GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,294
0 members and 2,294 guests
No Members online

Old 12-18-2004, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush Budget

I am Rush Chair for a mid-sized fraternity. Just wondering how much money other chapters put into their rush budget? (please include your chapter size as well)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I am assuming you will not be serving alcohol. In that case you should need more than $100 (membership = 50). Just some snacks and drinks and flyers if necessary.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
I think it really depends on how Rush is conducted on your campus. I've talked to other Beta chapters that spend $15k on one week's rush, while my chapter of equal size spends around 1500 or so.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MissOh2Cute Send a message via Yahoo to MissOh2Cute
I just ended as VP Recruitment for my chapter...mid-size 60 members...and our campus actually puts a cap for us for Formal Recruitment, which was $500 but for Informal we can spend whatever we want. When our National Consultant came to visit us, she told me about one of our chapters in Colorado that had something like a $30,000 budget for Rush! couldn't IMAGINE!!!! well actually I could and I think it would be lots of fun!
Old 12-25-2004, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
I wouldn't even know what to do with that much money for rush.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

last year we had a rush budget of around 3500. this included a band (2500), alcohol fund, drinks for official open houses, hooters trip, tubing trips, cookouts, sorority bid day party, etc.

rush budget size really depends on how competitive your school is and whether or not you are going to have to hire bands or something big like that. rush is very competitive at my school and every fraternity has to throw at least one or two band parties during rush.

pretty sure i could be the innovator of fun with 30 grand...
Old 12-25-2004, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally posted by deltachi02
pretty sure i could be the innovator of fun with 30 grand...
Me too!

*that's right, guys, just put the roller coaster right there...*
Old 12-26-2004, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter is usually around 35-40 sisters. We have a cap of 800$ for Formal Recruitment. Fall Informal is about 300$, and spring is about 250$.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

With the $30,000 budget I remember her telling us the chapter had a moat around their house (i swear this is what she said!) and they had floating candles in the moat. For prefs, they rented white tents and set them up and had centerpieces made of Lily of the Valley, Forget-Me-Nots and Ivy, our flowers and symbol. The event was catered to the max apparently.

One can only dream!

Being a former VP of Recruitment, I am pretty much against No Frills Rush, which is odd considering my campus is No Frills. I know there is SO much more to a chapter than how you decorate a room, but I think it just adds to the excitement and "FORMALITY" of Formal Recruitment. I wish we had a much bigger budget.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MissOh2Cute
With the $30,000 budget I remember her telling us the chapter had a moat around their house (i swear this is what she said!) and they had floating candles in the moat. For prefs, they rented white tents and set them up and had centerpieces made of Lily of the Valley, Forget-Me-Nots and Ivy, our flowers and symbol. The event was catered to the max apparently.

One can only dream!

Being a former VP of Recruitment, I am pretty much against No Frills Rush, which is odd considering my campus is No Frills. I know there is SO much more to a chapter than how you decorate a room, but I think it just adds to the excitement and "FORMALITY" of Formal Recruitment. I wish we had a much bigger budget.
WOW... that would totally go against all our no frills rules that we just made at my campus. We only have $1000 budget for the year. Most of the time all the chapters have to do spring recruitment as well, so they split it up.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
WOW... that would totally go against all our no frills rules that we just made at my campus. We only have $1000 budget for the year. Most of the time all the chapters have to do spring recruitment as well, so they split it up.
We're lucky enough that our Panhell only controls our budget for Formal Rush....and it's $500 which is VERY hard to work with! We usually don't go over the same amount during informal and COB though.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Arrow

With alcohol, anywhere between $1,500 - $2000 per semester.

Without alcohol, about $500 less.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:04 PM

Panhellenic limits all our formal rush budgets to a certain amount (I think it's no more than $3,000). COR budgets vary by chapter, usually around $500-$1,000. It really just depends on how much money the chapter wants to put into their COR events.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

My fraternity has about 35 active members and we have a $10,000 rush budget for rush week in January.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spn2200
My fraternity has about 35 active members and we have a $10,000 rush budget for rush week in January.
Is this a typo? 10K and you only have 35 brothers? That's approx. $285 per brother just to pay for rush! Are you buying them hookers or something for that price!