GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,273
1 members and 2,272 guests
Tridentia

Old 05-28-2016, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Strangest Argument Starter

Today while sitting in the drive through, I was thinking about when I was married (a long long long time ago) and about one huge argument we had at a friend's house. The whole crew was over at this friend's house to watch the NASCAR race, and on the way there, he and I had stopped at McDonald's. When we got to our friend's house and unpacked our food, he noticed that I had only picked up 1 straw from the condiment counter (in addition to multiple napkins, ketchup packets, forks). He then started a fight, citing this as proof that I didn't love him and was a selfish be-yotch who only cared about myself.

I don't think I ever been involved in an argument that started for a more stupid reason!

I'd love to hear what your stupidest argument topic was once!!
Old 05-29-2016, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

My husband and I got into one of the biggest fights we ever had over what we would spend the money on when we won the Lotto!!
Old 05-30-2016, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
He must have a lot of faith that he's going to win it!!
Old 05-30-2016, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

well, he has been buying one ticket each week since it started and we haven't won yet!! LOL

Last edited by tootiepie2; 05-30-2016 at 07:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-30-2016, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

About five or six years ago, I dated a guy who ended up being completely crazy.

We had gone to a family wedding, where there was a cocktail hour beforehand. They had bottles of water out, and I asked him if he wanted one. He said yes, I got him the water, and that was it...until he pulled me aside and started lecturing me about how, if I really cared for him, that I would not have had to ask if he wanted water--I would have just brought him a bottle. Seriously. An argument over bottled water.

We ended up breaking up about a week later, because he was stone cold ridiculous.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't remember what the argument was about, but it cumulated in my then husband to be threw an M&M at me. He missed and and it ricocheted around the room. We ended up laughing ourselves silly.

A good ending for our first fight.

ΒΣΦ
Louisiana Preceptor Pi -Exemplar
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

My marriage almost didn’t last a week. On our honeymoon, we traveled around and some of that involved camping. When we got to the campsite, we could not get our tent set up. Add to this, we were hot, hungry and had been driving all day, and you get yelling, crying, and other drama. We were seriously in danger of one person abandoning the other forever at the campground. Eventually we got the tent up, had some food, and everything was okay for the rest of the trip. (Later we figured out the tent was actually defective)
Old 06-01-2016, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

My mom (RIP) couldn't cook when she got married, plus she married into a family of South Louisiana French people who knew their food. One night she tried to make gumbo with disastrous results, and when it was dinnertime my dad was like, "What dis, babe?" She packed up and threatened to go home to Mother. LOL
Old 06-01-2016, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
My marriage almost didn’t last a week. On our honeymoon, we traveled around and some of that involved camping. When we got to the campsite, we could not get our tent set up. Add to this, we were hot, hungry and had been driving all day, and you get yelling, crying, and other drama. We were seriously in danger of one person abandoning the other forever at the campground. Eventually we got the tent up, had some food, and everything was okay for the rest of the trip. (Later we figured out the tent was actually defective)
I thought we were headed for divorce on our honeymoon too! The night after our wedding we had a limo take us three hours to Memphis where I had booked the honeymoon suite at the Adam's Mark. We were flying out the next day for our cruise. Well, when we got to the hotel after midnight, our room was not made up. So they had to put us into a really crappy room. They forgot to move our wake-up call. So we wake up, with 30 minutes to get to the airport. I had "wedding hair" that had wound up in a giant birdsnest of awfulness. I piled that crap on top of my head, and we donned our "bride" and "groom" t-shirts. We didn't realize that my husband had hypoglycemia at the time, but he was an asshat that morning (due to low blood sugar). We had to take a tiny prop plane from Memphis to Texas and by the time we made it we were both green from motion sickness, he was shaking due to his sugar (and again being a total ass) and not speaking. I really wish I had bought the "getting on the ship" photo because we were pissy, not smiling, and looked like we were from The Walking Dead. We had also forgot to pack a couple of our suitcases and had left them with my mom. So we had to buy swimsuits and a lot of other stuff on the ship. Looking back it's funny but it was a hot freaking mess at the time. Now we've been married 17 years!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.