GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 974
1 members and 973 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 02-11-2008, 03:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I wish I could help! Any Keepers out there?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Ahhh! I bid on an all pearl badge from the 40's but I keep getting out bid. It isn't that expensive right now (about $50) but I can't spend that much on it. I'm pretty sure the person I'm betting against isn't a Kappa. Ahhh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110222319878

Anyone?
I was thinking about bidding on this one as well and am "watching" it (guess I'll be getting an update soon since the bidding will be done in a couple of hours). Although I'd prefer one with sapphires and pearls, this one is pretty, too. I figured I won't find my original one until I replace it.

I think a new all-pearl one is in the $90 range, so this would be a bargain at $50.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

being that i am a new member (will be initiated this weekend!!! i am so so so excited. this week has been AMAZING so far), the prices are still fresh in my head & the all pearl one is roughly $90. i got the sapphire & pearl one, even though my dream one was the sapphire & diamond badge. i thought i would be able to persuade my mom, as she is a kappa & it is something she holds close to her heart, but no such luck. i guess i'll just have to wait until i can buy it on my own.

i have grown up to my mom making references to kappa, singing songs, doing the knock on my door in the mornings(without me realizing what it was), having fleur di lis wallpaper in our bathrooms, etc. so i know how important badges are because my mom wouldn't let me put it on & always said if anything ever happened to her it had to be buried with her or sent back to HQ. the other day i got the bright idea to go on ebay to see whether there were any kappa badges up there & i was shocked to see 4 current listings. does headquarters happen to try and get ahold of these or is it up to one of us to buy it?

anyway, i am so excited to finally wear the golden key like my mom. & i know my mom is just as excited (if not more) as i am. she always told me to keep my options open & that it didn't matter where i ended up, just as long as i was happy...but deep down i know she REALLY wanted me to go kappa.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleyk5187 View Post
does headquarters happen to try and get ahold of these or is it up to one of us to buy it?
Welcome elley! We do have a badge rescue group in place, called the Keepers of the Key. If you would like more information, let me know and I'd be more than happy to PM you about them.

Congratulations on your initiation this weekend! That's such a special bond you'll always share with your mom. My older sister is also a Kappa and I know it helped bring us closer together.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on your upcoming initiation elley! Mine truly was an experience I will carry in my heart for the rest of my life.

ISU, could you PM me about Keepers of the Key? It's something I would love to know more about. It makes me sad every time I see a badge on ebay going to or being sold by a non-Kappa.