how if you show up in Daisy Dukes with rolls hanging out, then no way? Oh, I'm watching every week.

Ivy
Old 02-27-2003, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry I forgot to add:

I am utterly apalled by the interview process, shining a bright light on the rushees was just uncalled for and disgusting...and the rushees doing push-ups, that's just totally ridiculous.

U of B will be short of a chapter after this filth will be exposed.

(guys don't get your panties in wad after seeing this, there's much worse going on out there)

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
First of all.... Grant is so adorable!!

Secondly, I was out of the room and when I came back, I first thought that the interviews were something that MTV had made up and then I realized it was the brothers interviews to the rushees...... that was fucking scary. I cannot imagine having that light shined in my face.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MSSTCY1

Secondly, I was out of the room and when I came back, I first thought that the interviews were something that MTV had made up and then I realized it was the brothers interviews to the rushees...... that was fucking scary. I cannot imagine having that light shined in my face.
Why would it matter who did it?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 02-27-2003, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
all i gotta say after watching is that alex's gf must be drop dead GORGEOUS if he keeps staying with her. Alex is hot enough that he could lose that girl and get another one a lot better than the one he has. Of course, the power of editing...

another observation about the show... maybe it's just the east coast, but recruitment seems to INTENSE. like i heard on both shows rushees talking about not getting in and what not like it was the end of the world if they didn't get a bid. Did anyone else notice it? I know when i was watching it with some of my sisters, we were like, why is everyone freaking out about not getting a bid? i know we weren't on our toes all week when we rushed. and i thought rush was supposed to be fun? being interviewed in a spotlight isn't cool.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
Why would it matter who did it?

I just meant that when I walked back in the room and looked at the screen I thought that it was one of those things where MTV puts the person in the room and lets them talk. I was just stating that I didn't think that it was actually part of the show. i guess I wasn't clear enough.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 05:29 PM
UMgirl

I think both DZO and Sigma Chi Omega's interview processes are a little on the ridiculous side, but if it works for them go ahead.
Truthfully I like Fraternty Life better, because for some reason it just seems more real to me than SL I and II. The guys seem real and are acting like they would anytime. Like showing that there was a divide when it came to final picks and the guys walking out mad at each other. The DZO girls are kinda of coming off as snotty to me, but who knows.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:06 PM
wreckingcrew

Quote:

?

Have you never heard that before? They would tell us all the time in Army ROTC, "If you're early, you're on time; if you're on time, you're late; if you're late, don't bother showing up"

And for the whole Grant issue. One of y'all said something that i think sums up the chapter's feeling. Whoever said, "They should just give him a bid to make the show better..." shows why i would never want my fraternity to be taped. Just like how i thought Jordan and Candace pledged to be on TV, Grant may have done the same thing. I don't care how "cool" or "hot" he is, if he's not doing it for the right reasons, i don't think he should get a bid.

I think the show's great and i love the interview thing. I wish we could do that.

Kitso
KS 361