GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,395
1 members and 1,394 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 PM

Badges and WEddings

My bridesmaid who was here yesterday asked me a question. She asked me if the Theta bridesmaids and myself were going to wear our pins......I hadnt planned on wearing mine or havign them wear theirs.....however now that i think about it more I'm kind of wondering about it. I dont know that it would look right on my dress to wear mine, but it may look pretty on their dresses now.

I'm curious to see what you all think about it. What say you?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it would be really cool to pin your badge to a ribbon or something on your boquet, and have your Theta bridesmaids do the same. This way it's not so obvious, but still incorporated into the wedding. Just take the badge off before you toss the boquet. That's my input anyway.

Theta Love
Brit
Old 02-09-2006, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
When my friends have gotten married they've worn their badges on the inside of their dresses over their hearts. I always thought that was a nice idea.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
I was going to borrow our chapter lavaliere to use in my bouquet for the wedding but there is another wedding the same day as mine.

I was thinking about finding a way ti pin my pin on the inside of my dress.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LoggerTheta
I think it would be really cool to pin your badge to a ribbon or something on your boquet, and have your Theta bridesmaids do the same. This way it's not so obvious, but still incorporated into the wedding. Just take the badge off before you toss the boquet. That's my input anyway.

Theta Love
Brit
This is an idea. I have two bouquets thought. One is the one i'll walk down the aisle with and have picture with that will be preserved after the wedding. the other is a small bouquet with a mix of the same flowers from my main one and the bridesmaids bouquets to toss.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluefish81
When my friends have gotten married they've worn their badges on the inside of their dresses over their hearts. I always thought that was a nice idea.

I like this idea too!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I got married eons ago and never thought of this, but what about (also) wearing them at the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, for everyone to see?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:10 PM

Rehearsal dinner might work!

I dont know what mood i'll be in having had to pack for honeymoon that day cuz we are leaving bright and early for hawaii on the 14th and our flight leaves from Cincinatti which is an hour north of here too. so no time to last minute pack because the nigth before we'll be busy.

I like this idea though. I'll email the four of them and see how they feel about it.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to undtheta2000
ThetaPrincess-
What did you decide to do?! Did you wear your badge or anything?
This is what happens when I'm gone from the site for a while. I miss interesting threads like this to comment on!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:41 AM

I ended up not wearing my badge, nor did the three of the six bridesmaids who were Thetas. They were supposed to wear their badges but only one remembered to bring hers so we all decided instead of just having one girl wear her badge to just not wear any badges. PM me and I'll tell you how I incorporated Theta into my wedding in other ways.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping this for ideas for TLAMforever. I keep looking for the Theta song thread...
Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I totally forgot to wear a badge when I got married this summer. I was super bummed (especially since I wear a badge almost everyday normally). I would totally incorporate badges if I had been more organized

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Bumping this for ideas for TLAMforever. I keep looking for the Theta song thread...

Thanks!!! Ya we're super bummed because we have the words but no one knows the tune to either of those songs! And because everyone keeps telling that there is supposedly a song that is typically sung at weddings...but no one knows what it is lol. Definitely wearing my pin inside my dress!!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Try calling HQ and see if they can find a way to get the tune to you? Just a thoguht..
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

When Honeychile got married in 2011, I brought one of my pins (my 160th turquoise) and Polarpi had her pin. Honeychile put the pins on her bouquet. She then had her photographer take a picture of the bouquet with the pins. It was very pretty.

Plus since the pins were blue, she got her something borrowed and something blue all in two "pins".

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt