GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,099
1 members and 1,098 guests
naraht

Old 02-14-2016, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Resume Pic Advice

I am starting to create my resume packet, and I'm not sure that the pictures I am thinking of using will do the trick. The head shot that I ordered for senior pics was taken in a studio. It was fall here (up north), and although I really like the way it came out, it has dark colors. My full body shot was taken outside in the fall, too. The leaves were changing, and I was wearing jeans, a solid 3/4 sleeve fitted T-shirt, and riding mocs. It is brighter than my head shot, as there are changing leaves and a river in the background, but it is not in the least bit dressy or formal.

The school that I will be attending is very southern and sunny. People there tend to dress up more, and I intend to do that, too. Should I take more pics to better blend in? Will my dark, northern photos stick out and limit my chances of success in a southern setting?

Any other resume pic advice?

Thanks for any help.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-14-2016, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Hate to tell you but we have winter down here. And the leaves change and fall on the ground and we mow them or rake them. We even get snow. Unless,of course, you are going somewhere below Orlando, Florida. But even those people know what fall leaves look like.

Your senior picture is fine as long as it looks like you. As for the snapshot, I'd wear flats or boots with the jeans. We even wear boots with sundresses down here.As long as the pictures look enough like you that someone could identify you walking in the door, then it's good to go. So don't cut all your hair off and color it between now and then. If you are planning a makeover, take the picture afterwards.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll stick with the head shot and rethink the body shot. It was taken by a professional photographer, and it looks pretty, but not dressy. I wasn't thinking about sorority resumes when I had them taken. Wish I would have!

Happy to say that there is not snow or much in the way of falling leaves where I will be going. I'm trading below zero temps for palm trees.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

I have sent in many non- dressy photos with recs, but if you are stressing about it take another photo. Once you get to your campus you may be surprised to learn that sorority members usually have one day a week that they dress to pin, Otherwise, they wear big, baggy t-shirts and norts or jeans.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

You're talking about sororities, right? Not Ford modeling? They want a picture of you that is clear so that they can recognize you later on. They are not judging your style sense or (gasp) that you have a picture from the fall when they will be looking at them in the summer. No cutesy, certainly no slutty. A head shot. And if you're sending in two, a 3/4 or full length shot. Like this Well, except way younger and hopefully cuter.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Another piece of advice: if sending out a photo/ resume electronically, be careful of the photo file size. I like to send my recommendations the old fashioned way. Last year when I tried to print a PNM photo, the file size was so big that only the left upper quadrant of the PNM's face printed out. We got it sorted out in the end, but it took some time.