GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,533
1 members and 1,532 guests
Sen's Revenge
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

<I forgot to add this>I love the ski code names btw...I have been to most of them listed and skiing is the reason I had to have my ACL repaired after a bad fall in Tahoe this past March (atleast it was pretty rolling down the icy moutain lol). For your sister I am rooting for Aspen or Deer Valley because they are awesome!! But for you I am rooting for Park City or Telluride because they by far are my favorite places in the world to ski!!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

a few more details... 'legally blond' meets the south?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocalagirl View Post
<I forgot to add this>I love the ski code names btw...I have been to most of them listed and skiing is the reason I had to have my ACL repaired after a bad fall in Tahoe this past March (atleast it was pretty rolling down the icy moutain lol). For your sister I am rooting for Aspen or Deer Valley because they are awesome!! But for you I am rooting for Park City or Telluride because they by far are my favorite places in the world to ski!!
lol... hijack! my favorite resorts are aspen and deer valley, i love both of them... they are both so elegant. i am glad you choose those for sydney... but i am not giving anything away yet. i also like the glitz, glam and "new money" of vail... i really love skiing the canadian rockies and skiing that area, especially lake louise... looking down at that azure blue glacier lake and then the chateaux with the ice castles on the glacier lake... dreams are made of visions like that!

a few more details...
we both had a bit of a hard time finding just "the right clothes"... as i have previously mentioned... we are both very petite. we both tan well and have really long blond hair. our eyes are blue but colored contacts really can make them vibrant violet, green or really blue. so, in addition to coordinating every detail of the clothes that we wore... we also attempted to match out eye colors... i know, very vain... but in a competitive recruitment one has to do something to set themselves apart. we had always drawn attention being identical twins... that was not going to be a distinquishing factor since we went to different universities. luckily our mother has impeccible taste and thought she knew our sizes and but did know our individual taste... so while we were working hard all summer preparing for cheerleading at a division one university... she was buying lots of wonderful things. she even had a friend get her into market in both dallas and atlanta... and she purchased some really wonderful clothes... tre chic!

it seems when one is really petite... the clothes in the petite or junior section of even really great stores... are just not a glamourous and a bit too "cutsey" for our tastes. we both knew this was going to be hard. and... i had worked so hard in cheer, lifting weights... my body was changing and getting more muscular and i was now down to a size zero, that makes it really hard to find something elegant that does not drag the ground. when sydney saw how much i was changing physically... she immediately started weights... and really toned up as well. our mother about had a fit... lol... as almost everything she purchased would need to be altered... even more.

our mother was wonderful with "loaning" us distinct pieces of "family" jewlery... the "real stuff"... it tended to make me really nervous... what if i lost something? i certainly did not need any more stress. but both of us had some killer pieces of heirloom jewelry and that set us apart... very distinctive... i have really grown to love it. diamonds are a girls best friend!

also... i have determined in my professional life that height for a woman is very much of a plus. when you are petite... people, especially professional men... seemingly tend to treat a petite woman like they are a child... and do not take you seriously. we weren't that easily dismissed... we were co-valedictorians, so grades were not an issue for us in recruitment. so... even though we were these tiny cheerleaders... we were also "smart girls"... a definite plus.

somewhat like elle woods in 'legally blond'... i wanted everything to perfectly coordinate... but in a demure and elegant fashion. sydney is a bit more "flashy"... lol... so her style tends to really stand out... she mixes colors i would not do and pulls it off extremely well. i prefer a classic, timeless look... but felt as though i needed some of sydney's fashion flair for the first few days... to really stand out. i knew i could pull off prefs... and sydney would want to follow what i chose. i loved the houses where we were lined up alphabetically... not by size, i absolutely hated being the first one in line... and the first one in the house. and... that anticipation factor... were they going to be a "quiet, elegant house"... or just as you enter scare you to death with their "enthusiasm and contagious spirit"... somewhat like we tried to do cheering! different styles... and seemingly there was no pattern to how each individual sorority did their initial greeting... but i presume that is supposed to be part of the fun. for me.. being first just made it worse... i never knew what to expect and how to react... more stressssssss!

to all of those i have now bored to death... there is only one more background scenario that i will have to discuss... a bit later. that particular point turns out to be the most dispositive element in both of our recruitments... i have alluded to it, but more later... as it is now time for sydney's recruitment to start...

cheers!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by recruitment View Post
[COLOR=darkorchid]
cheers!
At the end of every post. I LOVE IT!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:

[COLOR=#9932cc]it seems when one is really petite... the clothes in the petite or junior section of even really great stores... are just not a glamourous and a bit too "cutsey" for our tastes.
I know exactly what you mean, I'm 5'0 and a size 2. I went to the jr section of a department store and had a really hard time locating a pair of jeans that didn't have some sort of hideous embroidery on them. I get the whole "dragging the ground" problem too. I have to have all of my jeans altered to avoid it.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-08-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

sydney's recuitment begins...

i truly wish i could get sydney to actively participate in this thread. she is incredibly busy with a very complex matter at work and does not want to be bothered... not that it stops me. we work for the same firm (i know!)... so i keep pestering her for details... give me details... i call, text her... and then just go into her office until she tells me some of the details. i can tell i am starting to get on her nerves... as she is very nervous about this matter at work... more about that later.

sydney's recruitment begins!
she loved her orientation and was really excited and enthusiastic about the start of recruitment. i also think she was was very, very thankful i was not going to school there... although she would never admit that. our mother had instilled in her the drive to succeed at recruitment and that this was her time to "shine" and "shine" she did. i was still in town as my recruitment did not start for several more days so i got to help syd with her make-up and her hair (heaven forbid our mother was trying to do it all, so i knew i had to intervene... lol... she is wonderful!) she was absolutely gorgeous and was actually glowing and was so excited... and as she left to see all six sororities at her university... i was so proud and so was our mother! i was so nervous... nervous for syd and nervous for me. she looked wonderful and i prayed she had the most wonderful day she had ever had. i have to admit i thought how it would be for me... my university was much larger, there would be so many people from all over that i did not know... and also so many more sororoities.

as life has twists and turns... her first house to visit was red river. i am afraid that i had totally influenced syd about red river. at my university red river seemingly had a giant magnet that attracted all of the "mean girls" from all over our state and entire region. that was one of the things that i totally dreaded about my upcoming recruitment... having to go to red river. i had dismissed the "mean girls" in high school, so they dismissed me. that was the house that i positively knew i would cut immediately... and i already they would cut me even faster. i always hated skiing at red river! i know that is not polite and is inappropriate... but at a large university with several sororities... i think there is always one chapter that a pnm just does not care for... and my mind was already made up. period. syd had an open mind... or at least tried to have an open mind and was somewhat relieved that red river was the first house she would have to visit. red river was the smallest chapter at syd's university and she could easily tell it was really struggling. sydney felt sorry for them... but she liked them and thought they were very sweet... but they were not her. they tried really hard... but nothing seemed to go together for them. bad, really bad... everything had to go together for sydney, she was and is an absolute perfectionist. she left very disappointed and relieved that they were not the "mean girls" i had led her to believe.

next for sydney was the polar opposite... the positively wonderful and highly rated deer valley. syd knew about half of this chapter. this particular sorority is very popular with all pnms and is a huge "powerhouse" nationally and especially in this entire region... all of their chapters are top rate, just an excellent, excellent sorority. most of the other cheerleaders were members of deer valley. she loved it and had a wonderful time. they were the homecoming queens and the class officers and favorites, just a truly top rate and wonderful house. deer valley had an elegant, but fun first party and syd visited with more members than she could remember. syd had a wonderful experience and they were so excited to see her. however, there was that other thing... there will definitely be more about that later. but syd definitely left a part of her heart at the truly wonderful deer valley...

then to the huge and mighty keystone. they have chapters everywhere and at about every school, large and small, in our state and region... and are a wonderful sorority. just like the resort... you can ski from daybreak until midnight... they are everywhere and they are good. keystone was pleased to see her... but not as welcoming as she thought they would be. sydney definitely wanted to go back... but she already knew that keystone would not be her home. it was pleasant, their theme was cute and she enjoyed herself, but she was somewhat ignored... which concerned her greatly. we love skiing at keystone... but she had this feeling that keystone did not love her. and there still was this thing...

from there syd went to sante fe. this is a real powerhouse sorority all over... except in our state and this region. they were definitely a smaller house and had lots of "smart girls"... and even though syd is really smart, this was not the place for her... she decided she would cut sante fe before red river. she felt ignored and dismissed because she was a cheerleader... she was highly disappointed in sante fe and her reception and treatment. she said that was the longest party of her life... and she felt that sante fe had already dismissed her before she even got there and they had met her... and syd definitely did not want to go back. period.

next she went to sun valley. they did not have a chapter of sun valley at the university i was soon to attend... but there was one at the other major comprehensive state university. we both knew several members at that chapter, it seemed to be an excellent chapter. sun valley was the house that all of the prominent legacies to the top chapters who were cut joined sun valley. sun valley always took in several truly great young ladies who had their hearts broken... but they all quickly loved sun valley. she did not know a single member of this house at her university... so she was a bit apprehensive. she thought they had the cutest theme party of the day and syd had a wonderful time and she loved them... much to her surprise. this house was her surprise house of the day. she definitely knew she wanted to go back to sante fe on "four party day."

finally sydney, tired from five houses... went the final house of the day. the classy, elegant and "old money" aspen. this was the single most elegant house at her university and the most beautiful, classy, refined and wealthy young ladies. aspen is a truly wonderful sorority with a great reputation and wonderful chapters. aspen was the house that most everyone, including sydney, had dreamed about. of course, everything they did was fully catered and as elegant as any pref. however, syd was first in line at aspen and as she entered... she paused for a moment... as she looked she saw an entire room full of tall, very tall... very elegant blonds... she immediately felt very small, very... very small. she said she came to most of their waists (i really cannot say what she really said, it is totally true... but totally politically incorrect... lol... we still laugh about it to this day!) syd said that she had to constantly look up when having any conversation. luckily several wonderful members of aspen graciously greeted syd, made her feel immediately at home... and had syd sit in the chair while three of them sat on the floor (so they were at eye level... lol!) and they had a fabulous visist. she was truly given the "royal treatment" and she loved... absolutely loved aspen. aspen was everything she had ever imagined and more... syd definitely loved aspen. but, again, there was this thing... definitely, most definitely more about that later...

she was tired... while we could have talked for hours... syd wanted to visit with her new friends and all of the other girls in recruitment who were on her floor of the dorm they stayed in, so i respected that. i so wanted to go over to that dorm... but this was syd's recruitment... not mine. of course... our mother tried to interrogate syd about every single detail... especially one particular house. syd had a wonderful day and was so excited about going back to most of the houses the next day. she would have gladly skipped going back to sante fe if there was any possible way other than a serious injury... as like mine, it was mandatory that all pmns attend every house on all house day... both days.

cheers!

Last edited by recruitment; 07-08-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol... hijack! my favorite resorts are aspen and deer valley, i love both of them... they are both so elegant. i am glad you choose those for sydney... but i am not giving anything away yet. i also like the glitz, glam and "new money" of vail... i really love skiing the canadian rockies and skiing that area, especially lake louise... looking down at that azure blue glacier lake and then the chateaux with the ice castles on the glacier lake... dreams are made of visions like that!
<hijack>See I love the old money places and Aspen and Deer Valley fit right into that category. While I love Park City because of the wonderful nightlife and being so close to Salt Lake, those places are so glamorous and sophisticated. I also like it that Deer Valley doesn't allow snowboarders (which I have tried but is super hard and they tend to be more reckless than skiiers). Okay end hijack!

I am really interested in how your sister's 4 party day. I bet it was hard for you not to want to be there right with her. I know reading this I felt bad for you that you weren't right with her every step of the way. I know you are supposed to be independant people, but didn't you feel too you wanted to be with her during this special time? I am really glad things went so great for her the first day. Hope your recruitment starts out just as good as hers did.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

someone who really understands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I know exactly what you mean, I'm 5'0 and a size 2. I went to the jr section of a department store and had a really hard time locating a pair of jeans that didn't have some sort of hideous embroidery on them. I get the whole "dragging the ground" problem too. I have to have all of my jeans altered to avoid it.
hijack! jocelyn... i have to admit that i about died when i saw your post... lol. jeans are the absolute worst. you can just about forget it and count on trying to find a specialty store or ordering them... but do ordered jeans always fit? certainly not in my experience and syd's.

honestly... our best store had some cute jeans in the junior department recently... at least i thought they were... i was so excited, at long last... pulled them out... and they were "bratz" for a little girl, albeit a big little girl... "bratz" in the junior department... what grown woman is going to wear jeans like that? and getting "tight fittin' jeans"... to discretely show off ones assets... well, just forget it! i did not know you were that petite as well, i have loved your posts for years and how truly sincere and compassionate you are... now we share something that you just have to be that size to really understand. i know where you can get some really cute "bratz" jeans!!! lol!

cheers!

Last edited by recruitment; 07-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ilddd3
Quote:

however, there was that other thing... there will definitely be more about that later.
I can't take it anymore. Please post more Tell us what the "other thing" is :-)
Old 07-08-2007, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with ilddd!!! This thread is addicting, I can't wait to see what happens!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I third the motion. Update please! Especially with what "the other thing" is.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing that the other thing is the legacy value?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Please do update soon! I am dying to find out what "this thing" is. Also, which chapter is your mother's?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment, just curious... we haven't seen you before... are you a long-time lurker??? Where/when did you go to school?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

this thread is wonderful! how long have you been lurking (the comment about loving KSUViolet's posts "for years" made me wonder)?

/hijack rant
also, i COMPLETELY agree on the petite clothing issue. I'm in-between 5'0 and 5'1, wear about a size 3-4, and it's damn near impossible to find nice clothes that look classy and not cutesy and are age appropriate (I am not in the market to look like a petite grandma, thanks). Though I recently discovered that Old Navy makes jeans for petites that fit REALLY nicely all my jeans though, have either had to be altered or they've had the bottoms destroyed by getting them stuck under my shoes constantly. and it's the worst when you get stuck in the rain, because it means the water soaks your entire leg almost immediately...

/end rant
Old 07-09-2007, 05:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

please post the rest of your story! i am dying to know what happens next!
Closed Thread