GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,286
0 members and 2,286 guests
No Members online

Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERTEKE View Post
Oh damn, well never mind then. I was going to suggest a concert with DJs/bands/artists that are popular in your area.
I'm of the opinion that unless your house is going to have trouble drawing rushees, leave the gimmicky crap to others. Your going to have a lot more effective rush in terms of getting guys that you want if brothers talk to rushees rather than just watching something with them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-18-2008, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
I'm of the opinion that unless your house is going to have trouble drawing rushees, leave the gimmicky crap to others. Your going to have a lot more effective rush in terms of getting guys that you want if brothers talk to rushees rather than just watching something with them.
Yeah, I believe that too. But if a chapter wants to get its name out there to PNMs then a concert wouldn't be a bad idea. I wasn't going to suggest it to be during actual rush week either, because I also think that rush week should just be laid-back events where the brothers get to know the PNMs.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and to the OP, I think you should focus more on Recruitment vs Rushing. If your chapter focuses all its energy into rush week, then you'll likely get lower numbers and poorer quality of guys.

I'm assuming you know the difference between Recruitment and Rushing, but if you don't.. Recruitment is "all year," as corny as that sounds. If your chapter starts recruiting guys since way before Summer B starts (e.g. getting to know them, hanging out with them, reeling them in so to speak) then you'll have a much better pledge class than if you waited until Rush Week itself to meet guys and give them bids.

The best chapters at any school already have a strong foundation for a pledge class way before Rush Week. Focusing all your efforts on Rush Week results in poorer numbers and lower quality of men.

Are the guys in your chapter good at recruiting? Because you can have the flashiest rush events (which isn't possible in your case anway), but if the guys don't know how to talk to guys and "rush" then you're screwed.

If your chapter is new/having trouble with recruitment I suggest you read this book.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

pantherteke, thanks i may check that book out..

however, how can we recruit during the summer? we have informal rush so our rush is 5-6 weeks. we dont have a set "rush week". therefore, from the moment we get to school we are rushing until early october..