GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,208
2 members and 1,206 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 07-29-2000, 05:16 PM
smiles4all

Post rush advice

Hi~ I need some advice for rush. I want to join a sorority because it seems like it would be such an amazing experience, but there is only one problem....I can be kind of shy until I get to know someone. I dont't know what I would talk to the sisters about or what questions I should ask them. I can be such a fun, outgoing, and great person when people get to know me-I just don't want to ruin my chance of getting into a sorority because I didn't get the chance to show the sisters the real me. It would be great if anyone has tips on what kinds of stuff to talk to the sisters about or what the sisters look for in the rushees. If you want to share personal experiences, I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 07-29-2000, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

You should look on the "Rush" board on this site. There are TONS of recent posts about this topic.

Rush conversations all pretty much follow a set pattern, as you'll quicky discover. There are a set of 4 or 5 questions that I GUARANTEE each sister will ask you, and you can prepare answers ahead of time if that'll help you calm down. You'll make the same conversation about 586 times, so your shyness shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't come across as nervous, snobby, or awkward. These are 1-on-1 conversations, not too scary.

Anyway, go look at the Rush board if you want specific advice about this stuff.
Old 07-30-2000, 01:14 AM
smiles4all

twinstars, thanks so much for the help. u were right about how much that rush info taught me. thanks for pointing it out!!!!