GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Kappa Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,713
3 members and 1,710 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma, speedsters

Old 02-24-2003, 05:06 AM
GreekChat Member

The Will Ferrell debate

Okay. It's been common rumor for a few years that Will Ferrell was a Teke (at my chapter). When I told them he was a Delt, they refused to believe it. Some even threatened me. Well, not that bad, but it has sparked a tremendous debate within my chapter, because we have no lives. Anyways, this past weekend our Prytanis had to go to an SEIFC retreat and he asked some Tekes there and it was of their common knowledge that he was a Teke from UCLA. I wish somebody from IHQ would come on here and clear it up.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Dude, even people from IHQ on the TKE listserve say he is a Delt from USC. Your chapter will just embarrass themselves if they claim somebody that is not a TKE. Trust me is he was a TKE IHQ would claim him and put him with all the other famous alums. Show them the National Interfraternity Council site I listed. Do a search on Delta Tau Delta and Will Ferrell you will see. Call IHQ. Show your chapter this thread.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tkeos443 Send a message via Yahoo to tkeos443
wel anyways the movie was crazy funny no matter what fraternity he is in.....
Old 02-25-2003, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

We don't claim him as a TKE to like rushees or anything. Just amongst each other. I keep telling them about this stuff and one of my brothers did his research about it too. He found sites that say both. Also, like I said earlier about my President going to an IFC conference. Well he said that there were pamphlets being distributed and it had famous Greek alumni on it. It said also that Will Ferrell was a Teke. I have yet to see an official from IHQ say otherwise. Granted I won't be taking sides on the issue till I know for sure.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
I guess but if you don't believe IHQ then who would you believe?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Nu-Mu356
Greek 101, the merch catalog, has a list of famous greeks on the back page every issue and recently Will Ferrell and Greg Kinnear were both claimed to be TKE's by them. I don't know what the dela is with Greg Kinnear or Will Ferrell. Usually that list is fairly accurate. I don't think a greek catalog that sends stuff out to practically ALL fraternities and sororities would put down someone for the wrong organization. Who knows.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek 101 relies on greek to submit the famous people and obvious a TKE submited him. The NIC web site should be proof enough because it governs almost all the national fraternities. Plus that web link I put up from the Saturday Night live article where Will says he was a Delt should be more proof. But I give up if everyone wants to claim a Delt as the brother go for it.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are articles where Will says he is a Delt or legit non chapter sites saying he is a delt.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...-ferrell_x.htm

http://www.saturday-night-live.com/s..._nightout.html

http://www.nicindy.org/entertainment.html

http://www.delts.org/expansion/information/who.shtml
Old 02-25-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah, i just read the USA Today article where he says he himself is a Delt
Old 02-25-2003, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Just found something strange on the Delt website though. Ferrell went to school and graduated at USC... there is only a colony at USC. They have no house on the fraternity row and no recognition from IFC, and the nationls site says it's the "Crescent Colony"

http://www.delts.org/chapters/chaplink.shtml

there's the link. How can Ferrell be a Delt from back in the day from USC when they're not even a chapter yet? Unless I'm missing something, of course. Perhaps they had their charter taken and they're starting up again. But wouldn't they regain the same chapter designation they had prior to that? Either way, the whole situation sounds fishy.

If he's a Delt, why would he do a special at a TKE house? Doesn't really make sense.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

He did the special at the TKE house because there is not Delt chapter at Rutgers hwere he did the special, plus he did want a Delt house to look like crap on national tv. They probably are a restart. Just because TKE restarts keep the same names doesn't mean other fraternities do. If Will was a TKE he would be telling nation wide publications that he was a Delt.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

On a side note. Old school is a funny movie.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll believe the Delt website. I would like to clarify that his name wasn't on that list a week ago or whenever the debate began. I did check that much. I also took it from Greek 101, the magazine, that he was a Teke. I think that's where it all began. And ZNTKE, it's not that I didn't believe IHQ. I never saw them write anything. I'd believe it if I had saw it in writing. I never did so I could "not believe" them as you put it.

YITB
Old 02-26-2003, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I meant that only because I had gotten the info that he wasn't a TKE from them and let you guys know. I can see where everyone would think he is a TKE though.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

not sdsu house

That is definately not the San Diego State house in Old School. The SDSU house is next to a Sigma Chi and SAE house in a cul-de-sac and looks nothing like this one... but at least they have an official house.

At Cal State San Bernardino, we have rented probably seven different houses over the past 15 years. The university and Cal State regents will never build a row of any kind - those schools that have one have had them for over 30 years and that's the breaks!