GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,567
2 members and 2,565 guests
JayhawkAOII, Titchou

Old 01-01-2004, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile

And texas*princess, don't breathe a word about the feathers!!!
my lips are sealed!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2004, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

We get most of our supplies from national headquarters. i was going to reorder some supplies when I was ritual chair but we just didn't have the money to buy the new updated dove costume. You should see the look on the new members faces when a giant dove throwing pearls and violets comes at them. and the bird call isn't that easy to master either!! The snakes on the other had are the responsibility of each chapter to get. Talk about difficult when you are in a small town with no pet stores. That's when new members come in handy, snake hunting is a great bonding activity! oops I think I have said too much.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
BUT, I didn't tell them about the blue feather boas, so HA!!
You gals wear boas? We had to wear these:
Old 01-01-2004, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
our catsuits can be from anywhere...but the dolphin and pansy costume has be bought from EO, along with all the water we have to truck in for posiden to make a special guest apperance.

damn it! know i've said too much!!! 20 lashes with a trident!!
Damn DolphinChica, I literally spit hot cocoa all over my computer when I read this! You cracked me up with the whole special guest appearance by Posidien! But don't forget the pine tree costumes...
Old 01-01-2004, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DGMarie
You gals wear boas? We had to wear these:
SAD!! I'm glad we wear the tutus and boas now!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Txsurfinwaves
**To add to the hilarious-ness(is that a word??) of this post**

well, since carnation has already ruined the whole Indian thing(good thing she kept secret the whole dancing around the fire with no clothes on)...i guess ill have to top all of ya'lls and say we have a seance and call forth from the dead the 12 founders of Pi Beta Phi.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BaylorBean
We get most of our supplies from national headquarters. i was going to reorder some supplies when I was ritual chair but we just didn't have the money to buy the new updated dove costume. You should see the look on the new members faces when a giant dove throwing pearls and violets comes at them. and the bird call isn't that easy to master either!! The snakes on the other had are the responsibility of each chapter to get. Talk about difficult when you are in a small town with no pet stores. That's when new members come in handy, snake hunting is a great bonding activity! oops I think I have said too much.
Well, being a local and all, it's all up to us to get our ritual stuff. I'll tell you folks, it's really not that easy to find a 6 foot tall Morning Glory. What's even harder to find is the ritual dagger that we use in our ritualistic animal sacrifice of the lamb to take out the purple heart and feed it to our New Members. We basically do the same thing that the Sigma Kappa's do, and leave all of the ritual item-hunting to our New Members. Oh no! I've said too much! It's a good thing no other KLP's are on this board...
Old 01-01-2004, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TriDeltaGal
Damn DolphinChica, I literally spit hot cocoa all over my computer when I read this! You cracked me up with the whole special guest appearance by Posidien! But don't forget the pine tree costumes...
sssshhhhhh!!!!!!!!
the pine is the most topest secret ever!!!

Quote:
We will forgive you as long as you don't mention the part of the ritual where we sing our special ritual hymn "Walk Like an Egyptian
I KNEW IT!!! that explains why my Phi Sig friend always happens to sing that song the week leading up to initiation!!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:08 PM

Our tomato red fishnet stockings and leather bustiers are ordered from national. I think that rather than each girl buying her own, there should be a small amount added to dues for the "bustier fund" so they can be passed down through the chapter and replaced when needed.

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Just out of curiosity, are any of y'all permitted to take pictures while you're wearing your catsuits, tiaras, etc? That's a big NO!! with us.(
NO, NO, NO. One year the rush VP whipped out her camera DURING initiation and the chaplain ripped her a new one at the next meeting.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
Well, we aren't allowed to have pictures taken with our pink lycra catsuits on. And it's a real shame because we are very conscientious about our fat-circling and as a result everyone looks fabulous in them!
OMG! I can't stop laughing--our house mother used to always use the word "conscientious," and I can just imagine her saying, "Yes, my girls look so good because they are always so conscientious about their fat-circling!" Wa-ha-haaaa!

On a serious note...you mean any initiated DZ can make the, um, pink catsuits? I thought we had to order them or something.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
Quote:
Originally posted by phisigduchesscv
Glitter,

We will forgive you as long as you don't mention the part of the ritual where we sing our special ritual hymn "Walk Like an Egyptian"

Carolyn
I can't believe you two!! well since you two already told you won't mind me telling how we wrap our new members up like mummys at initiation. and the mummy wrap has to me nice and tight so we can make sure they passed the circling of fat test.

and of course no pictures! if people saw the mummy wrap, the John doll, and the walk like an egyptian dance, everyone would want to convert to our ritual!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

well hell, we make it easy, we just go through ritual in our birthday suits -- that way we all match! after the fat circling though... nice to know other chapters hold up that tradition as well. thats something that should never be lost. ever. even though the pink catsuits would be fun.....

nah, to my knowledge we order everything through HQ.

and we dont allow cameras until after EVERYTHING is put away... if there is so much as an open box (we keep all our stuff in jumbo tupperware containers with the sides and bottoms covered with cloth) cameras cannot be out. one of our newly initated sisters did that last spring and i thought our president was gonna kill her.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
On a serious note...you mean any initiated DZ can make the, um, pink catsuits? I thought we had to order them or something.

When I was an active, we had patterns for the catsuits and could have them made, but remember this is close to 20 years ago ( ) and it might be different now. LOL, I'm thinking of a big building with no windows in Oxford, Ohio where people work around the clock turning out pink castuits!

Sigma Kappas: Do you ever have problems during your Initiation with the snake trying to eat the dove? It just seems like a logistical nightmare!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
Well, we aren't allowed to have pictures taken with our pink lycra catsuits on. And it's a real shame because we are very conscientious about our fat-circling and as a result everyone looks fabulous in them!
I think I found a picture of your initiation outfit.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
We have to purchase our goats from Nationals. They breed them especially for ZTAs.
Last time we ordered them though, they we're quite the right shade of turquoise. Do you think they changed suppliers?